Little Lissa

Re: Little Lissa

Postby Dulcie » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:26 am

She looked at Whelp's rune, a look of mixed emotions on her face. She wasn't sure what she wanted to think about it, or how she wanted to handle her next steps with this kindred spirit.

"That's not exactly what I meant. It's not just the spirits that come to me." She didn't want to say it, didn't want to remember any of it, though she shuddered visibly as it was impossible to repress the most recent of those memories.

"I'm not sure what I do is a good thing. It's not natural. It feels, " She paused and grimaced, hoping not to offend Whelp. "wrong. Like they could be resting without me."
Dulcie

Postby Guppy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:28 am

The young woman tilted her head, considered. "What else comes to you?," she asked. "I came. I was drawn as surely as they were," she admitted. "Elliot told me that there were people who rise up and walk again. That they burn their dead to avoid such things. Is that -- is that what you speak of?," she asked, her features clearly fascinated. Fred would find no judgement here.

"If you think it is wrong, can you stop it? What about someone with magic? Or medicine?," she asked, uncertain. "We will find a way," she assured, reaching out to attempt to lay a hand upon her arm in soothing manner. "Maybe It can help you."
Guppy

Postby Dulcie » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:55 am

She chewed her lip until it began to bleed. She wasn't sure she should admit it out loud, and she started to rub at the scars at her wrists anxiously, before she finally nodded.

"That's why I came back here. Because they burn the dead." She shuddered a little, closing her eyes to try to block out the images of the dead returned to life. "They aren't good when they come back. They're evil, they aren't themselves."

"I.. I already asked the Doctor. I told him I was asking for a friend, but I'm not sure he believed me. He thinks to do things like that you have to want to. You have to study and accept it. But I didn't. I never. I wouldn't." She looked at Whelp anxiously, half expecting the woman to start screaming for the Constables.
Dulcie

Postby Guppy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:17 am

The chewing of her lip and the rubbing of shackle-marks was noted by the young woman, sympathy in her eyes. There was a step forward, towards her, as if to comfort. She stopped just shy of reaching out.

Her eyes averted when Fred told her that the dead came back evil. She was thinking of her own demise, but Fred might see it as judgement. Especially since she wagered that Noura would be calling for the law in this land. "Do you think that everything that comes back is wrong?," she asked, tentatively, finally glancing up to meet the other's gaze. Her expression was guilty, hands twisted behind her back.

She insisted, her voice desperate, and Noura smiled at her. "I believe you," she assured. "There is a spirit. One that lives with me," she remarked, tapping at her temple. "Maybe... Maybe It can help you. I will ask her."
Guppy

Postby Dulcie » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:38 am

She considered what the other woman asked, really thinking about it before she shook her head. "No, I don't imagine they all are. The ghosts don't all seem to be bad. It's just the bodies... they do things, things that aren't right. They try to hurt people."

She looked at Noura tapping her head and nodded slightly. "I guess, I mean, if I'm not going to bother it." She was so horribly uncomfortable. It was in every motion she made, the way she held her body, as if every muscle was tense and anxious.
Dulcie

Postby Guppy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:02 am

The mild assurance was enough to relieve the young woman. Noura's features eased into a tentative smile. "Some of the ghosts are bad," she shared, thinking of her own dark demon. "But things are not black and white. There is a spectrum." It was protective, not just a monster. A friend. A confidant. She spoke of the bodies and the whelp remembered Elliot's tales. "Do they try to harm you, as well?" Curious.

Noura paused a moment, her gaze going distant. "It thinks that you are fascinating," she shared with the other. She reached out a hand towards Fred, her smile comforting, coaxing. "It wants to touch you." Noura offered her hand, palm turned upwards and fingers slightly curled. Relaxed.
Guppy

Postby Dulcie » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:12 am

"I suppose it makes sense that everything isn't all one way or the other. People aren't all good and bad right?"

She shook her head when Noura asked about getting hurt. "Never. They'll go right by me, trying to get to someone else. It's like I'm not even there."

"I'm not that fascinating. I'm just strange." She offered, and she looked at the extended hand before placing one of her own in it's grasp. "Good things don't always happen when I touch them." She warned before her skin finally made contact with the other woman's.

It would be impossible to know what It felt, but that pulse of energy was still there, ever present in her touch, strong enough to wake the dead back to life, though it was offered to the other one without any intention. There was no guidance in that dark energy, only raw power.
Dulcie

Postby Guppy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:14 am

The whelp smiled and shook her head, her expression disarming. Of course people weren't all good nor all bad. That would make things far too easy and life was nothing if not complicated. Myrken had its fair share of darkened and flaws heroes and villains with a kind streak. Noura considered the other woman as she spoke of her immunity, her expression intrigued. "Perhaps something primal speaks to them. They know not to turn against their source of power. Perhaps you could stop them without danger," she offered, thoughtfully.

A look of reproach was given at her correct of not being all that interesting, but it was still kind. Fred did not falter in her decision and Noura's lips curled in pleased manner. The trust was humbling and perhaps a little foolish.

Fred may be able to feel the raw, ancient darkness held within the waifish young woman in front of her. The woman's skin could barely contain the roiling, entropic entity within her slim frame. Gray, colorless eyes vanished, infested with black oil. The abyss stared at her through those dead, emotionless eyes and the pale face before her split with a vicious, violent grin. Fingers that were once gentle tightened like vices around Fred's, if she were not fast enough to pull away. "Now that is worth waking up for. Now, where did a little girl like you get that? Would you give it to me?" Was she jesting? Impossible to tell.
Guppy

Postby Dulcie » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:05 pm

She watched the change in the other woman, those eyes like the darkness that was inside of her frightened her and she tried to tug her hand away, but that vice like grip held her hand fast in the other woman's.

"I didn't get it anywhere." She said honestly, her voice shaking a bit. The strange creature speaking through Whelp's mouth was terrifying in it's own right, though she couldn't exactly explain why. "And I couldn't give it to you even if I wanted to. It doesn't go away."
Dulcie

Postby Guppy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:25 am

The sweet girl had vanished under a cover of darkness. Before her stood something ancient with malevolent intentions, grinning at her as if they shared some private joke. Something that had ahold of her hand in an unyielding grip.

Fred informed her, in trembling voice, that she could not give the powers to the creature and there was a soft chuff of laughter in response. "Of course. I was not serious. Do learn how to joke, dear." The issue was waved off as if the creature suddenly found their interaction tedious and the fingers unraveled from around Fred's wrist. Both hands moved to the creature's hips and she stood staring at the other. "When did you first notice the powers? Tell me more details about them," she requested, tone strictly business at this point.
Guppy

Postby Dulcie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:41 am

She wasn't laughing despite the fact that the creature told her that it was a joke. The presence of It was disturbing at best, and when she finally got her wrist back she was glad for it, taking it back as she rubbed at the scars from the manacles that had once torn at the flesh.

"Umm, I don't know. Maybe last year?" She tried to think about it, frowning a little. "First time I really remember it was around my birthday, but maybe it started before that and I just didn't notice. I can't see the ghosts all the time, they come and go. Mostly things happen when I touch dead things. People, animals, doesn't really seem to matter."
Dulcie

Postby Guppy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:45 am

Fred's lack of laughter did not appear to offend the malevolent being in front of her. Hands remained upon her hips and she gazed at the young woman. "And what are the scars from? Did your abilities happen about the same time as those or are they merely a consequence?" The creature had felt the puckered skin under her fingertips when she had grasped the other. Those dark eyes remained upon hers, never faltering. Should any of the apparitions wander closer, a sharp glare would likely make them slink away.
Guppy

Postby Dulcie » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:01 am

She shifted uncomfortably, rubbing at those faded scars almost without concious thought as she shook her head a little. "A consequence of the ability. They called me a necromancer. I don't even really know what that means. Catch rescued me or I'm fairly certain they would have killed me." Despite her abilities it seemed she had very little awareness that such a thing might have saved her life all on her own.
Dulcie

Postby Guppy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:11 pm

The demon watched her rub at those scars with a greedy expression etched upon her fair features. If Fred noticed, the expression would ease into something more polite as she considered her words. "Well, you are in the loosest sense. One who raises the dead. I suppose that I could be considered much the same." These people in her past, their opinions did not seem to trouble her.

Her features softened a little at mention of Catch, but she did not remark on the man. Her affection for him was not a factor here. She clucked her tongue in reproach. "You should have saved yourself. You should have torn them apart. They are nothing compared to you, dear. Nothing at all." It was fact, falling from her lips.
Guppy

Postby Dulcie » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:42 am

She shuddered the moment the creature commented about tearing people apart.

"No, I don't think that's right." She frowned and looked at It with a shake of her head. "I don't think I could do anything like that on purpose even if I wanted to." She paused and caught herself. "And I don't want to! I don't want to ever do anything like that ever again. I don't want to raise the dead, or see the dead, or talk to the dead or anything. I just want it all to go away."
Dulcie

PreviousNext

Return to Myrken Wood