a strange message and a call for aid

a strange message and a call for aid

Postby grumluch » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:47 am

Grumluch stared into the bowl of water as he softly chanted tossing herbs onto the brazier beside him. Carefully he dropped a few more herbs in then a very small pinch of dried drows blood. The sympathetic link was ready as the runes around the bowl began to glow a sickening green. Grumluch didnt have much time and he didnt even know if any drow were in the area but it was worth a shot.
"I am Grumluch Lich to Lord Gruumish." "Hear me drow of myrkenwood, our enemy rallies as we speak to wipe us off the face of the planet." "Join me in my fortress and we can become alies." "The humans have yet to penetrate its walls they think it to be deserted. I offer you the safety of my home all that listen if you wish to ally with me and help expunge this plague from the land, so the forces of darkness can once more rule the land like times of old!"
With tht Grumluch colapsed backwards from the strain of the magic. It had taken almost all he had to penetrate the web of dark magical energy and get the message out to anyone that could hear him. Grumluch hoped someone had gotten the message. It didnt matter if it was a drow a lowly imp or a demon lord. Right now was the time to rally the corporial forces of evil. It was time for justice and vengance. He could use all the help he could get to amass enough power to stop the human plague upon what he considered HIS lands now.

ooc note: st's you can respond any wich way you like seeing as this involves the forces of evil and darkness. I have no idea what you would let me spring up or have answer.
Any player thats drow would hear the call in a dream as its a magical message. You dont have to respond if you want but hey its a open invitation for the drow to find a ally.
Anyone thats magicaly natured would also probibly hear the call since it was useing the web of dark magic to send it. What you do or who you tell is your choice. I thought it wold make a really diffrent twist in the original plot.
grumluch

Location: Deep in the bowls of the temple of Gruumish the one eyed

Postby Jirai » Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:17 am

In the darkness, her eyes snapped open. She lay there, still and unmoving as she thought over the words that had echoed through her mind.

Finally, those thin lips twisted up in an odd smile as the little dark elf swung to her feet. It was only a few moments before she had vacated the room, swift steps carrying her off into the night.
Jirai
Op

Intercepted

Postby Madel_H » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:21 am

The old mage had been in meditation, softly humming to himself as he mentally explored the surrounding areas. Then, in a flash, he felt himself pulled away and into the fortress wher Grumluch was performing the spell. He stood watching, unseen, for he wasn't truly there. After listening to the call, he forced his mind to find its way back to body.

Both eyes fly open, glancing about the room as he looks for what it was that had disturbed his meditation. In a rush, it all blows its way into his mind. A few moments of startled shock, then a wry smile as the dark mage stands and begins walking towards the place in his dream.

No, not a drow, but just as power hungry and evil...
Lonely men are we, Rangers of the wild, hunters- but hunters ever of the servants of the Enemy.
Madel_H

Evil or good...who's to say?

Postby Rattrap » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:40 pm

Azure eyes opened as a strange echo of a message fluttered into his head. He had not been in the middle of rest, but battle - his eyes were only closed to protect them from the splattering of blood that escaped the drow when the crossbow bolt broke through the skull, leaving the shaft to fall away...not from the drow's head, but his, leaving a perfect circle mark where the skin had been parted when the arrow was shot at him, and yet the drow suffered the fatal blow.

The man breathed in, letting the drow slump to the ground in deserted street of Derry that they currently occupied.

The message was faint. But he couldn't mistake who it was meant for; it was akin to an SOS call. To the drow.

The man smiled, causing the dripping blood to contour around his cheeks. They would all be gathered in one pitiful place; like sheep to the slaughter.

He sludged a finger through his mask of blood, just briefly tasting it with an outstretched tongue. He shuddered. Disgusting, he thought. And yet better spilled all over the streets than powering the filth in their endeavors...

The man headed for the nearest stable he could find to clean himself; it would do no good traveling wearing his last opponent. Then he'd start west.

To the source of that message.
Rattrap

Postby Suede » Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:34 pm

There were, despite all claims that the devils of the night rarely ventured beyond their dark cloisters and shadowed halls of the Underdark, proving to be the fair number of the nefarious brethren about the realm of Myrkenwood. One such member was the long silent Esrac. It had been considerable time since he'd given time to consort with fellows of race, and those that would declare them ally. It was knowledge common amongst those few which could be dubbed his friends, that he didn't consider himself one of those Drow, despite looks. The men were submissive and held fast to following their females, it was something which stirred considerable loathing beneath inked flesh.

However, this message was curious, why would one seek aid from some so few, and to what ends? It seemed a battle that simply couldn't be handled. There probably would have been no chance to draw the dancer of the dark arts from his silent reverie admist the shadows, if it had not been for that unhindered taste of black, wretched spellcraft. There was no doubt the taste of death magic was twisted within the seams, and thus orbless eyes, mists of amber wafting free from each socket, would finally open and the ever minute figure would rise from forest floor. Blacked staff of gnarled root and bone clasped for and he'd be moving... slow, steady... towards the source of this message, perhaps something of value could be found.
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."
~ Dark Helmet, Spaceballs
Suede

Postby Una » Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:30 am

Una awakes with a start, almost uncertain of what she had just dreamed. The orc... it had been his voice, she was sure, but, a lich? A call for allies? She was certainly having nightmares, that must be it, but even so, as she tried to shake the dread the dream had filled her with, she could not forget the voice, nor could she imagine why she would have heard such a call... She abandons trying to sleep again, but she cannot stop remembering the message. It would be a long wait till morning.
Una

Postby Rattrap » Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:21 pm

Dante's breath shown clearly in the brisk, bitterly cold night air. He was standing next to one of the few lit road torches, studying the map the drow had given him. The map, apparently, that showed the location of the orc fortress and the gathering of the drow.

He glanced up the road to the Order of Straka Headquarters. Dante would bring the map to them, for a couple reasons; it was a simple duty to help protect the townsfolk from an orc and drow menace, but it would also serve him to have help in storming the fortress. Or at least more information about it, which the guard may or may not have. Regardless, the location would be circulated and the drow would be flushed out, whether to be jailed by the guard or to flee right into Dante's grasp.

Either way, they were all going to die.

Dante chuckled at the thought of the drow Jirai's face when she'd thrown the dagger at him. Most of them had that look when they realized; only luck saved her from another, much more fearful expression. Next time it would be knowledge that might save her from that fate, but knowledge alone was far too little to stop the pure inhuman rage that burned beneath the cold, calm man.
Rattrap

Return to Myrken Wood