Pillow Talk

Pillow Talk

Postby Dulcie » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:46 pm

((This is a thread about Simona, each post is for a teahouse guest that she wakes up beside in the morning. I intend to post mostly about NPCs, but if someone has a PC who would be a likely client of Simona's message me and I'll work you into the thread!))

Dawn touched the horizon and the soft glow of orange light hit the window sill of the teahouse, little slivers of light filtering into the room that Simona rented above the teahouse. Her lashes fluttered against her cheek as she slowly began to open her eyes, taking in the details of her room. The rooms were relatively small, but hers was well furnished and well kept with an elegant armoire on one side of her large four posted bed and a vanity on the other. All of her furniture was elegantly carved and decorated with little trinkets from her travels, though not so many that it would have caused clutter. Her dress from the day before was still hanging over the back of her chair by the vanity and as she moved to roll over in bed she heard the familiar sound of her silk sheets swishing about beside her as her companion moved from the bed.

It was rare that she was disoriented in the morning. Usually she knew exactly where and when she was, but today she found herself a little foggy, her gaze falling on a flash on the vanity, reminding her of perhaps why that was so. As she blinked another long slow blink she heard the sound of laughter beside her and the rustle of clothing.

"Ye al'righ lass? I think we had a wee bit too much to drink last eve aye?"

She blinked her eyes open then and smiled up at the man who had just finished dressing. His laughter was pleasant and the smile on his face reminded him of what a kind and jovial person he was.

"Right as rain. Just takes me a minute in the morning." She grinned.

He chuckled again and sat down on the edge of the bed, gently stroking a hair away from her face, as if to really check to make sure she was alright. "Shame I be leavin' today. Still have a bit o' the good stuff left and drinkin' alone nay be joyful as drinkin' with ye."

"Where are you off to this time?" She inquired as she pulled herself up in bed, pulling her hair back away from her face.

He groaned "Coast o' New Dauntless. Nay a teahouse in site, nor a lass as pretty as ye." Despite the sound of complaint in his voice he was still smiling. She knew that he liked to travel, and as much as he protested it he was the sort that never really stopped moving.

"Oh now, I'm sure you could find a pretty girl if you wanted to." Her voice was teasing and there was an easiness between them. She liked that about him, the calm, easiness about it. He had such a sense of humor that she never really had to pretend or act, it all just fit nicely into his good natured personality.

"Aye, but nay many a lass willin' to be waitin' about on me. Nay even ye." He grinned at the last comment however, a big broad grin. It was a matter long since settled. People sometimes got attached, but not the pair of them, all along they'd known their roles, their understandings.

"I wait for no man." She assured him with a smile, eliciting a chuckle from her companion. "You'll stop by on your way back though?" She asked and he nodded.

"Would nay miss it for the world lass." He leaned down then and kissed her forehead before straightening up, collecting his flask and the pack he had brought in with him.

As he left she waved goodbye before sinking back into her sheets for a long, well deserved nap.
Dulcie

Re: Pillow Talk

Postby Dulcie » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:07 pm

Simona traced a fingertip along the back of the woman who laid beside her, watching the patterns of shadows and early morning light.

"Could you tell him? Let him know that you aren't happy?" She asked the other woman, watching her with a careful gaze, her eyes scanning the face that flipped back over to look at her across the pillow. She almost regretted her question once it was asked, seeing the anguished look on the noble woman's face.

"Of course I can't tell him." The noble woman insisted. "You... you're free. You can do the things you like, say the things you like, but me, women like me. There's no choices. I could tell him I'm not happy and then what? Where would I go? What would I do?" The noble woman's lip trembled a little and even with her hair still so carefully braided and pinned from the night before it made her look weak, vulnerable.

"I suppose that's true. It just seems hypocritical. Noblemen are here all the time, and their women know, they accept it.." She didn't finish her sentence, interrupted suddenly by the other woman.

"He.. You... you don't..." The color had drained from the noble woman's face.

"Me? Oh.. no, no, no." Simona assured her gently, grabbing her hands and placing a light kiss on the back of them. "No, I never take a client if I'm already seeing their spouse. No good comes of that." The other woman nodded and breathed slowly, gaining her composure again.

"You might be right, about how it is. But that's how things are. If he ever found out that I come here, that I see you..." The woman blanched again. "I mean.. I didn't mean that there's anything wrong with you Simona."

The teahouse girl shook her head and indicated that she hadn't been offended. "I understand. Where does he think you are?"

"He's on a hunting trip, but everyone thinks I've gone to see my sick mother." She looked a little sheepish.

"Just be careful." Simona cautioned as her thumbs still brushed over the back of the other woman's hands. "I can be discreet, but lies like that are hard to maintain sometimes."

The other woman nodded. "I wish I could tell him, but I can't. Until different cards are drawn for me these few hours are all I have. Can we just not discuss it any more?"

"Of course." She assured her before drawing the other woman back into a soft embrace. "Whatever you need."
Dulcie

Re: Pillow Talk

Postby Dulcie » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:50 pm

"I can't believe I'm getting married today." The young man babbled as he fumbled with his suspenders. A quick glance in the mirror revealed him a bit of a disheveled mess and he frantically ran his fingers through his hair, trying to straighten it.

"Your wedding will be fine." Simona assured him. She tied the belt of her robe and moved over towards where he stood, motioning for him to sit at the vanity as she reached for a comb. The young man complied and she gently took over, fixing the mess of hair that he had barely begun to tackle.

The young man suddenly popped up again and started pacing circles around the room. "Oh God.. oh God.. I'm getting married today and you! And me! and she! and oh no.. oh no... what did I.." He was getting more frantic and worked up by the second. The man went to make another quick turn on his heels when the teahouse girl caught his hand and stopped him.

"There's nothing wrong with what you did here. At least not in my books." The young man stopped and gaped at her, giving her puppy dog eyes that had already started to water. "Sit down."

He sat down and just continued to stare at her. "You had questions." She continued, "And there's nothing wrong with that. Plenty of people have questions. But sometimes there's things that we make choices about that are best to keep to ourselves, and not share with others. Don't you agree?" She waited then before getting exactly what she expected, a little nod from the young man.

"And.. and.. it was fine?" He whispered, his cheeks flushed.

"It was lovely. And your wedding will be lovely. But for that wedding to happen you need to get on out of her and back to your life."

He nodded, seeming slightly reassured before he stood up and paled, his hands patting his pockets.

"I forgot... I don't have.."

"It's alright. Consider it a wedding gift." She said with a smile. "I don't expect to see you back again anyhow." That might have been a lie, but it was the lie the young man needed to hear.

"Umm.. err, thanks." The man stumbled. He looked at himself again in the mirror, offered Simona another blush and a half smile and then hurried out the door to the back steps of her building.
Dulcie

Return to Myrken Wood