The Coming Week

The Coming Week

Postby Rance » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:48 pm

Letters written over the course of several hours -- each bearing a similar message scrawled in careful marks of coal -- arrive discreetly at a number of destinations: one each for the rooms of Murrukh the half-orc and Mercy Tirel; another, by courier, makes its way to one Constable Breve.

For your eyes and any you deem worthey to trust,

The new seasin comes very rapidly, it would be in our best intrest to gather verry soon to messure the limits of the Thing Which Is In The Wood. As the writer of this missive I am not so verry smart but we know at least these meeger points which others may know:

I, it has askt once for us to bring it men that it may have; II, it has got a very human desire for friendship; III, Msa. Catch and Mna. Mikarry will do its bideing which may present problems; IIII, it has sometimes got verry large eyes but at other times those eyes are small enough to be those of a person; IIIII, it has got a talent for talking inside a mind; IIIIII, it has not produced the Awful Dreams but has rather been a victim of them.

Sooner shall be better; this week we ought to make the Thing Which Is In The Wood our audience as breefly discused; SERRIS BELK-- has not proved raliable, but regardless we shoult gather things which may eagerly incurrige wood and leaf to burn, and if you do not wish to take part in this you may freely decline,

yours,

Ailova Smith & Gloria Wynsee
Rance
Co-Founder

Re: The Coming Week

Postby Jirai » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:15 pm

Breve was buried in paperwork.

Not literally, of course. Really, it wasn't even that much paperwork, but just about any amount of paperwork was enough to "bury" Constable Breve. She took care of it all very precisely, of course... but she didn't have to like it.

She also didn't have to like this letter that just arrived. On the other hand, it was an excuse to do something, and that was infinitely preferable to sitting around waiting for other people to do something. So Breve abandoned her desk and set out in search of Constable Perilat.
Jirai
Op

Postby Selestia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:11 am

The charming Constable Perilat was not a hard person to find inside the Constabulary. He did not have his own personal desk but shared with other detectives, which was fine; they were never in the same place at the same time and as long as personal space was respected nothing untoward ever happened. Not that anyone untoward was happening at the moment. He is there, however, behind one of those shared desks, doing his own little bit of paperwork, though nowhere near as neat and precised at Breve's was. Ever. The papers were filled out thoroughly but not exacting, leaving some vague interpretations with his shoddy handwriting. The man looked good and could charm a nun out of her small-clothes (possibly) but his handwriting looked like a left-handed palsy patient wrote with their right foot.

"Some pranksters went over to the old Southerby place last night," he says when he hears the footsteps of Breve coming his way, not even looking up from his papers, though his tone sounds bored...a little. More amused than bored. "Sheared his sheep a couple weeks ago, and someone went in there and sheared them down a bit more in specific places to make some right lewd little pictures in the new wool." Frankly, it amused the hell out of him. He could handle teenage shenanigans--that part was significantly easier than talking Southerby out of his hatchet and threats. And far, far easier than when he looks up and sees Breve, eyebrow crooking upward in his Yeees? look.

"What have you there, luvvie?" Breve was use to the little nicknames that came absently from his mouth--it did not mean that she liked them one bit, but work with the man long enough and folks would realize that he did not do it on purpose, it was simply a contingent habit of his. He tries, really, but the effort of thought was better wasted on other things.
Selestia

Postby Jirai » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:16 am

It was easiest to simply ignore Perilat's little names. Really, there were a lot of things about the pretty constable that were best ignored, and ignore them Breve did, since the man did good work.

"Sheep might have to wait." Breve's gaze drifted over the work on Perilat's desk for a moment before returning to the constable. With no more than that, she simply handed the letter over for him to read. "This'll be more interesting, I suspect. Let someone else handle Southerby."
Jirai
Op

Postby Selestia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:34 pm

"You know it's Missus Southerby that insists I take care of it," he says absently as he takes the letter from Breve, holding it up with a bit of a squint to read it. The slightest curl of lip, and he was mouthing the words as he tries to decipher the lack of proper grammar and penmanship, then frowns and holds it back out to his commanding officer.

"Ailova spoke to me 'bout this. Had an idea of trying to test the waters, so to speak, and see how powerful the beastie really is." He inhales, then blows the air out with puffy cheeks, bottom lip jutting outward so that the exhaled breath blows blonde hair from his face where some had escaped the ponytail. "Alright, alright. You want me to contact them? Go in and ask "what's up, buttercup?" That sort of introduction would probably get him shivved in the nether regions by the horsewoman, but hell. Might be worth it, right?
Selestia

Postby Jirai » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:53 pm

"The sooner this is taken care of, the better. And they'll need both of us, given the group that Ailova has gotten together." Breve grumbled, taking the parchment back from Perilat. "I'd recommend not using that exact phrasing, but yes. Find out when we're trying this insanity. Let them know that we'll both be there."
Jirai
Op

Postby Selestia » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:01 pm

The Constable sucks air in through his teeth, making a pursing sound, then swings up out of the not-so-comfortable chair, stretching his long legs in the process. "Alright, alright. I'll go say hello to the ladies up at the Dagger. Need to see how that kid is doing anyhow." He rubs the back of his neck; Ailova still has his horse, the freshly-gelded Ferdinand. But that wasn't not City matters, so he does not bring it up.

"I'll send her a message." The corner of his mouth curls upward in that devilish look he got when there was fun to be had. Especially at the expense of someone else.

"Can I borrow a mirror?"
Selestia

Postby Jirai » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:14 am

"Constable Perilat, what in the hells makes you think that I have a mirror and you don't?" Breve waved a hand dismissively. "Get on with it. You know where to find me." And with that, Constable Breve would return to her paperwork.
Jirai
Op

Return to Myrken Wood