Dear Myrkholes...

Dear Myrkholes...

Postby channe » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:25 am

Letters arrive at the residences of each Councilor:

Dear Mssrs. Goldenhair, a'Nerun, Romanova, and Treadwell, otherwise known as You Lot of God-damned Ass-holes:

I have just arr'ved back from negoshiasions in Thessilane yesterday Morning to find that Governor Burnie has been missing for a whole goddamned month and none of you have given one stinky Shit about it. None of you Wrote me in Thessilayn. None of you organized a Searching Party or even a single piece of Investigatorey Process. I had to get information about what the fuck is going on in this Province by talking to the Village Idiot. The fucking Village Idiot. And it is ABSOLUTELY CLEAR even to a Mad Raving Idiot that Glenn Burnie would never just walk the fuck out of the Meetinghouse and that there is pretty obviously foul play going on here!!!!!!!!!!!

So stay where you are and shove cheese into your face all day for all I care. You are just as much a threat to Myrken as those who would take it from us by Force. Unless you contact me within the next Two Days at my Address IN FUCKING PERSON I will consider that you are Abdicating Responsibilitee and leaving the Council. If you come crying to me about this when you wouldn't even lift a finger to help your Governor, I would have you know that I want to tell you BITE ME. None of you care about Myrken you just care about Power. You are NO BETTER THAN THEM. And you know what I mean.

I am still putting things together but I doant like what I see. You shouldn't either. And if this is what I have to do to get you to fulfill your Commitments to the Land that you Pledged yourself to, than that is what I have to do.

Sincerely,
Agnieszka Kaczmarek River
CHAIRWOMAN of the DEFENSE COMMITTEE.

Ariane and Berdini, however, get this letter:

I have just Arrived back into town from my time negoshiating in Thessilane and everything there was very Productive but I came back to find that Governor Burnie seems to be missing and nobody can find him. That is bothering me quite a bit so maybe you know something or can point me in the right direction. I definitely have Things to tell him about Thessilayn and so you can understand my Urgency.

I hope you are having a lovely day,

Sincerely,
Agnieszka Kaczmarek River
Defense Committee

And yet another letter delivered to Genny by a young boy, although it will not have any identifying marks on it, the hand is undoubtedly female:

Got yr letter!! Lets go Shopping some Tea and Pretty Happy Lovely Gorgeous Talk at yr earliest convenience at my Howse f you know what I mean. We haven't always seen eye to eye but now I am sure we're going to be the best of friends.
channe

Re: Dear Myrkholes...

Postby Dulcie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:22 am

A letter was sent in reply to Agnie's shortly after it had been received, penned with exquisite calligraphy and flourish.

My Dearest Defense Committee-woman Kaczmarek-River,

I regret to inform you that the details of Governor Burnie having gone "missing" is perhaps, a little uninformed. I have it upon the best authority of the acting Governess that Governor Burnie has had to attend secret matters in one of the other Provinces. I do wish that I could give you more information, but Mrs. Burnie has assured me that it is of the upmost security to Myrkenwood that Governor Burnie be allowed to complete this clandestine task.

Do be assured that the Governor is in no risk of danger beyond that which faces us on a daily basis in Myrken Wood. Mrs. Burnie is fully aware of where he has gone and when he might be returning, it simply is not in the best interest of his safety to share that information with the rest of the Council. I am afraid that I am also in the in the dark when it comes to this particular matter.

I commend you for your concern and urge you to rest. I am sure the Governor will have need of us all when he returns.

With Kindest Regards,

Councilor Stefan Berdini
Dulcie

Re: Dear Myrkholes...

Postby Carnath-Emory » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:15 am

Chairwoman River

You might consider some brisk words with your staff, for they have left you ill-informed. The Governor is absent Myrken upon business most urgent; in case
of dire need he might be readily contacted through the Lady Olwak. Not a single Councilor was left un-notified of this development: should you have failed
to receive the explanatory letter, you might trust, I think, that the oversight was not deliberate.

Perhaps we might lunch soon. There is darling little place upon Carrington and Dyer's, and I dare say you'll soon find yourself just as fond of it as I. How
delighted I would be to hear of your travels through Thessilane.

Marshall Emory
Myrken Defense Committee

P.S. I have included with this letter a small satchet of chamomile tea. Please enjoy, with the assurance that it is a balm upon ragged nerves.

Carnath-Emory

Return to Myrken Wood