The Mighty have Fallen

The Mighty have Fallen

Postby Seranos » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:18 pm

He had dwelt in non-existance for what seemed like an eternity of time - although one could claim the passage of such was, at best...difficult to comprehend.

Finally when the darkness had faded from his vision, he had found himself in a most unusual place. Perhaps he had washed up on the shores of the Amasynian Sea - he most certainly felt as if he had. The cold sea water clung to his tattered clothes and soaked him straight to the bone. He was bruised, cut and blue around the edges from the chill.

Crawling weakly up the snow-covered sands of the beach, he sought frantically for something - anything - to dispell the chill that he felt straight down to his soul.
But that....was impossible.
Frightening realization began to dawn on him, as he glanced down to his hands. Stained red with fresh, warm blood - human blood. The cuts weren't healing. He could feel a great ache in his muscles.
He could feel his Soul.
And it burned him.
"I lost my soul when I fell to earth...
My planet calls me to the void of my
birth."
- Monster Magnet, "Space Lord"
Seranos

Three weeks later....

Postby Seranos » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:27 pm

Mortal or not, he was just as tenacious and willful as he had been when the Blood of the Abyss flowed in his veins. His great strength was gone, save what a man of his build and physical health could be thought to possess. The quickened healing. The resistance to the kiss of fire. Gone were the innate magicks of his very Being.
What remained however, was the skill with the blade he had developed through centuries of practice as well as the learned spellcasting taught by untold ages poring through arcane texts.
He had his intellicence. His stubborn resolve. His cool facade. All of those to mask the fear that gnawed wholly upon his mind. He would die and grow old. He was....nothing.

But....for all the knowledge he had studied....he had learned one thing. No curse or magick could be permenant. There were always ways of healing such malevolent spells. All he needed to do was find out how to claim his life back.

And so....in the past three weeks, he had travelled wearingly and cautiously across New Dauntless and into Myrken....seeking a good place to begin.....
"I lost my soul when I fell to earth...
My planet calls me to the void of my
birth."
- Monster Magnet, "Space Lord"
Seranos

Return to Myrken Wood