To the Men and Women of the Order of Straka

To the Men and Women of the Order of Straka

Postby Rattrap » Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:13 pm

To the men and woman of the Order of Straka:

Most, if not all of you, should know by now that I have been appointed captain. While it may cause some confusion, especially concerning rank, it might help to simply note this: my partner and I were looking at promotion for nearly the past month and a half now, yet every chance that our former Captain Kanashia had, something tried to kill him.

To those of you who have accepted this, you have my gratitude. It's certainly hard enough as it is without the stress of control issues. To which I again, address - I was not appointed for nothing. There was no 'right place at the right time' - I was chosen specifically by Alexander Kanashia and the council over others. Is that not how captains come about?

I've pledged my services to the Order of Straka for well over four years, now. And I plan on continuing to do so. I unfortunately won't be able to throw any sort of celebration much like Alexander Kanashia's. It is also unfortunate that we've lost two captains in such a short time. I can only ask that you try to adjust. I'll repeat myself - it's as hard enough as it is without this becoming a conflict.

To which I address to Lieutenant Kilborn, as he seems elusive enough to need a public announcement to get a hold of him:

I'm sure that you, most of all, are unhappy with the decision of placing me as captain of the guard. It's twice now, that you've been put up for the job - and again, twice you have not obtained it. But whatever anger, whatever animosity you might have towards me for it - I need you to drop it. Now. I can't be having people going behind my back, not now. It simply won't work.

I won't deny that the work you're doing is excellent. But I can't have a mutiny. Myrkenwood won't survive it. And this 'I only answer to Lt. Kilborn' I seem to be getting in answer to my inquiries does nothing other than leave questions in that very direction.

We need to talk. At the earliest possible time.

On another matter, there is a man who assaulted me with probable intentions of doing the same to Gad Phuri. His description is attached below; he is to be brought in with whatever force is necessary. Lethal, if it has to be. He certainly didn't have any whims about putting us out of action. I don't want to send anybody searching for him - we have more worrisome things to focus on.

Nonetheless, he is to be arrested on sight.

- Signed, on this eve of June 4th,
Captain Thomas Daniels

( OOC: Insert in 'attached description' the description of Rance's Audmathus. So that any guards know who they're looking for. )
Rattrap

Postby Tyralor » Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:26 pm

Via a hastily penned missive.

Corporal Thomas Daniels.

Been busy running Order. Will meet when opportunity presents itself.

Lieutenant Joshua Kilborn.

Well. At least he replied?
Tyralor

Postby Rattrap » Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:05 pm

Lack of action. It was the reason he had been appointed as captain - the other candidates had shown too much lack of action.

Thomas wore a frown, looking at the note. Why now? Why all of a sudden? If Kilborn had shown this much initiative before, he'd damn well likely be the captain himself. What exactly was he trying to prove?

...hopefully that would have to sort itself out. He would simply trust the lieutenant, if for no other reason than the fact that somebody hadn't promoted him there for nothing.

Except for the somewhat annoying circumstances surrounding it, it *did* give the captain a chance to focus on the Baie. Which was, in all actuality, quite helpful. The trap needed a little more planning. It was a fairly simple design, but it was tried and true. All they needed now was a trapee.
Rattrap

Return to Barracks / Gaol