Neo Noire

Neo Noire

Postby Suede » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:25 am

Seasons had been kicked out with little pomp or ceremony, and he'd found it to be a little bit on the rude side. It didn't matter if Simona had been right about that whole sleep nonsense, or that he had things to get ready. He also didn't care that he didn't feel half-dead this morning as he sat inside the carriage he'd rented.

He'd hired a driver, as well, because he certainly didn't trust himself not to wreck the blasted thing as those damn horses refused to do what he told them. And since Simona wasn't there to put on airs yet he was going to enjoy actually sitting in the monstrosity. It was a comfortable ride, he had to admit that.

They were pulling up to the front of the teahouse, and Seasons checked himself in a mirror he'd found in a box under one of the seats. He was suppose to make himself presentable, he thought he'd done a good job. He'd found a razor and cleaned off his face, combed back and neatened his hair, and even polished the stupid little buttons on the stupid uniform she'd given him. Stupid thing, even if it DID fit him well. That still bothered him that she happened to have one that fit him so.

When the cart came to a stop he'd climb out of the side closer to the teahouse with his a few quick steps and closed the door before marching smartly up towards the teahouse. He'd move with better posture and far smarter steps than he normally would. He may or may not have had practice pretending to be a servant before.
Suede

Re: Neo Noire

Postby Dulcie » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:52 pm

Before he even had a chance to open the teahouse door Simona came sweeping out. She had been watching, and waiting apparently.

Her transformation was magnificent, her dress while conservative was also stunning. She looked the part of a wealthy heiress, the modest neckline of her dress trimmed with lace that matched the sleeves of her gown. The pale green shade of the dress with yellow embroidery was perfect for a garden party. She had even gone to the effort of braiding her hair, her long locks pinned up in an intricate pattern that kept them all swept off her face. In her hands she carried a parasol as she made her way down the steps, her eyes set on Seasons as she offered out here hand to be helped down the stairs.

"I do believe you wear that uniform well... Mr... hmm, I can't seem to recall your name. Best you tell it to me before we arrive at the party." Clearly she was in character already, and the little smile on her lips indicated that she was going to have more than a little bit of fun with this role.
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:20 pm

"You might want to remember that I'm suppose to open the doors for you, Madam." He took her hand in one of his, the other set lazily behind his back as he hid any thoughts on her dress behind a rather banal expression. He wasn't entirely convinced she that she pulled that dress from her own closet. No matter what she said, he could see her running off to get it just to prove him wrong today.

As she reached the bottom of the stairs he let out a long suffering sigh and adjusted the position of her parasol. "Of course I do, Madam. You tend to get rather irate when I leave a wrinkle in the sleeve." A glance out of the corner of his eye before he began marching back down the path to get the door of the carriage. "Mr. Tettlepont, Madam. The same as it was yesterday when I told it to you." He trailed the sentence off as if this were a normal discussion of which he'd grown weary.
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:15 pm

Maybe the dress hadn't come from her own closet, but it certainly fit her as if it had. Perhaps she was just good at acquiring things in a hurry. She gave him a little knowing grin before sinking completely back into character.

"Of course, Mr. Tettlepot. You must forgive me, I can't possibly keep track of the names of everyone, especially new staff. It's so dreadfully hard for me to keep everything straight. Managing Misty Manor is such a chore sometimes." She sighed as if she had the most difficult role in the world before taking his hand for assistance stepping down.

"You're quite right, I do hate a wrinkled sleeve, and a dusty carriage. You've managed to avoid both. I suppose you've gained another day of employment." Without another look in his direction she stepped into the carriage and settled herself on the seat.
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:03 pm

"TettlePONT, Miss." Said drily, and he did an admirable job of keeping the smirk off his face. He let out a long, suffering sigh and muttered something under his breath about having worked for her for the last four years, but it didn't seem intentionally meant for her to hear. With any luck it was all covered by her own lamentations on the terrible chore of remember who worked for her.

"I am quite thrilled to hear it, Miss. I look for to work for you for yet... another... day." His arm stayed with her till she was in the carriage, then he'd glance around with as much subtle as he couldn't muster and scale into the carriage after her. In case she needed anything, of course. A tap on the front of wall as he closed the door signaled for the driver to get on with his duty.

Seasons sat there a moment, looking the best servant he could before dropping the curtain down and crossing his arms. "Well... I stand corrected. That looks good on you."
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:41 pm

"Oh yes, Tettlepont, of course." She said with a tone that made it seem as if she'd likely just make the same mistake in five minutes anyhow. It was such a bother to remember names.

She took her time getting settled, sitting with perfect posture and straightening out her skirts here and there as she arranged herself and waited for her "servant" to close the curtains.

Alone at last.

"I told you I could pull it off." Her face broke out in a playful grin. "Aren't I good actress? How could you ever doubt me?" She paused to take a long moment then, letting her gaze trail over each seam and button of the outfit she had lent him.

"Perfect fit, I have a good eye. What would you have done without me?" A quick change of topic then. "So what's our next move? Remind me about what you'll need me to do. I have lines to practice."
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:57 am

They had some privacy now and his posture deteriorated, his face showing more expression than the stoic and annoyed appearance he'd had on it moments before as he listened to her. "If you pulled it off, there would be quite the scandal going around for the new noble lady in town."

He grinned after a moment tilted his head in acknowledgement to her little performance. "Through my own stupidity, apparently. I suppose you have to act sometimes with work. I'd believe you were some stuck-up high class if I didn't know you." A shift here and there under her scrutiny of his dress, and he managed a faint scowl over her comment about the clothes.

"Done things the hard way?" He waved vaguely in her direction. "Just be the center of attention, make a minor scene. Not a scandal, just keep people focused, maybe servants as well if you can manage it. I need to be able to follow you to get in, and then just to have fewer eyes that might look and wonder why I'm wandering around places."
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:21 am

"I'd hate to see what version of the hard way you would have planned. I'm sure it would have been a mess." She grinned and toyed with her hair a little at his compliments. "I fool people all the time. You're the only person who knows I came from a little fishing village after all. A different path in life I could have been crating fish in barrels." She scrunched up her nose to show her distaste for the idea.

"I'm definitely capable of making a scene. I imagine I can keep all eyes on me for a little while." There was a glimmer in her eyes that seemed to indicate that she clearly had something planned. "This is the most fun I've had in ages, I can't wait to get there!" Really, she needed to get out more often if this was her idea of a good time.
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:27 pm

"Well, I thought about leading a bunch of stray animals into the party. A herd of cows maybe." She basked in his earlier praise and he shot her a broad grin. "But I figure you'll outdo the cows." Which went along rather well with her expression and the fishing barrels. Cows ate fish, right? They did in his head now.

He pulled an exaggerated expression of thoughtfulness and eyed her. "Unless you're fooling me right now about the fishing village. In which case, well played." The glimmer in her eyes was a little concerning and he attempted to be nonplussed by what could be running through her devious little mind. "No burlesque shows. We might need to use her again."
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:02 pm

She rolled her eyes at the mention of the cows. "It's a good thing I like you." She commented, reaching into a pocket to draw out a small mirror, using it to primp a little as the carriage go closer to their destination. She paused mid-primp as he mentioned a burlesque show.

"Is that really all that you think I'm capable of? If I was planning on taking off clothing you'd never get your task managed. You'd be too distracted yourself. No, I have something else up my sleeve. Unless of course you have a problem with elbows showing. You don't have some sort of strange moral issue with that do you?"
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:30 pm

"Of course you like me. It's my sour temper and roguish charm. Women can't resist it." After all, it's how he got free food every other day. Even the barkeep at the Dagger fell for it on occasion. he watched her primp and crossed his arms so he wouldn't be attempting to adjust his cuffs. A small scowl on his face at the thought of seeming that concerned about his looks.

"They sing at the Burlesque as well. It's high class and fancy stuff. And I appreciate that, I don't need to have my eyes stuck to you any more than they already do. I want to make a stupid joke about my opinion about elbows, but it would be false statement. So I can't." He gave her a glare because she knew exactly why he couldn't manage to get the little lie past his lips. The scowl got a bit bigger and he reached out to close her mirror. "Just be careful, yeah? Don't be too suspicious, either."
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:55 am

"You're definitely a rogue." She teased as he went on to defend the entertainment. "And I really didn't know that would happen to you, though to be honest, truthfulness suits you."

She turned about then and indicated to the strings at the back of her bodice. "Tighten them up a bit for me will you? I've got to make this believable."

she swept her hair over her shoulder while she waited on him. "I have no intentions of doing anything suspicious or salacious. I happen to know just how a lady could attract the right amount of attention in a place like this."
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:16 pm

"If I'm a rogue, aren't you worried about me fleecing you when your back is turned this way?" As long as he didn't say anything about it she wouldn't exactly know he was palming anything. And he was mighty tempted to do it as she claims innocence and turns her back on him as if he was her personal maid.

"Why do you think I know how to tie or tighten one of these things? It's not exactly a part of my attire." She should have had one of the girls do it instead of waiting to have it tightened now. "And how exactly is it a lady is going to attract attention today?" He slid forward on his seat so he could reach over and start pulling on strings as if he knew how womanfolk clothing worked. "Just so I can brace myself."
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:09 am

"Fleecing me? Really seasons? That would involve you having to reach your hands up close against me to steal my purse & I doubt you could do that without blushing." She grinned to herself, quite pleased.

He whined about his task and she sighed. "You can tie shoes can't you? It's not much different". The bodice was snug now and if the dress didn't have such a modest neckline it might have broken the rules about not acting too lusty. As it was, it was a miracle she could breathe.

"Oh you'll see. Just don't worry about me, I promise it's all part of the show. Shall we?... Mr. Tettlepont." She grinned & motioned to the door.
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:20 pm

"I've already taken anything I want out of your purse, you just weren't paying attention." Utter lies of a sort, he didn't WANT anything out of her purse, and so it was true. Maybe it'd make her confused for just a few minutes. Give him a bit of an edge before he lost any semblance of control over the woman.

"My shoes aren't tied tight enough to cause my toes to fall off. I might need to get them off in a hurry... my shoes, not my toes." He did as she asked and tightened the dress as much as he felt was sensible, getting a few ideas of what she was planning before sighing and delving back into his role. "Of course Miss..."

He slid to the door the door and opened it just as the carriage came to a halt, stepping down the stairs with quick motions and turning back about so he could offer Simona his hand in getting down from her ride. "Do watch your step, Miss."
Suede

Next

Return to Myrken Wood