Introducing Gailan

Introducing Gailan

Postby Zorana » Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:10 pm

Another day, another arrest. ...Although, this one had been a little unorthodox. He eyed the man who walked in front of him, so calmly.. well, waveringly. Another drunken idiot. But... He did carry that 'warlock' as if he were nothing more than a small sack of potatoes. Of course, allowing one's prisoner to walk, unbound, to the gaol, carrying one's other prisoner, did not exactly follow policy. He was willing to let policy slide, if it put him into less danger.

If the prisoner was going to walk -willingly- to the gaol... Well, he wasn't going to -complain- about it.

"So, what do they feed you in this clink?" came the voice of the scruffy blond man in front of him.

"Mush.. usually."

"What's in the mush?" the prisoner said, warily.

"Oats, other.."

"Plants?!" the prisoner interrupted, with a sneer.

"Occasionally, they put chicken gizzards in the soup," Duvall replied with half a grin. A carnivorous drunken fellow. Marvelous.

"Well.. it's some semblance of meat."

"They're usually three days old and green," Duvall added, cheerfully.

"Ahh. They come with their own vegetable side dish," the prisoner replied, in a bland voice. He tightened his grip on the warlock, as they approached the gaol. "Can't I at least have a drink before I fast for three days...?" he rifled in his pockets, producing a silver flask. Engraved in the flask was a complicated fifteen pointed star. On the other side was a howling wolf.

Duvall reached over and easily plucked the flask from the prisoner's hands. "No. You're already drunk."

"But I.. that's mine!"

"I'm confiscating it," Duvall said, hiding a grin beneath the shadow of his hat brim and tucking it into a pouch.

Duvall moved around and ahead of him, and murmered quietly with the guards at the gate. The four guards eyed the prisoners, but let them in, going on Duvall's word that they wouldn't start anymore trouble than they already had. He gestured for the prisoner to follow him, and led him inside the stone building. The hallways were damp beneath their feet, and the place smelled of old blood and moisture. He paused, and informed the prisoner that he'd have to hand off the warlock now, to the pair of guards that waited for them. The prisoner through the warlock rather roughly into the arms of the guards. Duvall chuckled, almost inaudibly, and said, "Take 'im to the warded cells. The more 'eavily warded," he added. The guards nodded.

"This way," Duvall added, and gestured for the prisoner to follow him. It wasn't long before they'd reached the larger cells, used for holding minor offenders - the typical town drunks and brawlers that were in and out of the gaol every few days.

"So.. which victims.. err, cellmates will be mine?" the prisoner asked.

"These," Duvall said, with a theatrical gesture. He even lifted off his hat, and waved it slightly. He pointed towards a cell full of men, and said, simply, "Brawling and Assault." The new prisoner grinned, wolfishly. Duvall tugged the keys off of his belt, and pulled open the cell door. Pointing to three of the men, he said, "Cristophe, Bob, and Ron.. Out. And you, too," he added, pointing to a man who's name he didn't know.

"Regulars?" the grinning new prisoner asked, of the three that Duvall had named.

With a smirk, Duvall nodded, and shoved the four men, hands against their shoulders, towards two waiting guardsmen. "If I see you in 'ere again, I'll likely beat the ***** out of you again. Got it?" The four men nodded, two of them hiding the grins of those who weren't at all sorry for what they'd done. Duvall rolled his eyes, and gestured for the new guy to enter.

With a gleam still in his eyes, the scruffy blond haired man walked into the cell. As the sound of bars clanging and keys grinding in a lock reached his ears, he hid a tiny sigh. He looked down at a man... No particualr man.. and said, "Get out of my seat."

"Bu' I was si'in 'ere already, y'bluidy bastard," the man already in that seat said. Two minutes later, fists were flying.

Duvall grinned, wryly, and glanced through the bars at the man who was already brawling with his cell mates. He resolved to tell the Captain that the larger, community cells weren't good for the health of the prisoners... But he hadn't told the Captain yet. He called down the hall, "You two, keep an eye on this mess. If any of them look to be fatally injured, call a doctor. Otherwise, let them be." As soon as Lt. Duvall was out of sight, around the corner, the two guards started making bets on the winner of the gaol cell brawl.
Did you ever wonder what happens when there's dirt on the "Bat Signal?" It wouldn't even look like a bat anymore. Maybe they'd accidentally summon a superhero named "Misshapen Blob Man." I bet he weighs 900 lbs. and comes in the "Misshapen Blobmobile." And the cops go, "Aaah! Clean the lens!" And his theme could be the Batman song at about 10 R.P.M.

Shameless Art Promotion Starts Here.
Zorana

Return to Barracks / Gaol