A Letter to Lady Agatha Milburn

A Letter to Lady Agatha Milburn

Postby highawaywoman » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:36 am

"Ya want me to write a letter to a Lady?" The one eyed named Blort squinted up at the highwaywoman, giving her his best incredulous look.

"Aye. Wroite wot I say. Easy enoough work fer a purse full o' cooins fer yer gamblin'." The lean form of Ailova bent forward as she tossed a coinpurse across the grime encrusted table they occupied within the Floating Dragon.

"Never did take you for one that would wish to send a letter to a nob, especially a lady one." He wasn't about to turn down the job. Most of the jobs he received from Ailova involved intrigue and footwork - some more dangerous than others. This was an easy enough task in comparison! "How do you ya want me to start?"

"Feck if'n I ken. 'ow dooes oone usually star' a lett'r 'o worhtless lady noob?"

Blort sighed and bent over the parchment, sharpening his quill before he set to work. By the time he was done? Even the jaded brigand had to admit it was fine enough to send along to Westenford.

To the Honorable Lady Agatha Milbrun,

My Lady Milburn,

Word has filtered about in regards to the circumstances of your husband's demise and the loss of a substantial amount of coin during the unfortunate occasion. This was not a job done by random bandits, but something much darker and deeper involved. Please send word or a courier at your earliest convenience for more valuable information.

Signed a Concerned Citizen

"Well doone, Blor'. Looks foine enoough. I 'asten 'o reckoon tha' she be more concern'd overra the coin then she will be overra 'er wastrel husbands' death." The bandit shurgged, neatly folding the parchment and tucking to the inside of her frockcoat. "Eith'r way? This will indeed give 'er reasoon 'o cas' 'er eye 'o Myrken."

Blort chortled, not sure of brevity of such a scheme; but happily collected his coins and toasted the highwaywoman as she departed the Floating Dragon with nary a sip from the bottle of whiskey she'd procured.

The next morning the letter was sent by post to Westenford.
highawaywoman

Return to Myrken Wood