After a Good Night's Rest

After a Good Night's Rest

Postby Treadwell » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:23 am

The ninth day of the third month, 215.

The Treadwell house.

Last night, while several from Myrken Wood experienced a horrific nightmare after dreaming of a seemingly wondrous circus, Aloisius Horatio Treadwell had one of the most wonderful, most restful nights of sleep he has had in weeks. He, however, remembers next to nothing of it: a few scraps, yes, but certainly not many details.

One such scrap is the voice of an attractively round, elderly maid--"Such a healthy appetite!"--and accompanied, repeated cooing and coddling and affections. This voice, ringing in the ears and bouncing in the head, inspired Aloisius quite well at breakfast this morning, where he sat in his white, one-piece pajama jumper and made a perfect pig of himself with his beloved sow, Pinky, dozing beside his dining room chair.

He remembers food, endless waves of food and drink at a dining table much like his own, and the revelry and joy of stuffing himself silly beyond belief.

But, lastly, he remembers a singular image: a short, fat, younger man who might have made a splendid Tubbian. Even with Treadwell's inability to see colors, the precise look of that fellow's garb stands out, and in a delightfully garish match of it he now stands in his bedroom, next to wear his wife while she rests in bed holding their youngest child, Harvell.

"Perefctly absurd, Aloisius. Take all of that off, now."

From head to toe: a black top hat with a red band around it. A brilliant red coat over a white, long-sleeved shirt with a fluffy, lacy collar that sprouts from under that voluminous beard. A black cummerbund to help the trousers stay up and on--a pair of trousers done in fat, green and white vertical stripes, trousers tucked into the tops of enormous, well-shined, black boots.

"Off, Love? But I just dressed, mmph mmph!"

"Off! Or out! I'm not going to make myself sick looking at you, Aloisius! To your toy shop. There, at least, you'll fit in with the children and stuffed animals!"
"Looks like a table to me. Do you think it could hold up someone as bulbous as Treadwell?" -- Dr. Brennan, Myrken Wood Rememdium Edificium
Treadwell

Return to Myrken Wood