A visitor

A visitor

Postby DeathRose » Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:22 am

The subtle jangle of chain mail went unnoticed over the typical morning din of the barracks. The training yard bustled with activity as soldiers worked in pairs and teams. Steel on steel rang out, wood clattered noisily agaisnt wood as practice swords met time and again.

The guards did notice the approach of the warrior. It seemed that the entire area was on high alert. Two pairs of guards broke off from those practicing in the yard, making short work of the distance between themselves and the newcomer.

A dark grey travelling cloak covered the stranger, leaving little visable, save for the tell-tale bulge of a sword hilt on the left side of the warrior. Both hands raised as the guards approached. Small hands, sheathed in well worn leather gloves.

"Be at peace, brothers. I've come to request audience with your captain."

The voice was low, well controlled, as slowly one hand moved to pull back the hood of the cloak.

"Do not move, stranger." Barked one of the guards. "State you name and business with our captain."

Laughter. Tired, patronizing, laughter lifted from the figure, Lightning quick, the hand was raised fully, drawing back the cowl. The warrior stood straight and tall before them, mercurial gaze less than amused.

"My name, brothers, is Death." The warrior paused, the look on their faces ranged from mild annoyance to fear. "Death Lilliana Rose. I have heard the guard is in need of able hands. I have come to see your captain about employment."

And with a gesture toward the barrack, the diminutive warrior waited, with little patience, to be taken to the captain.
DeathRose

Return to Barracks / Gaol