Letters to all.

Re: Letters to all.

Postby Jirai » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:14 am

Dear Agnieszka,

I was quite happy to hear that you made it back to Myrken safely. Did you abandon poor Aleksei in Thessilane? I hope your trip was not too awful!

I would dearly love it if you could find the time to join me for lunch this week. I am sure you are quite busy but it seems as though we have some matters to discuss. Please let me know what day would be the best.

Sincerely,
Rhaena Burnie
Jirai
Op

Postby channe » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:51 am

My dearest Rhaena,

It is lovely to hear from you but I'm afraid I am just so busy what with all the stuff I got dumped with from your Husband's Secretary, plus other Government Business that I cant discuss with a Civilian as dear to my heart as she may be. Maybe we can reschedule for next month when things die down.

Sincerely,
Agnieszka
channe

Postby Jirai » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:03 am

Dear Agnieszka,

I was planning on using our time together to explain the organizational system here so that you would not have to waste more of your valuable time sorting through to find what you need. I am terribly sorry that we won't be able to go over such things together.

Sincerely,
Rhaena Burnie

Along with the letter were boxes and boxes and boxes of paperwork, none of it (at first, second, or third glance) looking particularly useful to the vice-governor at the moment, though it was certainly official enough.
Jirai
Op

Postby channe » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:07 am

My dearest Rhaena,

Wow! Look at all the paperwork! You know I'm pryortising and delagating and stuff, it's new but I have the hang of it now. Thank God there are only a few tiny things I really need to deal with before Glenn gets back from his trip to... wherever it was you said he was going? I know he's going to be back at ANY MINUTE NOW, right? Yeah, only a few things, I'm sure you're too busy with your foundation to worry about any of them though.

Sincerely,
Agnieszka
channe

Postby Glenn » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:20 am

The Vice Governor would receive a letter on colored paper. The writing would be expressive with giant loops and contrasting her smile from a previous letter, would have adorable little hearts instead of dots over the i's.

Vice-Governor Aggie River,

I miss our letters! It's so wonderful to get letters, don't you think? I was very lonely hiding like I was! Now I'm not though! Thank you! You're PERFECT for solving all of these silly farm things since you're just like the Princess of the Farm Girls! I have twenty something of them that are NEW! Some of them involve Cows and Pigs and Lambs and Goats and Horses and Pigs and Oxes and one involves a Dog whose name is Daisy! I think you will like that one best! Please write back soon!

Your friend letter friend
Connie Cross
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby channe » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:10 am

And then there is anger.

It seethes; it grabs her throat, and she shakes, her hands holding Constance's letter --

-- and she grabs for her pen.

- - -

Miss Cross,

I'm real sorry. That's all I can say, and I know it's not enough. Maybe things would have been different if we'd gotten together to talk.

And yes. I'm perfect for solving a lot of things. And that's a funny nickname you have for me! Who told you about it?

Your letter friend,
Agnieszka, Vice-Governor of Myrken Wood

- - -

And then:

My dearest Rhaena,

Actually, I was able to juggle things around so that we can go have lunch tomorrow. Let's go to that bar in the Hollows that you like, the one with all the northern food and that bard you thought was super cute. See you there!

Sincerely,
Agnieszka River, Vice-Governor of Myrken Wood
channe

Postby Jirai » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:49 pm

Dear Agnieszka,

I am so glad you could find the time in your busy schedule. I hear they will have blueberry pies tomorrow - your favorite. I shall see you there.

Sincerely,
Rhaena Burnie
Jirai
Op

Previous

Return to Myrken Wood