Odd Occurances.

Odd Occurances.

Postby Vanidor » Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:53 am

Three days, had come and gone since the return of the raiding party into the depths underneath the provience of Mykrenwood. Three days since the destruction of the powerbase of the evil that had held much of the place in thrall of his sphere of terror. Malignant evil had been, in the end, overcome by the not quite so simple acts of bravery of a chosen few. They were as varied as the people who placed themselves within the township itself. Some had done it out of a need for revenge. Some out of love and loss. Others to right a wrong. Alone, perhaps, not a single one of them could have brought Audmathus down. Yet together they had managed it, after a manner. True, the beast had escaped, but he had been grieviously wounded. His caverns destroyed. His plans for naught.

Indeed, his cancerous presence would not totally vanish, it would seem. It could never be quite -that- easy, of course. For the Stockade sat there, the Silver Lake in close proximity. Indeed, sometimes the soldiers drew water from there to supply the horses with. Yet, since that night, the water had held odd things.

A finger here. A rotting length of cloth. Bits of rope and other such things found within the buckets of water drawn to wet the thirst of the horses. Burel had been shown these things, shown them while he was still laid up in his bed, his injuried stomach and side healing thanks to a small dose of potion and a liberal dose of sleep. Shown them and simply shook his head.

"The caverns were below us, I figure. It is no doubt that this is the detrius of that cave in. There was a lake, down there as well... The last signs of his downfall, I would say. Nothing more... Ah, if but only Angelmar would return to me in this same manner, flotsam and jetsam upon the washing of a lake side shore. No, I would not think it that important, yet still... Mm, nevermind. Tell the men not to ride to the lake for water. It cannot be good for the horses. Oh... and someone see if Lenore is awakened yet, it would do good for her to see the sun, I think. "

One should always be drunk. That's all that matters... But with what? With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you chose. But get drunk. - Charles Baudelaire

Vanidor

Return to Myrken Wood