A Missive for the Captain.

A Missive for the Captain.

Postby Kylerryth » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:44 pm

The courier arrived on horseback, displaying clearly the mark of House Aldred on his left breast, and asked to see the Captain of the Brotherhood, one Aeryn Karolinger. Once admitted he delivered to Aeryn the missive placed in his care; he then waited for the Captain's reply.

[indent]To Aeryn Karolinger, Brother-Captain of the Brotherhood of Janeiro:

Salve, Brother-Captain Karolinger. Good health and fortune to you and your men.

I will be brief, for this is not the only letter I have written today; nor will it be the last.

We have yet to meet, and I find that amiss. Too, I have heard of your recent triumph; I would discuss this and other matters of interest with you.

Therefore I invite you to dinner with myself and an assortment of other guests at my estate, at your earliest convenience.

I believe it will be an enlightening evening.

Sincerely,
Aston Jylan Aldred
Lord of Aldred
Councilor of Defence and Civil Security[/indent]
I'll either find a way or make one.
Kylerryth

Postby Vanidor » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:39 pm

It was a wait not too terribly long in the coming. For once Aeryn saw from whome the courier came and then read the words set upon parchment, he would slip around his desk and pen a quick response. The woulds would be sharp and angled, hurried. Aeryn had a lot on his plate, now that things had moved apace. Plans within plans that had been broken by a day and night's worth of riot and turmoil.

Still.

To Lord Aston Jylan Aldred, Councilor of Defence and Civil Security,

Sir. A meeting would be a good thing to do. For there are issues that must directly be set, and decisions to be made.

I will be available on the 'morrow, or the day after if you wish this meeting to happen soon. After, it will depend on the mood of the township and province. Simply let me know.

Brother-Captain Aeryn Karolinger
Brotherhood of Janerio

It would be signed with a flourish, sand drizzled over the parchment to make a quick drying, then rolled and bound with a simple cord of grey'd leather.

"Here. This do be for your lord, I will await a response here. If I do no be here when that response come, do not worry, I will find out and read it swiftly. Good day."

And with that, the messanger would find Aeryn turning and heading into the room behind his office. Guards would see him out.

One should always be drunk. That's all that matters... But with what? With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you chose. But get drunk. - Charles Baudelaire

Vanidor

Postby Kylerryth » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:28 pm

The reply came almost at once.

[indent]To Aeryn Karolinger, Brother-Captain of the Brotherhood of Janeiro:

Salve, Brother-Captain.

I concur. Tomorrow evening would be fine. Please notify me of your imminent arrival. The chef will begin dinner preparations an hour before sunset; dinner will be ready an hour or two after, depending on the complexity of the menu.

Sincerely,
Aston Jylan Aldred
Lord of Aldred
Councilor of Defence and Civil Security[/indent]
I'll either find a way or make one.
Kylerryth

Return to Barracks / Gaol