A letter to the Brotherhood of Janerio

A letter to the Brotherhood of Janerio

Postby `Bishop » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:21 am

Delivered sometime during the day to a guard at the gate, a cream coloured envelope addressed to the current Commander of the Brotherhood would soon find it's way into either Aeryn's or Kerrak's hand. Inside the envelope was a letter writen with a clean script.

To Kerrak or Aeryn,

I don't know if you've spoken to Aspirant Bryce Larose about the 'incident' at the Barracks several days back, but I would like to set the record straight on the boy's behalf.

During the departure from the Gaol, when I felt that both the girls being held were no longer safe at the Brotherhood Barracks, or in the custody of the Council, Bryce arrived in mid-operation and threatened to undermine my plan to leave with both Reverie and Alligail. I had wanted to send him away, but he was there on orders to treat and see after the pregnant elf, Reverie. So, using my authority as his Lieutenant, I compelled young Apsirant Larose to assist me in removing the two girls from custody and somewhere safe.

Bryce does not know where I am, nor has he the means to contact me, but these charges I have heard that he is a traitor are bull. Bryce did nothing less than his duty and carried out the orders I gave him to the letter, even though they may have been deceitful in nature.

I would also like to inform you that until I feel that the current situation in Myrkenwood calms and that Alligail and Reverie will be safe, they will remain under my personal protection. I am sorry that if this goes against the wishes of the Brotherhood and the Council, but I feel that these two young ladies have been grossly mistreated and abused. They have been used as pawns for long enough and it is only right that someone who gives a damn about them sees to their welfare.

Once this current crisis is over, Alligail and Reverie will be released from my charge and I will agree to whatever retributions -you-, Captain of the Brotherhood, feel to bestow upon me, for I still consider myself under your authority, even if I am defying it now. If you so wish, consider this a prolonged leave of absence, or strip me of my membership and rank, whatever you see fit.

Yours loyally,

Maxwell Bishop, Lieutenant,
Brotherhood of Janerio, Cavalry
`Bishop

Return to Barracks / Gaol