Letters to all.

Letters to all.

Postby channe » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:40 am

((OOC Note: I will likely be adding to this as time goes by as I don't have the time to write all the letters I want right now.))

My dearest Miss Olwak,

The letters and papers and copies of all Glenn's instructions that he sent you and those all need to be sent to me by tomorrow as I am now Vice-Governor and they are no longer Legally your Thing. As we all know Glenn pretty much wrote everything down so you should have no trouble coming up with Proof of all that you have Said about him. And saying that Glenn is in your head telling you things is not Proof okay?

Yours,
Mrs. Agnieszka River
Vice-Governor, Myrken Wood

- - -

For Giuseppe:

I will see you at your earliest convenience at the Meeting House. And by earliest convenience I mean Now. Thank you very much.

Your new employer,
Mrs. Agnieszka River
Vice-Governor, Myrken Wood

- - -

Genny,

As you may have thought things are moving Very Fast. Stay in contact and let me know what you have found. I must share things with you about That Place.

Agnie
(Im at the Meeting House now)

- - -

Dearest Aleksei,

So everything's gone to shit. Rhaena has turned evil; she has scooped out the minds and brains of people we know -- my sister included and is slowly taking over the town. To fight her on the level of power I got myself elected Vice-Governor (I KNOW IT'S INSANE) and now I am trying to figure out what is going wrong with the magic and fix everyone but of course you know I suck at magic and I wish you were here but I know you have to fight the demon in your head. If Rhaena gets me know that I love you very much and that you'd better be getting that demon thing out of your head as two people with things in their heads living in our silly house is silly and I am going to stop writing because I might start crying

Yours,
Agnie

- - -

Cinnabar,

ADVICE PLEASE

Thanks,
Agnieszka River
Vice-Governor of Myrken Wood

(With the last, the title is starred and there are arrows pointing to it.)
channe

Paperwork

Postby Glenn » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:07 am

Such neat handwriting. Not beautiful. Rhaena Olwak had beautiful handwriting. This was neat. Small but neat.

Acting Vice-Governor River,

Please note that at the time of this writing, Governor Burnie's absence has reached two months and ten days. I accompanied him to Razasan. I have not accompanied him on his further journey. We were returned for just one one night and during that brief respite the Governor dealt with no matters of state. If I may be open and honest with you, he was not a man of delegation except for in the most superficial ways. The apparatus of state creaks under the pressure. Your appointment was unexpected and, if I may be open and honest again, is of very dubious legality. If the position you hold was not, in itself, as artificially created as your previous position, your placement would not stand the test of Myrken's laws. I have every reason to believe that despite that it will not for long.

The point is this. There are documents to be signed, decisions to be made, and adjudications that must happen. I would prefer these things to happen while we still have someone in your position. Thankfully your pastoral background provides you unique insight into the large brunt of what must be done. Councilor Goldenhair is quite impressive when it comes to sweeping agricultural reform. On the matter of minor land disputes, the sheer number of which I imagine only a hereditary dirt-farmer might be able to fully anticipate, he is of little use. The responsibility falls upon the Governor, or in this case, the Vice-Governor.

I am attaching a docent with the first seventy-three cases to be reviewed and decided upon. Once again, I am more than relieved that I do not have to reiterate to you of all people that the cases within, while tedious, are about no less than people's lives and livelihoods.

Graciously yours,
Miss Constance Cross
Personal Secretary to Governor Burnie
Glenn
Co-Founder

Re: Letters to all.

Postby Treadwell » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:39 am

A short, unbidden letter is slid beneath the door to the Vice-Governor's new office earlier this morning. The sloppy, thick, heavy handwriting with flecks and crumbs scattered in the ink should make its origin obvious well before the signature.

= = = = =

I am here to help. I've done all this before, here and at home. Merely ask and come visit, whether I am at the meetinghouse or at my toy shop or at the church.

Aloisius

= = = = =
"Looks like a table to me. Do you think it could hold up someone as bulbous as Treadwell?" -- Dr. Brennan, Myrken Wood Rememdium Edificium
Treadwell

Postby channe » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:56 am

Dear Miss Cross,

If Governor Burnie is still working for the good of the country, why the feck hasn't he dealt with this stuff hisself? And you'd best tell me immediately just WHERE HE IS and WHAT HE IS DOING, unless you cant say. If you cant tell me, the Vice-Governor, where he is and what he is doing and how I can reach him directly without your no doubt pretty little hands getting involved, or your mistress's pretty little hands, then I think you are a) a pretty crappy secretary and b) probably a traitor, see I am in second in command to Governor Burnie now and no matter what you think of my (LEGALLY VOTED) election you MUST tell me these things. Because technically you work for me now.

And I am sure I will PRIORITIZE my work, what with growing up a dirt farmer and all you have to harvest when the harvesting is good and plant when the planting is supposed to happen or else you starve. Right now certain things are needed to be harvested. And if you think I'm going to be leaving so quick I'd better get a move on right? Thanks for the fire under my butt. I really appreshiate it, you are a total stand up wonderful gal Miss Cross. :)

Sincerely,
Mrs. Agnieszka River
channe

Postby channe » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:58 am

Aloisius,

We need to get a full list of all of the Meetinghouse staff of who is mine and who is Rhaena's. I am sure if you talk to them, kind of all jolly fun like, you can find out where their loyalties lie.

Your backing means a lot to me Aloisius.

Agnie.
channe

Postby Treadwell » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:09 am

The reply is easily committed to memory and is subsequently burned. Aloisius is at work in the meetinghouse this afternoon, it seems, as his heavy wheezing and heavier plumping along attest. His reply is equally sloppy as the first note, but it is delivered easily enough whether or not Agnie is in her new office--a simple matter of dropping the note and nudging it under the door with the tip of the cane.

= = = =

That's simply done. A bit of time, a bit of walking or rolling about--possibly the latter, as I found my old chair tucked away while my butler and maid were cleaning a spare bedchamber this morning. Now, to the point: rumors abound. Is there aught you need or care to ask about me to help put you at ease in your new position?

Be not hasty. There's a reason I grew the size I did by pursuing a political career. Making too much fuss in too short a time will only be a problem. A leader must know when to smell of honey and sweetness and when to, quite honestly, spew piss and vinegar.

A. H. T.

= = = = =
"Looks like a table to me. Do you think it could hold up someone as bulbous as Treadwell?" -- Dr. Brennan, Myrken Wood Rememdium Edificium
Treadwell

Postby Glenn » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:11 am

Acting Vice-Governor,

The combination of two dots and a curved line within a sloppy crafted circle does not constitute not a proper piece of punctuation. I would be quite pleased to proofread your letters henceforth for the sake of your position's dignity.

As I said in my previous missive, I was not taken nor, let me add in this missive, informed, by the Governor. I feel it would be not be entirely premature to suspect some sort of foul play at this juncture.

Moreover, I do not feel that you necessarily have the time to prioritize, as you have so aptly put it. You may however have the time to delegate. In fact, your letter has only further convinced me that as much delegation as possible would be your most prudent plan of action.

Reluctantly yours,
Miss Constance Cross
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby channe » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:17 am

Miss Cross,

I am not a politishin in the sense of the word that you are Used To. I am here because I have Pashin for this town and because I am Loyal to Governor Burnie and Im sure you can appreshiate that no matter how ruffly your pettycoat is if you get my drift. My spelling sucks but I will do the job just fine. My words are mine alone. And yes of course I am going to get Shit Done Around Here.

I will delegate to those people I can trust. Can I trust you?

Mrs. River
channe

Postby Glenn » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:24 am

Vice Governor,

The Governor did. For what he is paying me, he should. Also, as I am the only one currently active and, shall we say, of his or her right mind, who knows the procedures involved in rescinding Initiative D, you likely have little choice in the matter.

Regretfully yours,
Miss Constance Cross
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby channe » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:33 am

Miss Cross,

You are kind of a bitch.

How do I know that you're not hers? Prove you arent and we'll talk again. Otherwise, I don't like threats.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Agnieszka River
channe

Postby Glenn » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:47 am

Vice-Governor,

I am sure that you realize that any person to whom you make that request can say whatever he or she needs to in order to make you believe them, whether it's true or not. Obviously, extending that request to me was merely a psychological test of my behavior. You shall analyze my response accordingly and thus decide whether or not you can trust me.

Moreover, the Governor's horse, Aggie, is still stabled, and would probably be a useful candidate when it comes to delegating. While not quite as loyal to the Governor as you are, she can spell the word Passion through the careful stomping of her hooves in a unique and complex pattern. You may be more accomplished at eating hay.

Painstakingly yours,
Miss Constance Cross
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby channe » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:00 am

Miss Cross,

I already knew you were with her and not us. Number one: I wrote Rhaena, not you, and you can't see your nose past your face about Glenn being gone to stop opening her mail and responding to it. Number two: You are way too obsesed with my speling and how PRITTY it is. Really I think you might be sick in the head you should see someone about that!

Seriously, how stupid are you going to feel if you find out hes dead in a ditch somewhere and you were just fecking around? Because really, if I were gonna go somewhere I'd tell my freakin secretary. Just saying.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Agnieszka River
The real honest to God Vice Governor of Myrken Wood whether you like it or not
channe

Postby Cinnabar » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:08 am

Vice-Governor Agnieszka River

I am so terribly sorry.

1. Only those insecure in their authority feel a need to wield it loudly.
  2. Be temperate and mindful in all things; consider the consequences of every act.
  3. Find a competent and trustworthy secretary as quickly as possible.
  4. Do not commit to writing anything that you would not wish to hear read aloud at your trial.
Good luck.

CC
Cinnabar

Postby Glenn » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:10 am

Vice Governor,

As you brought in my character, I am obliged to respond when I might otherwise not. Still, let me first applaud you on your ability to count to two. In reverse order: concerning proper punctuation and grammar, I have found it to be a useful skill to possess when you want people to take you seriously and not see you as a rampaging toddler. I wrote you on my own initiative upon the official pronouncement of your position primarily because I would like to see the paperwork attached taken care of. To use small words: I was, in short, doing my job.

As to your other point, I suggested foul play. The governor is not in a ditch, however. That is hardly dramatic enough for him. It would have to be a considerably large ditch to satisfy the needs of his ego, or as the case may be, his corpse's ego.

A thought occurs. It is a shame there's no one responsible to tell it to.

Increasingly less yours with each missive,
Miss Constance Cross

Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby catch » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:08 am

This is no letter that is delivered to the familiar door of a meeting-house. It is a vain hope that someone there, a secretary or a member of the Inquisitory, would puzzle out the letterless form, and divine who it's true recipient was.

It is a box. Atop that box is a pile of worms, still writhing fitfully, though those who had the misfortune to be place on top had long since been crisped by the sun, a fate soon to be shared with it's fellows.

If the box were to find the right hands - or even if it did not - inside would be found one of the Dagger's cakes, sodden and lopsided, with a heavy, unmistakeable scent of Cinnamon and Rum wafting from the ruin.

A hopeful, thankful thing.
catch

Next

Return to Myrken Wood