Request

Request

Postby Vanidor » Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:45 am

A parchment would be delivered with the morning post to the barracks hall. It was folded square, edges bent inwards to the center. A ribbon of crimson material tied it together, and the wax seal bore Burel's personal sigil. It was addressed for Lieutenant Kilborn, though that would be no surprise at all.

The man sent to deliver the message left information reguard his where-abouts for the day, and that he would be available to send a return missive to his Duke at the Lieutenant's convenience. The message contained within was short, and to the point, as was Burel's style.

Lieutenant Kilborn,

Greetings. I hope things find you well, dispite the insanity that has managed to worm its way around our lovely province of Myrken. If you have the time, I would like to arriange a meeting with you, and if possible, your Captain. This is not a formal thing, so set your mind at ease, I just wish a short conversation with yourself, and the Captain, if possible. If Captain Daniels is not available for this little get together, invite Lieutenant Duvall, or anyone else of the Orders Officer corp if you wish. I will probably need the word of two of you, if certain issues are to be resolved.

Oh. Just a question. You would not happen to know the names of any good carpenters in the township, would you? Nine-thousand men with me, and not a one of them can make a half-way decent chair to save their lives. You would think that some of them would have the skill, somewhere. I would be much obliged if you could send along word on that.

Yours

Burel Tassnehof
Duke of Thessilane

One should always be drunk. That's all that matters... But with what? With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you chose. But get drunk. - Charles Baudelaire

Vanidor

Return to Barracks / Gaol