Switch to full style
Post a reply

Re: War.

Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:00 pm

It grew legs. And walked off.

That... no. She could not think about that, not right now. Later. Later she could see that image, and likely vomit. But not now. Now, there was this thing to do, even as Agnieszka calls for everyone to leave... But Rhaena could not hear that either, save as Glenn did and to that she was not paying attention.

She was shaking now, hurrying to find what Glenn needed... but gently, oh-so gently, for Rhaena could not be other than gentle, even if she wanted to. Which, of course, she did not. She was not drow-possessed as she had been when Agnieszka was the subject of this. She was not Glenn, with his current lack - in fact, she was almost the opposite. What he did not have, she had in plenty.

She finds what she is looking for, information filtered back to Glenn Burnie and the Governor's words pass through her mind to Kerrak's. Hopefully it would be enough. If it wasn't... Well, she was not yet out of options. Not yet.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:03 am

His eyes, they flicker. There is something behind them again. All this violence and rage is starting to wear off on the man, and he just narrows his eyes at Suede, slipping to keep himself between the psychopath and Agnie. If he was to be the Third again, it was time to start acting like his title. "Glenn, maybe you should get the still living ones out. I'll deal with the body when you are all safely out." And deal with Suede if he needed too.

His eyes flicker to that mace on the floor, and he just lofts a brow at Suede, "That man was possessed. His weapons might have.. some negative effects. No one here seems to like you over much, but I would not wish possession on my worst enemy. I wouldn't suggest touching it. Let me deal with it."

Oh yes, he can resist it, for a time. Longer than a normal person. But so far, he has avoided unSealing again. That was miraculous.

"You should go, as well, tailor."

Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:06 am

An unnecessary adjustment to his collar was made as Glenn speaks and he offers a faint grin. "You could have just had her pull her top off. That's a less painful distraction." Here he paused to watch the momentarily stunned Agnie who was seconds ago screeching at him. "... Nooo, you're right, the stabbing was the better option."

And then she began to screech out dramatic orders and flutter about like a madwoman. An eyebrow was raised towards Aleksei. "You wanted to go to dinner with that? Sir, I do believe you'll fit right in here, though she's about to mess up those pretty little pictures of your's." Aleksei was now between him and the others and his smile only widened. "Well you're dramatic, but I won't touch it anymore. I'll leave when it's prudent. I'm concerned for the health of my friend."

Suede watched the fracas with amusement and casually waved a hand at Kerrak's body. "Have you noticed the fact he was slammed in the side by aforementioned mace? Move him around enough and I bet you can get one of his ribs to pierce a lung. That would be delightful. And burning this house would be a terrible waste. Why does everyone like fire so much?"

Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:21 pm

It is Glenn's words echoing within his brain that cause Kerrak to flicker into consciousness. Rhaena had best be out of his brain by this point, for with the wakening of his body so too does he start to focus. Those defenses start to clamp down, and he's none to gentle with anyone (or thing for that matter) that wishes to remain within his mind. As it was, there is naught by a formidable grey wall in place of any memories. His hand grips to his sabre here, the metal scratching softly against the wooden slats that made up the floor of his patio. He can feel himself being raised from the ground.

And he can feel a sharp pain in his side as this happens. The sword stabs into the floor in order to better support him, but he can't quite find his legs. And he knew it would be defying Glenn, but he certainly did not care. He understood what the pain in his side could very well be, and he despite his darkest desires, he did not consciously WANT to perish. It was an odd thing, to want to die but not want to die. In any case, he sighed and used the pain in his side and the discomfort of what he'd had to do to his old friend to focus his mind even moreso. If Rhaena was still lingering, then she (and through her Glenn it would seem) would FEEL the draw upon the Power as he utilised it. Hopefully she would not be washed away by it as well.

It was like a river of the purest joy and life burbling along in a torrent that wanted to wash him away. He was a rock amid the center of it all, laughing and crying all at once. It was chaos and power and everything a man could desire. It was perfect. It was perfect if not for the layer of filth that currently coated it. Like pouring oil over a pool of water it coated the Source and forced Kerrak to draw THROUGH the filth. It made something that should have been pristine, dirty. But, again, he did not care. He was NOT having, as Suede said, one of his ribs poke into something important. It was bad enough he was bleeding now.

The air immediately around him solidifies in bands around his torso, effectively staunching the blood from the pressure, and keeping him stiff and still as a board. There is pain as he does this, but at least those attempting to help him will not BEND him in a manner that would break something else inside of him. His teeth grit, and his hand rejoins Soria. That helped him force his attention away from the filthy joy of being alive, to peering intently at those around him."

"The tailor is right. What IS it with this damned place and fire." The words are forced through gritted teeth, a croaking whisper directed to those that hold him. "But if you are going to burn this place, I demand you grab at least one coat and a matching hat." The smile he forces is weak as well, and he spears Glenn with a look. From him to Rhaena standing beyond. It is inscrutable, but then the man nods ever so slightly. "Take me to the Remedium before I bleed out, if you would."

Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:25 am

And then -- she lets him down easily back to the floor, finally seeing the wounds. Yet another near-deadly mistake in a night of sheer, fool folly, another way she has proven she's nothing more than she ever was: this, a destroyer, not of things that are evil as she has so desired, but things that are good. It makes her dirty, it makes her evil herself, no better than the rest; a bare flash to something Ignas Demonsbane said, something she'd punched him for so hard he spat blood -- and her eyes flash to the dead servants, to the too-still woman who'd served her sandwiches while she was here not bare days before.

All of this is her doing. It doesn't matter if Kerrak is a traitor or not, because, oh, Glenn's words aside, she tastes that word in her own throat now, and she doesn't even have the excuse of being demon-swain.

Her gaze moves to Rhaena, to Glenn, for information, for confirmation, for anything -- before she looks back down to Kerrak.

"The drow-fecker's right." A look to Suede. "I'd tell you to get a doctor if I could trust you as far as I could throw you." Alexsei is busy; you can't expect Rhaena to staunch a wound with her bare hands. "If he's innocent, we'll need the doc. I'm the fastest runner -- I can get back with the doc in the time it takes us to get him outside and set to ride a cart all the way down to the Rememdium. I'll go if Glenn gives the okay."

And with that, she lays Kerrak back down so he can see the room, and crouches in front of him. "Fire purifies; you know that better than any," she says, and there's a flicker of terrible regret in her eyes before she reaches out for her own sword in the next, just in case her worst suspicions are confirmed.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:36 am

Rhaena has no intention of staying in that mind any longer than she has to. Once she has the information they needed, once she is convinced that the man is not simply going to will himself to death, she is gone.

Back in the room, the woman's eyes regain their focus though she doesn't bother to look around her. She was tired, very tired, but there was still more to do, Glenn Burnie's wishes clear enough to Rhaena. Kerrak and Agnieszka were before her and that was where she focused. "It's alright, Agnie." Rhaena said quietly. Then her gaze flickered to Kerrak. "I can make sure you don't bleed out on the way to the Rememdium." She'd wanted to heal that wound first, before any of this, but Glenn had judged the information to be more necessary - and he was probably right. But now that al'Nerun was conscious, she'd do only as much as necessary to keep him alive.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:05 am

"Kerrak's with us. We're in this together." He was on their side as much as he was on anyone's at least. This, a general declaration. Rhaena was safe (and Glenn was giving her what strength he could). Kerrak had been pulled back from the brink. Suede was... well, he was Suede, really, and there were always possibilities there but so many more risks. Aleksei would provide quite the distraction to him, though. Perhaps he and Jirai both. 'His friend,' who called him 'the tailor.' Suede Roschen likely didn't have very many people who weren't out to kill him. Perhaps there was an invitation, of sorts, long overdue.

His gaze went back around the room quickly. "Agnie." No jokes, no agony, nothing of the sort. Instead, a nod for the headless body. "Cut off its hand. Even if we burn the rest, you're going to need that. Are you on decent terms with Kacela?" They needed that thing tracked and she was the uppity, mangy creature to do it. "Work it out with Aleksei which of you is on better terms with her, and then, deliver that hand and a brief summary of the situation. Leave my name out of it." Wait, they hadn't seen what he had. "The head," to Agnie, to Aleksei, to Suede even. "It CRAWLED away." Still, he was giving out orders already. To everyone but Rhaena. He was rather born for this, to boss people around liberally. Also, if he was going to send someone after the... the head, best it be someone he found expendable, like the werewolf. They might even cut off a finger of it and give it to someone else, one of the dragons, maybe. He'd ask Agnie if she had any ideas later. "Aleksei, past... a potential neutralization option, you're shifted off of the Catch situation," for he had every intention of giving Cinnabar a chance to deal with that, and wanted to keep the silver-haired man FAR, FAR from this. "I need you and your expertise on this matter." He nodded though. Aleksei could take care of the body, past the hand. "I trust in your judgment in what can be kept here and what must be destroyed, but do burn the rest of the body." Compromise between Agnie, Kerrak, and Aleksei, then.

"Kerrak, we're going to get you to the Remedium now. I'm sorry about your servants. I'm sorry that your peace has been disturbed. We'll squeeze some justice out of this, together, or at least.. finality." And after that, if he wanted it all ended, then Glenn's blade would pierce his heart, gladly. "The carriage Rhaena has been using isn't far." Though, for discretion's sake, they hadn't parked it exactly in front either. It made sense Agnie wouldn't think of that. Carts were much more quickly on the mind of dirt-farmer girls, after all.

And now, finally, his unfaltering tone seemed to waver. "Roschen, then. Oh, I don't know. You tell me and quickly. While we exit, if you please. Let's leave Aleksei to his work and get Kerrak to where he might best make it through the night alive." Then almost as an afterthought, to the tailor. "You're not riding in the carriage with us, no matter what."

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:36 am

Aleksei glances at Kerrak and raises an eyebrow. "I.. wasn't planning on burning the whole building. There are purification rituals..." He watches Suede for a moment. Trying to assess the motivations of a crazy man was.. difficult. But he had too much to do to get into into a a staring match with Suede. So he moves over to the man and reaches down to take the mace, assuming no one stops him he'll hook . He felt it was important for some reason, and it if wasn't it could be dealt with later.

"Glenn, a hand might be overkill. His boots will be enough. We can take them both. Agnie, could you please get them while I convert the circle to take care of the body? If you feel that it is absolutely needed, grab a hand as well." For his part he kneels on the floor and starts sketching additional runes on the circle. He just glances at Glenn when he is reassigned to this case and shrugs, glancing at Agnie, "Sounds like you are stuck with me for a little while."

Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:35 am

"Of course I'm right." To both Agnie and Kerrak. "When people actually stop their base accusations and listen they tend to notice it." The one about drow is pointedly ignored after he rolls his eyes away from the little group. The tailor steps away from the body and mace as Aleksei approaches to work. "His boots are going to reek of his feet, I doubt the head smells quite the same as smelly socks. At least do the shirt."

And Glenn wanted his input, but the tailor only shrugged a shoulder as he moved towards the mapmaker and his woman. "Well I'd only come to see about a hat and to offer some advice to this little war council as for fun. Really, that's all gone to hell and with Kerrak awake he can probably give you as good a story of what happened as I could. I -could- be tempted to help you shore up your situation, or even to help you get a head on things. But you do tend to enjoy slandering my name a bit too much."

He walked towards the door and held it open for those who wished to lead, smiling softly. "You wouldn't know if I were in the carriage, Glenn."

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:42 am

There is a glance towards Agnieszka. Of course Kerrak knew all about the purifying nature of Flame and Fire. Gods above, he DID prefer it as a method of removing things. The comment had been meant as a joke, though apparently it had been a poor one considering his (and the general) condition. But then he's lain back down and he can only sigh. Unfortunately he can't keep himself levitated or anything of that nature with the Power, but at least he can keep himself straight yet. In anycase, he stops listening to the conversations going on around him. He needs the time to focus on staying alive and holding onto what he was holding onto. It would seem that no one had really noticed, so that was a minor blessing.

It was too bad that he could sense everything much more clearer than before as well. Sense and Hear and Taste. Taste the blood in the air, hear the scraping of whatever Aleksei was using to write upon the ground, smell the corruption and stink of Jons. It was all a bit much.
"The undershirt. Under his coat. Jons... liked to smear his coats with something... Keeps the scent down. Bastard was hard to track." Though a hand would probably have worked too. As long as whatever animal they were giving it too didn't try to eat the thing. You could never quite tell what a beast would eat.

"And bring the box Suede left if you would. If it is what I think it is..." And Kerrak mumbles something generally incomprehensible, then offers a weak smile. It'd be best if he just shut himself up now and keep his mind on not blowing everyone up.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:49 am

To Aleksei, first: "Christoph said to burn it. We don't have to burn down the whole building if you don't think it's necessary, but the body, the clothes, and the floorboards where the blood's been spilled. And we'll take his shirt and his hand. Whatever Kacela can't use, we find the nearest fireplace."

And then she stands and looks up at Glenn, reworking her hand on the hilt of her blade. It's obvious she's completely disgusted, but she manages to mutter something about "cutting off the Thesshole's balls first," before turning back to swipe up the box. She'll open it, take whatever's inside if possible, and if it's nothing too scandalous she'll hand it to the folks headed for the carriage if possible. "Need this," she says, throwing the box on the ground next to the hand. And then, to match her short, curt words so far, she looks at Kerrak. "Don't die," she says. "This shit was my fault. Couldn't see the forest for the trees." And people died. Her gaze flickers to the fallen servants. "I'll make it better. Kill 'em all."

And with that she turns back to the body and kneels down beside it, well within Aleksei's protective chalk circles. "Now off with you all, so we can get on with it."

Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:09 pm

He just gives Agnie a look, trying not to be too obvious about it. Woman has had a hard couple of days, so he just leaves it be. As soon as she is done, he etches the final run around the body and steps back. Mentally, he counts back from ten, and the body bursts into flames. The fire doesn't feel hot to those near by, but he is keeping a safe distance from the flames. A look around the room.. then he apologizes softly under his breath, and picks up the bodies of the dead servants, tossing them in the purification circle to burn with the body of Jons. He was not happy with burning all the bodies, but he really didn't have a choice.

Carpet.. rugs, even the flooring that might have Jons' blood on it, ripping up and tossed on the fire with the rest of it.

Then he is ready to go with the rest of them.
Post a reply