Conversation with a Silver Masque

Conversation with a Silver Masque

Postby Vanidor » Tue May 30, 2006 2:52 pm

"Do it. Stretch forth your hand and grasp what is yours to grasp. There is nothing here to stop you, just some paltry drow and the magics of their false god. You have your own magic. Your own men. The love of the people..."The masque of silver whispered it's tantalizing secrets, and for once the man listened quietly. "You are strong enough now. Able to hold your gift for longer than ever... You must act now, while you can. You know what will happen in the end. What must happen in the end. Act before your... friends turn on you, and lock you away. All you have to do is remove Giscard and Helstone. Suede will follow your luck, if you give him enough coin... Burn them all, and secure the province..."

Kerrak shifted in his chair, peering at the formed sheet of silvery-metal. His eyes settled upon the sightless eyes of the masque. Fingers would form a steeple before his eyes, a slow blink taken as the words spoken by immobile lips was thought upon. "If I act now, everything will fall apart. The drow will need to be eliminated first and foremost. And the others will have their strengths brought to the fore before that can happen. I must be the Hero in the eyes and hearts of Myrkenlanders... Not just a man encased in steel and fire. That is the way of it. We must... I must let the drow know that I am ready for their tea party... We must get ready for the end battle." There was a knock at the door. A gentle creak of hinges and a head peeking in through the doorway. Light would spill into the empty room...

"Captain? Is everything all right? Farris thought he heard talking..." The soldier at the door looked concerned. Many had given him that look of late, when they had caught him mumbling to himself or gesticulating wildly like he was in a debate with others, even when by himself. Kerrak would answer with nothing but silence for a moment, then a slight nod of his head... "I am fine, Julian, just thinking outloud. A favor? Go find me Jons, I need to see him..." There would be a salute, and then the man would step away and depart, closing the door in his wake...

"Yes. Jons is the right tool, his arm is strong, but his will shall fall to yours. Aeryn you must dispose of in some way, his mind is too strong... He will not be swayed so easily... We must act... we must... act..." And then silence would resume in the darkened hall, whilst Kerrak awaited his premere Lieutenant..

One should always be drunk. That's all that matters... But with what? With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you chose. But get drunk. - Charles Baudelaire

Vanidor

Return to Barracks / Gaol