A message for all, from the tongue of one.

A message for all, from the tongue of one.

Postby channe » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:48 am

A mask of snarling silver and iron --
A peeling of silver lips and a baring of iron-tainted teeth --
That maw.

Agnieszka returns to the Barracks to tell Aeryn Karolinger what she has seen and heard this evening: Kerrak al'Nerun, or what was left of him, haunting the tavern like a too-real, too-tangible shadow, his face covered with a hellmask and his voice garish gravel, bearing promises of death. She tears away from the words of lieutenants who wish her to know her place to apply her fist to the office door; it is not yet too late in the evening to do so, after all, and Karolinger is a busy man these days.

"…he's a demon risen; he must be, for you tol' me he were dead," she'd say, breathlessly, silhouetted in the doorway. "He gave me a warnin' -- t' leave, t' take my family an' leave. An' he said other things, too --"

And she tells of the way that he summoned a Soria of sick green flame, a replica of the same sword that Aeryn now wears at his side, and of the ill promises he granted:

I have returned.
I shall do what I have to do.
Cleanse this province.
Make it strong.

You can leave.
You can submit --
Or you can die.

And she made her choice, at least. And Aeryn will make his, and, indeed, the Council, and the whole province. Isn't that what this demon-Kerrak is counting on?

So be it. If you are still here when I return again… by Fire be Purged.

But that is something you must do, Karolinger; for this girl is simply the messenger this evening, scanty and forward in your door. And there is a letter from Helstone on your desk that intimates this very thing, and there are decisions to make on this dark night. There are words to say to certain people, preparations to make, are there not?

Tell the Council I said hello.

"Thought you should know," she finishes.

(much of this directly lifted from roleplay; all italics are Boyd's words!)
channe

Postby Vanidor » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:57 am

By Fire Be Purged...

Aeryn sat in his quasi darkened room as Agnieszka was silloueted by the torch-light in the next room. The letter from Helstone was sitting on his desk still, something he had been mulling over for the last few days. He had believed. Had wished. He should have known better.

They all should have, truth to tell.

Tell the council I said hello...

Aeryn closed his eyes, hands raising up to push the fleshy parts of his palms against shuttered eyes. A long breath. A longer hold upon it. Then his head to raise out of the crux of his hands, chin coming to rest where eyes once were hidden.

"Agnieszka. Thank you. I..." What to say. Should he get up and wrap his arms around the tensioned shoulders of his lover? Does he need to comfort her with his embrace? Did he want the same? Did he need the same? Perhaps. "... Take this letter to Helstone's place, and get some rest. The days will be busy shortly." No. While he would have enjoyed a tryst, a joining to take his mind away from the news just given... There was work to be done, and a decision to be made.

And in that letter? It was simple, he hadn't bothered with a preface or a rambling introduction. Aeryn didn't care for those sorts of things... The letter. It was simple. 'Kerrak says hello. We need to talk, before he decides to burn us all. - Aeryn'

One should always be drunk. That's all that matters... But with what? With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you chose. But get drunk. - Charles Baudelaire

Vanidor

Postby channe » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:34 am

Captain, says the letter that arrives upon his desk later that evening -- not brought by Agnieszka, but no doubt she would arrive shortly afterward --

We will speak at the first opportunity regarding the issue of Kerrak al'Nerun. Certain things are already in motion. Our options are few but effective, and Myrken Wood will need the support of the Brotherhood to avoid the outcome you describe.

For now, I want you to put out a warrant for the arrest of the drow Jirai, Councilor Roschen's so-called guard, for assualt upon the person of a Councilor; she is working with the drow and attempted to kill me at the tavern this afternoon.

I would highly appreciate you doing this quickly.

Sincerely,
Coriolanus Helstone
channe

Postby Suede » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:20 am

To the Captain of the Brotherhood of Janiero;

I would appreciate the immediate removal of the warrant against my guard, Jirai with all due haste. The situation on which Councilor Helstone is making his demand for a warrant is more convoluted than he would have you believe for his own personal aims.

He neglects to mention that a man in his coterie, Raegan Biske the wanted murderer of dozens, attacked Jirai and a friend of hers first. This of course resulted in her lashing out, partially against a man involved in the acts that resulted in the death of my son.

Because two Councilmen have dissenting opinions on this issue, the warrant needs to be suspended until such a time that the Council may meet as a whole. Where in we may argue and throw accusations at one another for several hours before coming to a responsible and less rash decision. One not based upon our personal vendettas against certain races.

Councilor of Agriculture;
Suede Roschen
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."
~ Dark Helmet, Spaceballs
Suede

Return to Barracks / Gaol