It's not over.

It's not over.

Postby Heldenbrand » Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:51 pm

Avel was proving to be right. Old friends, if they could be called that at all, had forgotten him. For months Heldenbrand had persued the drow, been betrayed, deformed and battered all for the sake of a promise to those friends. And not a word in thanks had passed from their lips as the drow finally fell. He'd died for them and still not a single whisper, a single gesture from either of that pair. Only conspiratorial glares, uncomfortable shifts. Myrken was cold these days, the sun hidden behind a veil of slate. Fire-scarred fingers curled into their palms, nails digging into the toughened pristine surfaces of that mutilated flesh. You've never wanted anything more than a thank you... I can give it to you. Shadowdancer was far more than just some incredible, magically appearing weapon. So much more, what they all knew barely scratched the surface! In this all he realized, that was a truth. She could give him everything he ever wanted, in return, they only wanted a soldier; one that would not fail her as Audmathus had.

Glint of cerulean through the shadow which had so long since engulfed him, jading the contours about and blending him to the tomby silhouettes of trees stood all about. Hunched to the snow floor, coat clenched about his tremoring frame. "They're too caug--"--caught up in their own lives? You've been discarded once again, their words of friendship, all their smiles! Lies. They used you. The soldier... did not like to be used. Minute rivulets of ochre eased down between clenched fingers, forced free of the pressure exerted, run down the weather beaten digits. "They deserve what you created... this time I wll not be there to save them."

Words that were shared, to those that might view from the outside in, but a monologue unto the winds, shrill and cold, rattling the branches together and only to serve echo to the howls of the wolves not so distant. The moon was rising and its sterling hue so bright. We could do so much more to make them pay for using you... "No, not yet..." She'd not won him over that much, but oh how that apathy now inched its way across his mind. ".. let them a taste of their own devices for now. When its time, we will fulfill your purpose. And I will have my thanks, even be it from your goddess."

The soldier, did not like to be used...
"Nice guys are fine, gotta have someone to take advantage of." --Porter, Payback
Heldenbrand

As different as Night and Day

Postby Thorn » Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:30 am

And Thorn indeed was perched, looking over the horizon as she remained in ghost form. Quietly, the sword at her side came to life, glowing softly even as she down to it. A ethereal hand would slip to the hilt, and soon her body would gain flesh, and black wings would sprout from her back. Drawing the sword, she looked at the pulsing light and mist that swirled about it, her brows knitting slightly.

"What is it...?"

The purified priestess' voice was soft; much less empowering now that she had been changed. "She's coming..."

Thorn in turn would frown, looking over the area. She saw no one, and had no idea what Heldenbrand contained, and that he was anywhere near where she was. In turn, Thorn would look to the sword, brows creasing.

"There's no way, Audmathus is dead."

"She's coming..."

"Well, when -she- gets here, we'll be ready."

Thorn frowned; she was unsure what would manifest Shadowdancer, but at the same time, whoever was carrying it was -not- Audmathus, and she hoped it was not Zayken, or one of his high minions. So there she would sit, watch, and wait.
Thorn

Postby Eriks » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:48 am

A gloved hand is pounded against the shoddily-made desk in frustration; lordly features creased into a snarl as he flops back into his chair, arms moving to cross over his armored chest. Absinthe eyes flicker over his 'samples'; before the drow had so been disposed of, he had taken the... 'liberty' of relieving the corpse of a few key items. Near-white, shriveled skin samples, tubes here and there of blackened blood, a few whispered strands of silver hair.

And yet -all- were proving rather -stubborn- about releasing their secrets.

With a grimace, slim fingers massage at pounding temples, pushing back strands of curled, warm-brown hair with their odd, cream tips, tiucking a lock behind one ear. The blood was really the key, he was -sure- of it; and yet so far his experiments had proved unconclusive.

The General was, quiet unsuprisingly, a man of many interests.

Back in his churning thoughts, an insistant tug brought him out of his pondering. Gently it took over, soothing away sore muscles and stilling the furstration in his mind. Eriks sent back a grateful push, only to have it responded to with a wistful question... and a rather -startling- image.

The sword.

The General bolts upright in his chair, fingers digging now into the desk's wood. Perhaps a bit harshly he questions again, and gleefully, again he recieves the picture; seen through the binocular vision of his steed.

Audmathus' plea. His -seemingly- succesful strike. The sword's reemergence.

It explained everything. The warmount proded his Master in the right direction. Againt he question was asked.

Without a second thought, Eriks rose to his feet, scooping up tack and saddle as he smiled.

Perhaps an interview with that solider was in order...
Eriks

Spectator

Postby Kobra » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:53 pm

A curl of smoke. Incense and dark roses.

A book lies open in his lap.

A glass of clear liquor stands nearby.

A candle rests beside it.

"So, you're still here, you precious thing."

Before him, a cubical device is spreadeagled. A shimmering, fleshy membrane offers the image of the tavern. Far-off places...distant beings.

"They really should've taken my advice. But their little minds are too abuzz with themselves. Their achievement. Futile as it was."

Fingers gently drum.

"I hear you've found another meat-sack to drag around. A sorrier specimen than the last. I wonder - was that defeat an embarassment, or all part of the plan?"

Silver coils spout again from his lips.

"You're welcome with me, you know. In fact, I shall leave the offer of my help upon the table. I've only one request for you, Shadowdancer."

At last, a smile.

"Don't get in my way."
"Life is but a moment - Legends are forever."

C.D.F.F
- The Kobra
Kobra

Return to Myrken Wood