A Young Man's First Journal

A Young Man's First Journal

Postby Glenn » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:21 am

Entry 1:

Lady Olwak says that I should keep this journal. She says it will help my spelling and also help me use short sen ten ces. This is a problem in writing, in my writing. She also thinks it will help me keep track of things. There are a lot of things lately. She said that maybe I should write to Sir Gahald. She thinks that maybe I should call the journal that. She thinks that maybe I should write to him that way, that is. I didn't really like that idea though, even though I did try, so she was okay with me just using entry 1, entry 2, entry 3. She is going to read it to check in my progres.

I have been back in Myrken for two weeks. It is bitter and sweet.Things are much better than when I left. There is no Feend. Governor Burnie has done a very good job. I knew him years ago, before I left. He grew up to be a good person. I am sure it is due to my Lady being at his side. There is a school. People come from places like Heath and Derry to live here instead of it being the other way around. I have met good people who have wished to do me favors just out of the goodness of their heart and sent letters, which is very exciting, to such men, such as Mister Waldemar and Mister Duquesne. I've also met stought lads such as Cherny who are brave and kind and smart because they go to school. There is Gale too, but I am not ready to write about her. Lady Olwak is espeshially amazing, and I say this knowing she will read it because it is important she knows. I see her everyday and she brightens my day and provides a light to guide me through the new Myrken. There are so man good things. But the Witch. I need to remember not to start sentences with And and But. Lady Olwak has told me that it is not proper.

The witch has cast a spell on everyone, everyone. With some people it is big and with some it is little. Some just know and accept her. Some think they know me. She has created a whole life for me, a net to catch me in. It troubles me to think of how it almost worked. From what I gather she wanted me to think I was an evil thief, one who did not respect my betters, the rule of law, and that did not treat ladies properly. If it was just me who had to fight the spell, it would be okay, but she has used it to cloud the minds of her victims and has used my name as a tool in doing so. When I saw how hurt Miss Nova seemed or how confused Miss Nela Kaczmarek was because of the spell, it saddened me. Even poor Mister Catch tried to hit me in his confusion. Mister Gora thinks that the best way to lift it is to kill the Witch, but I have not always seen that to be true.

There is also the fisical side of things. The Inscribed Witches had giant monsters as guards to protect them. It was only after vainsquishing them that we drove them out of their hiding places. What I now understand and did not then was that these monsters were once human. In Myrken I have met a giant wolf, a boy with tentacles, a girl made of light, and others. This is just within two weeks!!! All of these people will eventually finish their transformations and become giant monsters if I do not stop this. I will. I promise it to them and to my Lady that I will help them. I will help everyone in Myrken no matter the cost. It is hard. The air is different here and armor weighs more than what I had in Lothaine. I am training every day to get better and more used to things. Those that I train with still think I am months away from being able to do battle with anything particularly fierce. I will just have to work harder. This is my home. I can't fail. I won't.
Glenn
Co-Founder

Return to Myrken Wood