The Noble and The Gaol.

The Noble and The Gaol.

Postby gothicwords » Mon Apr 21, 2003 2:23 pm

There was no room to run. She must have stood facing the wall of the cell for nearly two hours. Guards whispered. No on could believe it.

Alexi Rose had been placed in the Gaol.

Not without a fight of course. She struggled between the two guards as Kanashia watched. No others to witness her moment of fright. It was a moment she feared. The dank cell which awaited her. What had she done that warranted this treatment? They would pay. Oh would they pay for this. They would be the next victims; they would be hurt by the evil that lurked in little boys like Phlynn. A darkness and void that was much worse was lurking in the lake, in the Wood. Alexi Rose was not “that” evil; there were other things long before her mortal sins of arrogance or vanity. They would learn soon enough what a mistake they had made. And she feared for them. Even in her moment of screams and mental pain. Head twisting, the shame was more than she could bear. Only heaven knew what she was going through. Staring at the wall she found it hard to breath. There was no one to help her now. What could possibly keep away a vampire? Faith? A cross? Hope? What.

Blood ran down her back from the stripes brought upon her by the length of a hand held belt. The priest said it was the only way to be forgiven of her sin. Her eyes fell finally to the white linen garment that hung to her ankles. She hated it. She wanted to rip the damn thing off. Just then she screamed. It came from deep inside her belly and the groan that came out was more of a low cry.

Vomit came next, as she doubled over in her nauseated state.
"I HATE YOU!"

The words were like venom. They had to come out; she threw her self up against the bars of the cell.

"LET ME OUT!!! I don't DESERVE THIS! I’m scared. Please someone help me. "

And this would go on all night. Her screams would not end until she passed out onto the floor. How could they do this to the merchant of Rose Justice? With only a pair of boots that fit her feet as evidence and the word of Dhugal. She had planned it out, how did this happen? They had promised her that she would be safe. They had promised her that no one would ever know and that she would be forgiven for all her past sins if she did this one justice. She knew just how evil Phlynn was. She knew. The rest of them were deceived.

Darkness had fallen in the Gaol. She hated the Dark. Alexi was afraid of the dark more than anything else. The fear embraced her like it had that night in Varian's confines. Except this was much worse. This was a small space, just like that of the burning carriage and every time she closed her eyes it felt like she was trapped all over again inside of the Fiery Inferno. Fear was something Alexi was not used to.

They could not do this to her. They did not understand what she was going through. Or why she had done it. For there own good. For Phlynn's own good. These thoughts exploded in her head. Curses and Blessing came from her mouth one after another. The sound of her would silence for a time but then again the merchant would kick at the bars. Throwing herself up against them Reaching for the guards as they passed.

She would go mad in that cell. Fighting it off would take more than just prayers. It would take a miracle. It would take the impossible.

She had fallen to the dirty cell floor. White holy linen marked with the filth of what had been there before the lovely woman. Her cheek lay cold pressed against the stone, and drool dribbled out from her open cheek. Eyes of hollow mocha drifted open. Where was she? Why did it feel like she was spinning? Who made those sounds, the moans? Others in cells worse off than her own? The blood had dried to a richer shade of red across the taunt pull of linen that stretched her back. Someone was standing there outside the cell but she could not tell who or what it was. She was afraid to move, to reveal herself in the state she was in. Lying helpless on the floor. She whispered, falling back out of consciousness.

"I hate you."
gothicwords

Postby gothicwords » Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:58 pm

When the sun rose over the Compound and the cell which had contained Alexi Rose was searched, those that had heard the whisper throughout the land would not find her there. Neither would The Captian of the Guard.

A physcian had come.

The cell was empty, for now.

(( present for ya Darren. <grin> Morning ;) ))
gothicwords

Postby Darren » Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:30 pm

(( I don't think I understand. Can someone please involved give me a pm on the boards here and describe to me what happened? ))
I refuse to believe this is as good as it gets.
Darren

Postby Rattrap » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:26 am

The doctor walked the woman away from the Gaol, supporting her through the not overly long walk to the Edificium. A pair of guards accompanied them on Gad Phuri's orders, but nevertheless - Alexi wasn't about to spend another night in the dank cell.

The physician had come, bringing promise of warmth and comfort - one which he made good on, if under the watchful vigil of the Order of Straka.
Rattrap

Return to Barracks / Gaol