Neo Noire

Re: Neo Noire

Postby Dulcie » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:08 am

She gave him a puzzled look at the comment about her purse. It was a subtle truth after all and she hadn't quite caught how he managed it.

"What did you.." But the carriage had stopped and it was time for them to assume their roles again. She shifted a bit in her now too tight dress. She wouldn't need to be uncomfortable for long after all. She just needed to remember to check her purse when she had a free chance..

She took a deep breath, or at least as deep as she could as the carriage door opened.

"Why thank you Mr. Tettlepot. I mean Tettlepont. Really, that name of yours, you should have it changed." She didn't look at him. If she did she knew that she'd laugh. She placed her hand gently in his and stepped from the carriage into the sunlight that warmed the pleasant little garden party that was already under way.

"I do love a good party. Now then, I believe I should gain myself an introduction. Don't dawdle Tettlepont." She made her way towards where the other guests had gathered then, moving with all the grace an airs of a high born woman. Someone with stature, or more importantly, someone with money.
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:22 am

Saved by the stop, he wouldn't have to actually tell her what he may or may not have taken while tying off her clothing. And he did an admirable job of not staring as she took that breath, standing there waiting for her to descend the steps of their ride.

There was a banal smile on her face as he listened to her speak, supporting her balance unnecessarily because that was what he was supposed to do. "Of course miss, but the paper work might take some time to get sorted through. You shall just have to martyr yourself on the inconvenience of that 'n' for my sake. And I do appreciate it."

Seasons released her hand and followed with a clipped stride, steps purposefully shortened so he never quite caught up with the lady he was clearly to be serving. At some point he'd obtained a small satchel he was carrying at his side. No doubt full of whatever needs she might have to maintain herself with how delicate she was.

She led them towards the largest gathering, where Lord Paltrow would likely be. He'd given her a description earlier of the man. Middle aged, slightly heavy-set around the waist, and with a pinched face that held a pair of sharp, arrogant eyes. He'd be hard to miss, dressed more ostentatiously than even the dear lady Simona was playing at being. He was near a softly playing group of musicians, drink in one hand as he partook of banter with several of the guests. They were still too far off to make out the details of the conversation, but it seemed to revolve around plans for fall vacations before winter came in.
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:53 am

"Oh paperwork, how dull." She said with her nose in turned in the air as she continued on the path to where the other party guests had gathered, paying her "hired help" little mind as she went. She saw the mark and took a few moments to pinch her cheeks and check her hair before she drifted into the little group, moving just as easily as a wave in the ocean. It was as if she knew exactly how to blend in at this sort of event.

She lingered on the sidelines for a moment or two before finally catching the eyes of the host. She smiled at him as he looked at her puzzled, trying to recall why they hadn't met before. She had him then, the Lord's eyes fully upon her as he made his way over.

"I don't believe we've met." He queried, reaching out to take her hand, perhaps a little too quickly as she had barely lifted hers in exchange.

"Haven't we? Your face looks so familiar. I'm Sylvia Eddison of the Shadowmoon Eddisons." She said, speaking with an air that made her lie seem absolutely and unquestionably true. "I just purchased my estate here, I believe you sent me an invitation in welcome." And with a careful hand she produced an invitation out to him which was gazed upon and scrutinized before the two sunk into the usual dull bits of small talk.
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:06 pm

Well, far be it for him to waste the chance if she was already going to start whatever ruckus she had up her sleeves. Seasons dearly wanted to watch the performance, but he had actually dragged her here for a reason, so he made like any good butler and wandered towards the side entrance of the opulent house nearby. Just a servant going about his business and seeing the peculiarities of his mistress attended to before she eventually demanded them.

He did glance over his shoulder just to see what she was on about, and was almost disappointed that she was just chatting with puffed up little man. At least he'd seemed a little flustered by her invitation and announcement, stumbling over the perception of his sleight against her. It was a start, but not her dancing on top of an elephant as he expected. Seasons disappeared into the house as the small talk continued.

"I dare say, Lady Sylvia, while it is a pleasure to have you at my festivities... I have to wonder what brings one of the prestigious Eddisons so far from your native lands. Business, perhaps?" Lord Paltrow was clearly playing at stage subtlety, merely working the game all the nobles knew to play for appearances sake as he grinned towards her and the few others gathered in their circle.
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:43 pm

She had to try so hard not to track Seasons with her gaze, but if there was one thing she was good at it was making a man believe that he had her sole attention. She smiled at the Lord with her perfectly good noble impression, casually beginning to fan her face a little.

"I suppose one might call it business. I actually heard there might be an estate of value in the area that would be worth my while to purchase. I'd like to diversify my interests as it were." She started to fan her face a little harder, even turning a bit red in the process.

"Oh my is it getting hot?" She was beginning to look distressed, her other hand pressed to that too tight bodice. "I think I might swoon.." She warned, and then suddenly her eyes rolled back in her head and the Lady Sylvia Eddison crumpled to the ground followed by quite the crowd of people huddling around her to make sure that she was alright.
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:03 pm

He could understand her difficulty in not watching him go. It was that sheer masculine intensity he knew he exuded, women couldn't resist it. Truly, she was a lady of impeccable character to hide the truth so well. Truly, she'd punch him in the face if he made these sorts of stupid comments out loud.

The nobles gathered around her moments later, Lord Paltrow all indignity and affront that someone could have let her feint, that someone had done something to incorrectly prepare the festivities so that one of his guests would be left to faint. He could certainly dote on the poor lass once she was awake, for now he had to find someone to blame.

Seasons couldn't tell what was going on, precisely, just that there was a crowd gathering and everyone seemed rather focused on the huddle of peacocks. He was tempted to go back and watch the confused display, but though better of it and hoped Simona wasn't engaging in anything too over-the-top or they'd be wasting any chance of reusing Sylvia another time. The detective was taking advantage of servant curiosity to slide out into the manor proper and make for Paltrow's office and safe.

He thought he might have a couple minutes to slip in and back out before someone started to wonder where he was, but he had the sense to have dug up the layout of the man's house by talking to his employees previously. He'd go in, steal everything, and would sort it all out later.
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:05 am

The nobles all a flutter around her. There was blame being laid to waste on the lower class servants about the arrangement, the food, anything that could have caused the poor lady to have passed out there in the middle of the garden party. Briefly Simona's eyes fluttered open and her delicate fingers clawed lightly at her bodice. An intelligent serving girl recognized the signs and immediately rushed over, loosening the strings of Simona's all too tight bodice, giving her soft curves just enough room to flounce about without necessarily exposing anything that a lady shouldn't expose. All said and done it was rather well orchestrated.

Simona breathed a slight little shuttering breath as her eyes opened slowly.

"Oh.. Lord Paltrow, I'm so terribly embarassed." She moaned softly as she began to look around herself as if she was just now realizing where she was and what had become of her. "Might I have a hand up?" She asked in a voice barely above a whisper.
Dulcie

Postby Suede » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:19 pm

"A hand? Yes, why yes! A hand indeed!" And he immediately begins waving for one of his servants to help her up as any good and chivalrous man would do. He wouldn't lift her himself, that just wouldn't be appropriate for a man of his station. Several men in Paltrow's colors quickly arrive and begin assisting her to stand her orchestrations work wonders. Paltrow's eyes linger as they shouldn't and his guests titter about remarking on such a event happening at their party as their host begins assurances and suggestions that they all move to the shade.

Seasons abuses the moments and mild chaos within the house. He returns to the outside just as Simona is sitting up, and he moves with a hasty walk that never quite breaks his propriety, a dainty glass of water in one hand. "Madam, I brought you a refreshment... ah, it seems you have fainted." One of Seasons' eyebrows is up high as he considers the situation, but his expression never quite changes from banal. "Are you well?"
Suede

Postby Dulcie » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:09 pm

Inwardly she cursed herself. She must be losing her touch if she couldn't convince the lord to lift her himself. Still, on the outside she was all gratitude and grace as she took the hands of the servants, allowing them to help her up. She teetered and swayed a little as they got her propped up and the other guests began moving for the shade.

"Oh Tettlepot. If only you had been quicker with that drink. Perhaps I wouldn't have fainted." She let her words have just a hint of curtness to them. Clarifying their roles. "Here. Do pass it to me. It will help none the less."

She took the glass from him then, and it was all she could do to not ask him if he had been successful.
Dulcie

Previous

Return to Myrken Wood