Cap'n Daniels Calls A Meeting

Cap'n Daniels Calls A Meeting

Postby Rattrap » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:41 pm

It was evident, the moment they had sprung from the earth, that the spires need to be removed. Much like all the other plagues and curses that'd been pounding Myrken Wood like rivers do to rocks, many geological times faster.

The Myrken folk were strong, but if things continued as they were, there wouldn't be anybody left to be strong.

This in mind, Captain Thomas Daniels made an announcement - to be passed through the ranks of the Straka until it reached its respective intendees - that the lieutenants and himself needed to sit down and meet on the subject of the unnatural towers.

There were lots of options...
Rattrap

Postby Tyralor » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:53 am

An announcement that didn't take overly long to reach a few ears at any rate.

"There wasn't anything more to his declaration than that, Key?"

"No Sir."

"I haven't even heard of him much lately. Any rumours on what he actually has been up to? Did he mention when he was scheduling the meeting?"

"No Sir."

"Sort of a sparse enough message. I wonder what he's been up to. Contact him, and see if you can't get a few more details out of him, including when he plans on making himself available for a meeting. Also, if at all possible, what he has been doing recently."

"Yes Sir."

Curt nods were exchanged between Key and Joshua, before the Adjunct turned and made her way out of Kilborn's office, and off to find out what other details she could wrestle, either out of Daniels himself, or one of his inner circle of friends.
Tyralor

Duvall's reply.

Postby Zorana » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:52 pm

"Office boy, fetch me a little bit more paperwork," he muttered. "Bring me that 'uge stack over there, yes. Yes, that's perfect. Now, fill out every form, nevermind that all of them are bloody useless."

"Zhai`helleva," he cursed quietly, resisting the urge to throw his pen across the room. He'd broken the last... four. He carefully restrained himself and laid the carved wooden pen on the desk. "Relax. You're starting to talk to yourself again."

There was a sharp knock on the door, and he looked up, surprised. "Yes?" he said, cautiously, expecting another shipment of 'paperwork,' of supply lists and rosters to be filled out, orders to be placed, and correspondence to write. He swore, silently, to any god that was listening that if he were just given a job to let him leave the office for one day, he'd stop complaining - at least for a little while.

"Lieutenant Duvall? I've a message from the Captain," came the polite voice of a new guardsman.

"Come in," he replied, wearily, already ruling out several of the things it couldn't possibly be. He looked up when the door opened and tugged off his hat. He shoved a hand through his sandy colored, rather unkempt hair, and looked expectantly at the guardsman while he shoved the floppy, beaten leather hat back on his head.

"Captain Daniels would like to arrange a meeting with you and the other Lieutenants to discuss the Spires in the forest, Sir."

"Would 'e, now? It's been so damn long since I've personally spoken to the man, I'd all but forgotten 'e could -talk-."

"You shouldn't speak badly of the Captain, Sir."

Duvall looked up at the younger guard, a new recruit, and watched him with scruitinizing hazel eyes. "Have you ever met the Captain?"

"Well... No, sir."

"Then you haven't the faintest idea what sort of man 'e really is. Thanks for the message."

"But..," the young man stuttered, frowning. "What shall I tell the Captain...?"

"The Captain's secretary, you mean?"

The young man blushed. "What will you reply, Sir?"

"Tell 'im to give me some idea when 'e can bloody see me, and I'll work something out. Oh, and run over to Kilborn's office, would you? Tell 'im I'd like 'im to drop by sometime. 'e knows my office 'ours."

"Aye, sir." The young guardsman bowed, still red in the face, and walked out.

"Mmm. A meeting, eh? Nice to see you're still around, Captain, sir." He sighed. It wasn't that the Captain was a bad man, but he was never really -involved-. "What I'd give to see the Prince back with us lowly commoners. I miss you, Captain, I do. You knew us all, at least, and put us in places better suited to our skills."

He grunted, glared at the paperwork, and forced himself to finish the rosters, at least. He couldn't abandon the men simply because he hated his job. He'd learned more of loyalty than that from the Prince. He'd hate to disappoint his only good influence.
Did you ever wonder what happens when there's dirt on the "Bat Signal?" It wouldn't even look like a bat anymore. Maybe they'd accidentally summon a superhero named "Misshapen Blob Man." I bet he weighs 900 lbs. and comes in the "Misshapen Blobmobile." And the cops go, "Aaah! Clean the lens!" And his theme could be the Batman song at about 10 R.P.M.

Shameless Art Promotion Starts Here.
Zorana

Postby Rattrap » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:47 pm

Secretaries came and went, asking and verifying times. It only occured to Thomas Daniels now that he didn't have one, nor was there one about when he'd be assigned his position...but, as it were, that seemed like something a little less than important to focus on.

So to one secretary, or to a messenger, the captain assigned the task of asking the lieutenants which times they weren't busy, or rather, the time they were the least busy, try to collaborate those times, and come back to see him.

The cap'n would make the time, where ever it was going to fall.

For the time being, however, Thomas was going to go inspect those spires.

With a torch and the normal Straka gear, he left for an afternoon.
Rattrap

Return to Myrken Wood