Inspecting the Foundations

Inspecting the Foundations

Postby Carnath-Emory » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:10 am

Like the missive delivered to Inquisitor Tolleson that morning, this page is the casualty of an infrequent correspondent, and one who has had no time at all yet for the Meetinghouse and the secretary she'd installed there months ago. Smudged with equal helpings of dust and spilled ink, its arrival is an unsightly blight on the man's crowded desktop.

To: Acting Governor Treadwell

Good morning with my hope that the day finds you well.

Myrken most requires in this hour a strong, confident hand and all the order which it can provide. To that end I not doubt your capasity but inquir as to the condition of the Constabulary, we will do better once they are able to act for Myrken's sake in the Militia's stead. It is esential that you understand that the Militia is not designd equipped or trained or suited at all to police its own population although for a short time it has required to do exactly that. These men must be back amungst their families their homesteds their employ, some haf already left to this end and it is as well. The responsibilitiy which they haf seized and been given must be handed to a reliabel and functoning Constabulary. Please advise.

As to the Inquiistory in Geesu Jhseep the absens of the High Inquiisitor you would do well to apoint a sucessor. I will myself vouch for Inquiisitor Tulson, a woman yes and inexperienced, but an inquiisitor of sound and inquiisitif character and, as the Governor would say, pro active.

Furthermore I advise your upmost caution in the matter of Councilor Berdini. I imagine his loyalties are few and he will give his allegiance, for what it is worth, to whatever power presently holds sway. Today that is you. Do not mistake his wilingness for evidens that the man warrants your trust.

My thanks for your assistance, it has been and remains invaluable.

Marshall Emory
Myrken Defense Committee

Carnath-Emory

Re: Inspecting the Foundations

Postby Treadwell » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:58 pm

A reply, better spelled but in Treadwell's horridly sloppy hand.

= = = = =

Marshal,

It appears, what with the notices newly about town, that the Constabulary is already functioning somewhat. They're trying to find those who were apparently beating citizens and the like under the name of the Civil Constables. Please say that you know something about who ordered these notices, as, for some reason, I do not yet. Knowing something would certainly be appreciated.

Your other concerns are quite certainly taken unto consideration. I, for one, agree to them both at the moment.

Aloisius Treadwell, Acting Governor

= = = = =
"Looks like a table to me. Do you think it could hold up someone as bulbous as Treadwell?" -- Dr. Brennan, Myrken Wood Rememdium Edificium
Treadwell

Postby Carnath-Emory » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:03 am

To: Acting Governor Treadwell

The Constabulary's present representatif has sourt my approval prior to the posting of these notices and will continue to do so. If you would haf these submitted to your approval in the future this might be arranged, you understand that in these hours my intent has been swift and decisive action, and in consequens protocol has bent before need. Second to the re establishing of a stable governing authority, my priority is well-managed streets in particular the prevention of vigilante behavur. To that end the Constabulary seeks to acomodate the airing of greevances and the application of justice as warranted.

Put in simpler terms, a boy hung by his wrists by madmen and cruely flogged must see his asailants brought swiftly to justice, or else he will murder them himself and call it fairly done.

Marshall Emory
Myrken Defense Committee

Carnath-Emory

Postby Treadwell » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:22 am

Marshal Emory,

There's no need for my approval in everything; a proper official knows about delegation of responsibilities. Merely keep me informed in a reasonable fashion as to when and where and whom and what.

I humbly thank you for your attention to your duties.

A. H. T.
"Looks like a table to me. Do you think it could hold up someone as bulbous as Treadwell?" -- Dr. Brennan, Myrken Wood Rememdium Edificium
Treadwell

Return to Myrken Wood