Punishments and Rewards

Punishments and Rewards

Postby Jirai » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:36 am

This was necessary. Many things were necessary, these days. These nights. One got very good at doing what was necessary. This wasn't even the hardest of those things, not by any measurement. It was smaller, less complicated, and still quite necessary.

She rather thought she would enjoy the results.

Eyes closed, she slipped into sleep. More than sleep, she slipped into another's sleep. Another's dream, a mind she had planned a path to. She seeped into it with a delicate, careful touch, adding nothing to give a hint as to her presence. Not yet.
Jirai
Op

Re: Punishments and Rewards

Postby Suede » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:19 am

Some people had disturbed dreams, full of horrors, oddities, and terrors that scuttled across the landscape of their minds. They dreamed of fat men butchering and slaughtering, spiders crawling through every orifice, and other horrors.

Others were far too refined to delve into such twisted ideas even when asleep. Despite assumptions about the tailor, he was one such man. He did not dream of eldritch horrors, torture, or mad revels through the night. He dreamed of dancing.

A brilliant field lit for midday though the sky declared it quite the opposite. The moon rode high in the sky, giving more light than it ever could naturally. A field of blue grass dotted with red flowers spread out endlessly and stretched to hills it could never quite reach. A few trees arched high from the soil, small droplets hanging from them. At a distance they seemed to be fruit, but on closer inspection they stared at anyone and everyone that looked their way. Eyes observing the man dancing through the field.

Faint violin music raced about him through the wind as he danced. The tailor made a mockery of that title of his with his current state of nudity. He waltzed, free as could be; sometimes alone, sometimes with Jirai, others with any number of Myrken's finest. Age or gender didn't matter. He moved around with a fluidity that should have been at Rhaena's balls, and everywhere he went he left bloody footprints.
Suede

Postby Jirai » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:46 am

Dancing. If she had come into this dream expecting anything, it was certainly not this. For a few moments, the dancing was simply watched. Then the observer made an entrance. The skirted figure in the tailor's arms began to change, wavering and shifting. After a moment, the naked tailor held none other than Glenn Burnie in his arms.

"Flattered, I'm sure, Roschen." The governor said. "But this really isn't my sort of thing."
Jirai
Op

Postby Suede » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:19 am

"Ah, Glenn. If you didn't want to dance, you shouldn't have cut in." The tailor didn't seem to think it was particularly odd to suddenly have Glenn in his arms as they twirled about the field. His smile grew faintly larger, if anything else. "I will warn you, though. I am always big spoon." If the dream image didn't suddenly pull free the tailor would attempt to twirl the man away and pull him back in.

"Though I must confess, you are hardly my first choice of dance partner. What brings you to my ball?"
Suede

Postby Jirai » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:45 pm

"As full of disgusting imagery as your words are, I must admit I expected more from your dreams." This was rather innocuous, apart from the bloody footprints, that was. And the naked tailor. And the dancing with the naked tailor.

Alright, it was disturbing. But it could have been worse.

"You would prefer another partner?" The governor smiled, that same smile he had worn for so long, and as the once-councilor spun him, Glenn Burnie was no longer Glenn Burnie. Instead, the figure flashed through a series of other faces. Jirai-Kerrak-Dulcie-Berdini-Rhaena-Catch-Ariane. By the time the spin was finish, it was Glenn Burnie once more, standing two feet distant from the tailor with arms folded and that smile still on his face.

"You've been a naughty boy, Suede Roschen."
Jirai
Op

Postby Suede » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:18 pm

"Am I dreaming? Maybe, or this could just be how I spend my evenings. I'm sorry it lacks that brilliant flash you do so enjoy, governor." Or was it Qu'essan? Councillor? How much did it really matter? The spin was quite magnificent for all the changes in appearance. Catch was a bit of an odd inclusion, however. "Ah, why would I need another partner when you can simply be anybody I want you too?"

Suede reached a hand up as if to stroke Glenn's cheek, then dropped the fingers and strolled towards one of the trees. "I think you're quite dandy, I'll keep you." As for naughty, he chuckled and the music waxed loud for just a moment with the sound. "Of course I've been naughty, but so have you, my dear."
Suede

Postby Jirai » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:22 pm

Glenn smiled at the tailor. "Of course I have been, Roschen. But I, at least, am smart enough to not murder a small child in front of witnesses, unlike certain others I could mention." The governor sighed and shook his head.

"Really, Roschen, I'd thought you more clever than that. I cannot allow such deeds to go unpunished - surely you understand."
Jirai
Op

Postby Suede » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:29 pm

Suede looked back over his shoulder with a raised eyebrow and shook his head. "Now Glenn. Either your witnesses are merde or liars. Take your pick. I didn't murder anyone. I killed a monster that was devouring children."

He stopped before the tree, not really watching the governor. Who else would it be, and he knew the man had a talent for entering dreams unwelcome. "Was it the little fool Elliot or the old man who fed you those lies to make himself seem better? I had a choice, let the monster keep eating kids or kill it first. I poisoned it and as much as it pained me to do it I had work with what I had." He put a hand to his chest and dropped his head, as if really pained, even his hidden face had a mock show of despair for what he said.

"When you poison something it's best to go for the easiest route. It was hungrier than Treadwell and I had little time, so I used its food." Nevermind that food was someone's child. "Don't you always agree that we must sacrifice the few to save the many? I sacrificed."
Suede

Postby Jirai » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:10 am

"See, Roschen, that is exactly what I mean," The governor - and who else would it be? - said with a shake of his head. "You start off by telling me you didn't do it, then you go on to say that of course you did it, but it's alright because that was how you killed the monster. Let's say I believe you, for the sake of time."

The governor stood beside the poisoner, still with that smile on his face. "Let's say I believe you. You must be rewarded... and punished. It's only fair, Roschen."

Suede ought to recognize what came next. Glenn smoothly pulled a glowing orb from his very chest. A blinding light would overtake Suede and his dreamscape. A few seconds were all he needed to unleash that which had been prepared.

"Consider yourself punished. We will discuss the reward later."
Jirai
Op

Postby Suede » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:30 am

"It's a matter of perspective, Glenn. People claim I murdered a child? I see it as saving the rest. Drastic situations call for drastic measures. I saved how many lives by killing it while the old and young fools fled?" In fact he was reasonably certain the old man had tried to kill him.

That white globe appeared and he frowned. Oh, he recognized that. There wasn't precisely much he could do about it, but he gave the 'governor' a rather bland look before the light came. "We'll see where our perspectives vary." Then there was the light and dream bled away, dripping into nothing. The tailor brought up a hand to his face as if to ward away the flash.

When the tailor jerked up in his bed he was not smiling. He sat, staring at the sheets and holding his head. His eyes burned as if he'd really seen the light. Several moments passed before he stood and moved to the window of the room he was in, pulling aside the blinds onto a bright day. He practically snarled at what had happened in his dream, at the sky outside. The hell did Glenn think he was doing. "My god... it's sunny outside." His voice was hoarse tempered anger. It faded disturbingly fast and he set his hands on his hips, grinning like a madman. "This isn't going to be fun for anyone."
Suede

Return to Myrken Wood