Burnin' down the house...

Burnin' down the house...

Postby Lucian » Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:44 am

The flames roared above, and the mist-form of Lucian settled down near the forest, where the vampire reformed. Ducked behind a tree, he watched for a few moments as the home of Kanashia was going up in smoke.

A crooked smile had formed on his thin, bloodless lips as he watched the conflagration envelop parts of the building. That was Alexander's doing, not his, Lucian was convinced. The guard captain had his chance to flee, but chose to stay.

He now paid the price.

"I will see you soon, Crusader..." Lucian whispered into the smoky, night air while the images of the flames from the estate reflected off golden, serpentine eyes. The Tremere couldn't help but chuckle softly, even as he heard the screams of people around the house. He had enjoyed the chaos that ensued, even if he were caught red-handed by both Lamai and Alexander.

Lucian had no idea how many were dead, but he had hoped that Alexander would think better than to insult him again. Though, knowing that bull-headed Captain, he would run his mouth again, and Lucian would be forced to take drastic measures once more. His smile soon faded, and he turned away from his masterpiece. The townsfolk could add arson to his list of crimes and inhumanities.

Trudging through the woods, Lucian brushed back his black and grey mane from his eyes, speaking once more to himself, "The Order of Straka.... A farce and a joke..." And then, as he walked, he began humming a soft tune, long forgotten, from his past. A cold wind blew quietly through the trees, as Lucian disappeared into the misty darkness of the forest....
Blood is black in the moonlight -
When I pierced the heart of my bethrothed.

Her undead gaze bringing ire upon me.

I held her head aloft to my grim gods.

And ever I am thwarted by the dark.

Bal-Sagoth - Thwarted by the Dark (Blade of the Vampyre Hunter)
Lucian

Postby Darren » Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:46 am

The two servants who had been rushed to the Myrken Town hospital would be kept over, possibly, as one had severe burns to both legs which would inhibit her walking for a long time; the other was only inflicted minor burns to the right hand an arm, and was relatively unharmed.

Alexander, on the otherhand, suffered wounds to the back caused by shards of glass from what he told was a broken window. He had dived out of it to save the servant girl and himself. The wounds were healed, and his loss of blood would be fixed soon enough with a few good meals. He couldn't stay in the Edificum any longer.

The remaining twenty-six servants under his hand were placed in the custody of Aradil, the elf, and taken to Thessilane. The other two remaining in the hospital, once they were able to leave, would be sent there to live with Aradil as well.

Alexander left the hospital with a kiss placed to the brow of Lamai, and hopefully no lip from the doctors. Bandaged, bruised, and cursed with a slight limp, the hospital was abandoned. He had paperwork to fill out, people to see, and a new home to rebuild.

A heartbroken Captain, who found himself without a home (as all that remained were marble statues that had been charred by the flames), would stay in the Barracks with his men. A fine group. He did not have to the time to worry over the small things; he had a larger responsibility: Myrken Town.
I refuse to believe this is as good as it gets.
Darren

Revenge is sweet....

Postby Lucian » Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:38 am

Lucian had done what he said he would do. Boldly and pompously, he told Quincy his plans, and still the foolish guards placed precariously around the manor were simple to get passed. And Alexander, Lucian saw to it that he rue the day he ever tangled with the warlock.

But Lucian was not as foolish as Alexander might think. Lucian knew he would be a marked man, and that retaliation was a must. But this only made Lucian smile as he sat back in the chair he occupied within his study. A soft chuckle escaped him, as he put down the magical tome he was working on.

His laughter erupted out the mouth of his lair, the abandoned mine within Devil Ridge, and echoed out through the forest. He had done it. He knew old Alexander's heart would be broken, and his spirit crushed. Be he knew that would only fuel the Captain's anger, and that the man would bull-headedly try and avenge the pain of those who were lost in the fire with the same ferocity of the flames that licked his estate.

But Lucian cared little about that, for now it was time to celebrate. Placing the leather-bound tome down on his work bench, the Tremere wrapped long, thin serpentine fingers around the shaft of his flail before he rose from his chair. Stepping through the winding, twisting caverns of his play pen, Lucian made his way out into the long, great night.

It was hunting time, and Lucian was not about to let something as small as an angry guard captain's wrath keep him from enjoying a good meal.

"Have a good evening, Alexander Kanashia ... wherever you are..." He called into the night with a loud cackle before his appearance shifted into that of a wolf before taking off into the darkness of Myrken Wood, looking for something special tonight -- a member of the guard, for him to feast upon...
When I pierced the heart of my bethrothed.

Her undead gaze bringing ire upon me.

I held her head aloft to my grim gods.

And ever I am thwarted by the dark.

Bal-Sagoth - Thwarted by the Dark (Blade of the Vampyre Hunter)
Lucian

Return to Barracks / Gaol