To Honor The Good and Noble...

Postby BrokenDreamer » Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:06 am

It was a lovely smile that curved her mouth, tickled the corners upward as the plastering of recommendations were read by light of lantern. Only after the sun had finished it's lazy driftings below the horizon did she ever venture a foot from her home.

Ah.. there, one did bear her name! ..and from the petit knight, of course. Charmed child.

With a tack, her own note is placed among the rest with no further time wasted. Plans tonight, meaning to venture towards the tavern -wait and see which of her pretties did appear.

The note:

Those that had the heart to welcome a strange face into their embrace of friendship, I would recognize the following in hopes that they would attend.

Phlynn, ma petit knight in shining armor.

Amelie, beloved child, adopted daughter.

Gabriella, without whom I would be utterly bored and lonely.

Isobella, allowing this one the thrill to play hero for a night.

For the unnamed gypsy, I do thank for your assistance with the care of Phlynn that horrible night that seems years ago now. I would wish to see your face and thank you one more time for your grace and kindness.

Ma golden ange ... I miss you so. Shall you return so that I may dangle upon your arm at this engagement?

Lyonette Gray

All of this was writing with feminine script, the English words having been labored at till near perfect save for a few slips of her own tounge.
Failure lies not in falling down, but in not getting up.
BrokenDreamer

Postby Rance » Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:32 am

There was no name upon that simple sliver of parchment -- or rather, no name that pronounced its author, but there were the praises to others scrawled across that mystery in regal cursive.

----------------------------

"To every citizen of Myrken, named and unnamed, for enduring the curses of the foul and the wretched; for holding their torches high, even when the fires in their hearts were dwindled and dull."

"To the council, for finding calm and patience amidst the ever-changing storms of those over which they preside; Joseph, Giscard, Gad 'Treadwell' Phuri, and Altias. Even now, I know you rule with pride and with a just conscience."

"To the territories with which we have shared our borders, for being a hand to grasp in darkness, and for being our shoulder, just as we have tried to be theirs."

"Let us leave no name out -- we are a brave court of beings, poor and rich, and may the festivities reign for days; may we celebrate them not with one dinner, but with countless other meals! May we all remember to give thanks to our neighbor, to our friends and family ...

... and foremost, to our enemies, for allowing us to remember just how righteous and golden we truly are."

---------------------------------------

It had come to her in a dream, the message, word for word ... and the widow Avarante posted the note without a tear.

Her revenant husband even now, in death, whispered in her ear.
Rance
Co-Founder

Postby Altias_Bromn » Fri Mar 12, 2004 3:27 pm

The flowing script of the young governor was easy to recognize. A long time coming, he had taken a great deal of time to pen his list.

With the wish that they should be remembered and honored on this and everyday, do I submit these names.

First, the members of the Myrken Wood Council, past and present. Those who came before my time here, for showing us the way to a fair and just government. And to those who have passed through the veil. Of course we can not forget those who are with us still. Aloisius, Joseph, Giscard. All heros in their own right.

Alexander Kanashia. The Captain who saved us from the Baie. A strong man, who should not be forgotten.

Lamai Carver. A selfless healer who has taken the time to give of herself. Even if the gift is a broken nose to a stubborn man.

The Duke of Burel, for all of his help in times of trouble and of peace.

Dr. David D'rael for being there, even when the council has not yet funded the rebuilding of his building.

There are so many...those I have forgotten, to my shame. Let me say that every citizen of Myrken deserves our praise, for we would not be where we are today without each one of you.

A scrawling signature at the bottom of the letter,

Altias Bromn

Wrong, in all the right ways
Altias_Bromn

Previous

Return to Myrken Wood