A Letter Home to the Wife

A Letter Home to the Wife

Postby Treadwell » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:58 am

On the morning of the eighteenth, Aloisius Treadwell wakes to find his butler, carriage, and horse waiting outside the Broken Dagger. Instead of doing the usual thing of hefting himself into the back of the coach to ride home for breakfast, this time, he hands his dear Gregory a letter to take home.

"A letter, m'lord?"

"Yes, mmph mmph. Have her read it immediately. I am staying here for a little while."

"Very well, sir."

= = = = = =

Dearest Alice,

I am staying here at the Dagger for possibly a few days, Love. I should be most appreciative if you have Gregory bring me some clothes and my tool belt and the bag of toys I am working on from behind my toy shop counter.

Babette is home!

She is, however, not herself. She has forgotten much, including who I am, for some reason I do not know yet, and she is a gaunt and sad shadow of herself. I aim to set this to rights, and I am not leaving her side until I know better about it all.

Do not tell Gideon yet. He knows that Babette exists somewhere, despite never meeting his older sister by Blanche. I would not have him know her like this. Do not tell the other children yet, either. I would not have her deluged by curious boys and girls should I bring her home soon, asking questions she cannot answer for now. Tell only Langley, Elizia, and Gregory, of everyone there, and Roderic if he shows from one of his trips, but no one else, Darling, if you please.

With love,

Aloisius

= = = = = =
"Looks like a table to me. Do you think it could hold up someone as bulbous as Treadwell?" -- Dr. Brennan, Myrken Wood Rememdium Edificium
Treadwell

Return to Myrken Wood