Agitation

Re: Agitation

Postby BlakeCaplin » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:28 am

"We will worry about what to do with her once we gets these wounds closed. For now, she needs our help and that is what we shall give her."

As Gloria groused about Catch and the horses, Blake simply furrowed his brow at her. There were more important things, life. He had spent so long taking, now it was time to give back. It was all that mattered now.

"Humans are cruel, Gloria. If they can not find another human to torment, an animal will do just as well."

Even as he spoke the words he was pouring the scalding water over his hands, cleaning off the mud. trying to make them clean enough to work on the cat's wounds. His shirt is removed and torn into strips, the truly dirty parts thrown to the side. It was cold, and it was horrid to be without covering, but this creature needed help. More water poured over a patch of cloth, and he turns to start cleaning the wound, when he sees her.

Apparently his instincts had been correct, because what lay on the stable floor now was definitely human. And definitely female. Without the fur, Blake could clearly see the wounds now. The wound in her shoulder was brutal, part of the dagger still embedded in it. A short sound with his tongue, though not a word was said about the transformation.

"Gloria, give me the knife"

He reached for it, took it from her without waiting for her to respond. She must have seen the cat become what appeared to be human, as she had been stroking its fur. Still, the knife was taken before she had time to react, and there was a gentle wiping of the wound before the knife bit into flesh, seeking to remove the metal from her skin.
BlakeCaplin

Postby Rance » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:38 pm

After he took the knife, the transgression, she hoped, might be excused: that, as she watched the beast's coat seemed to change, heard the shifting, slipping of bones, the sucking-in of muscles and how it twisted into others, all of her adrenaline and fear backfired. A palm pressed against her mouth, only enough to turn herself away, before she vomited. Not much, but a heave mostly of spittle, disgusted at the abruptness of the shift.

'"I am sorry," she said, muffling her mouth against her sleeve after spitting several times, a long splatter of mud drying on her brow. She stood several feet away from the crumpled, naked cha'har-turned-woman, her quivering hands having a hard time working thread through needle, the sour taste in her mouth never alleviated no matter how many times she swallowed.

Blake began to work at the wounds with a blade-tip. Tears made a misty wall in her vision. Phlegm clogged her throat. The girl squatted down over the human woman, daring to brush the skin of her cheek with the back of her fingers before she shook her head through the compassion, and awaited with needle and thread to do what must be done. She had sewn wounds before, had sewn her own wounds -- the Mother Sempstress taught them well at stitches for the quickness of efficiency and prosperity.

Over the unconscious girl, Gloria whispered, watching Blake, "Will she live," she said. "Should she be taken to the hospital? If there is a sickness in her wounds, or if there was a poison to the blade -- we do not have the right eyes, Messa Blake."
Rance
Co-Founder

Postby Greets » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:52 pm

The wound on her shoulder looks very angry with lines of red radiating from it. There is no reaction from the unconscious woman as Blake goes about his business with the knife. Her skin, though, begins to show definite signs that she is getting cold.

“Not all seek to cause harm, Kitten.”

“That’s not what I have seen, Mother.”

“You are young still. Man can be soft as well as hard. Change is on the Horizon. Do not be afraid, Little One.”

“I will try, Mother.”

“There is much you can learn from them, Little Fire. They are wise in their own way. Work diligently to learn what they are able to teach you.”

“Yes, Mother.”
Greets

Postby Dulcie » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:57 am

Janessa's pale hand hovered on the door to the stables. There were voices inside, and she didn't want to interrupt the people that it seemed had gathered within. Perhaps they were vagrants, though the healer knew that Miss Dulcie had little tolerance for that sort of thing. No, she was surely being ridiculous, she had come with one mission in mind and that was to spend an hour of her time with Jason's beautiful horse. Perhaps even it's owner would be around and she'd have time to share a few words. Perhaps he was one of the voices. Her hand hovered another minute and she'd get up the nerve to go inside, hoping that her presence wouldn't be too disruptive to the other patrons and riders.

The door would be pulled open barely more than a crack, just enough for the slight healer to ease her way through. She was still dressed in her clothes from the Rememdium, a simple white gown with a thick navy cloak layered over it. Her long red hair was braided carefully down her back in a thick, single braid that swung only slightly with her delicate steps. She'd pause no more than a few steps in as she blinked surveying the scene. There was vomit on the floor, a naked woman, and a man leaning over the woman with a knife. The naked girl was wounded, and quite clearly harmed. There were so many details to process, the first of which was trying to determine if the man with the knife intended to help or harm the naked girl.

She'd take a few more steps forward, taking in a deep, nerve steeling breath.

"The young lady is injured. I'm a healer, please, let me see to her wounds." She'd wait then. If the man with the knife intended to do harm surely she would be his next target, and she'd need her wits about her then.
Dulcie

Postby BlakeCaplin » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:56 pm

It all came together in such a rush. Gloria wanted to get her to the hospital. The woman did not flinch when the blade entered her flesh, which could only be a bad sign. And then there was Janessa from the remedium. A woman who could honestly help. It would stop him from using skills that he was not supposed to possess in front of anyone besides Gloria.

He fishes the broken tip of the dagger from the wound, quickly pressing another piece of his shirt over the wound. there is a look to Janessa, a nod of his head.

"We could sure use the help, Miss. She's wounded pretty bad. I got the bit of knife out that was still there, but it looks infected to me, and I have no way to know if the blade was poisoned. She has wounds around her neck too. there was...a collar."

He gestures toward the yard where they had left it discarded.

"I am not sure taking her to the remedium is a good idea, Miss. You see, she's special. She wasn't quite like this when we found her. I don't want her to hurt anyone."
BlakeCaplin

Postby Greets » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:46 am

Her breathing gradually evens out and cames now in a long even cadence. She hears voices again, the girl and the man and a new voice – female by the pitch. She scents the air and gets nothing but horse. Her senses are severely dulled. No wonder they act out so much. Poor things, never to know the riches of scents around them. She opens her eyes and sees little more than stall walls and the hay strewn floor.

She is cold. This is not normal.

The pain around her neck has abated so she can tell the collar is gone. Her shoulder still hurts but not nearly as bad as it did. She slowly sits up, this new center of gravity wreaking havok with her balance. An outside might think her drunk were they not aware of her recent transformation. She manages to get to her hands and knees and rests there for a few moments with her head hanging. The wound between her shoulders is clearly displayed. It is nothing more than an angry red line that is rapidly vanishing, as are her many other little cuts. The damage to her shoulder shows no improvement, though it is no longer bleeding and the angry red lines are slowly receeding. Her long orange hair falls in a curtain, veiling her face. The world tilts on its axis as she does so and her eyes close as she takes a deep, calming breath. Once the world settles down again, She tries to stand, her legs as unsteady as a newborn colt. In other circumstances it may even be comical. She wins the battle with gravity and stands buck naked, her body very clearly displaying all of the halmarks of being cold and looking rather pleased with herself. Her stance wide, she holds her arms away from her body very clearly concentraing hard to balance. Once in no danger of toppeling over she looks at the assembeled individuals with piercing amber eyes.
Greets

Postby Rance » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:47 am

She felt she had brought this all on; she had been the catalyst, and it was a good enough reason to shrink back against one of the stable walls.

One of the wellsmiths was there, a miracle brought forth by the Nameless, offering help, forcing Blake to give the woman the proverbial reins of the caretaking. She clutched her muddy skirts and gnarled them in her fingers, dirty petticoats a tangle of loose, half-torn fabric, the shape of her dress all off since her tumble through the mud.

She feared the beastly woman's eyes -- that they might find her again, and that this sickening shifting of shape would not dissolve the hunger that the once-cha'har seemed to have for the bonemeats of muddy seamstresses. All was well that Janessa was there, who the girl had seen once or twice in her constant visits to the Rememdium. There was nothing else she could do; nothing else she had any knowledge or experience for.

"I should -- I should be going," she said, stepping back toward the door of the stables, garments clutched in her fingers to keep them up and away from her feet. She tried to catch Blake's eyes for a moment, and if she did, she would deliberately flick the little fold of parchment sticking from between two of the door's boards with a finger, and then mouth I am sorry, before she spun and ran off through the stable yard, one remaining boot squelching through mud.
Rance
Co-Founder

Postby Dulcie » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:09 pm

The next few minutes moved almost as quickly as the first few had. The bit of dagger was fished from the woman's shoulder and the man addressing her. A helper it seemed. She nodded her head knowingly at his assessment of what had happened, the wound did indeed look infected, and she certainly needed medical help.

"I'll see to her, and what do you mean she wasn't like this when you found her?" She'd ask gently, moving first to withdraw a small pouch of things from an interior pocket of her cloak, setting it aside before she'd unfasten the cloak away from her own body, only having finished with it's clasp when she noticed the girl was up and moving.

Careful green eyes assessed the situation, the girl was not only wavering to her feet, but her wounds were also healing on their own. The healers lips pressed together a little bit and she regarded the girl in all of her nakedness.

"Alright then Miss. Let's help you into some clothes so we can figure this all out." She'd hold her hands out in an open handed gesture to the woman, to show that she meant her no harm, opening up her cloak and offering it to the girl as clothing. It wasn't a perfect solution, but if the girl pulled it about herself it would keep her warm and free from prying eyes.

"Do understand what I'm saying Miss?" She'd wait then, the offering of clothing in hand then, her gentle features watching the young woman to see if she'd respond.
Dulcie

Postby Greets » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Greets watches the seamstress retreat, still arguing with gravity a bit. When the healer speaks to her she blinks slowly, tilting her head to one side. She looks at the proffered hand with a neutral expression. There is no indication that the naked woman comprehends a word being said. She completely ignores the offered cloak, instead watching the man and sniffing in his direction. She takes an unsteady step, balancing with her arms like a toddler. The minor movements of her arms cause the still open wound on her shoulder to complain. She turns her head to look at it and wobbles precariously. When it seems as if she might with this particular argument with gravity, it throws her a twist and she topples backwards to land squarely on her rump. Oh for the love of all that’s Sacred! I have to learn to walk *again*? She sighs, seemingly in exasperation.
Greets

Postby BlakeCaplin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:56 pm

Blake smiled a bit as Janessa seemed to take things well in hand. So when Gloria tried to race away from all of this and leave him alone with two women he did not know at all, he was quick to follow her out into the stable yard, and grab her by the arm.

"Oh no you don't. We have things to discuss when all of this is over and I will be thrice damned if I let you leave me here with them. We're in this together."

He was marching her back into the stables with him whether she liked it or not. As they returned, he saw the woman fall unceremoniously onto her behind, and almost could not stifle the chuckle that rose in his throat. It was hardly the right thing to do, but it was rather amusing to see a grown woman act as if she could not walk.

When she did not respond to Janessa, he tried the only other tongue he knew, which was the language of the deaf boy, Radi. He made a few simple signs, expressing apology and a greeting. He doubted it would work, but it was worth a try. Next he would look at Gloria expectantly.

"You try...say something to her in that language you speak when you get mad. Jernal? Jernush? Your language from home...you know."
BlakeCaplin

Postby Rance » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:12 pm

She had tried to find a quick escape, back to some reality where cha'har were not a normal discovery, where the slip of a needle underneath a fingernail was the only pain that threatened to find her. Blake had her when she thought she was free, twisting her around, dragging her back with an authority that made her flatten her eyebrows and stomp with him in obvious displeasure.

"We can talk another time. My belly aches. Did you see what happened to her," she said. "I have things I need to do." The trail of her skirts dragging through the mud and grass, her arm occasionally jerking, trying to dislodge itself from his grasp. When they were back in the stables, she finally managed to find her freedom, and crossed her plump arms with displeasure just above her stomach. Eyes danced from Wellsmith Janessa trying to get the teetering girl to speak, back to Blake, and then finally to the once-cha'har.

"Jernoan," she said to Blake, corrective, abrupt.

With her muddy palms thrown in the air, the girl took up her skirts in her fists and marched a few feet closer, before she squatted beside Janessa, her stare on the fallen girl.

The words were low and eccentric, her voice dipping into deep troughs and rising at odd times, occasionally an oddly-placed breath interrupting the language: "D'sa arjot Glour'eya, en eme per'airida do at'chem, do at'chem Jh'erno -- ed shar'at? Ed shar'at," a timid attempt to communicate, the tears not yet dried in the corner of her eyes, a shaking bare hand crawling across the floor in an attempt to reach out, to touch.
Rance
Co-Founder

Postby Dulcie » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:18 pm

The girl tottered over like a toddler would and Janessa would watch the whole thing with careful eyes, noting the steps, the fall, the way that mark on her shoulder still seemed to cause the girl pain. The naked young woman would end up on her bottom and Janessa would make her way over to her, kneeling in front of the girl, cloak still in hand. Her movements would be slow and gently, moving to try to wrap the cloak around the girl's body if she didn't move away first. If she were successful Janessa would simply release the cloak and lean back on her heels and wait a moment.

From behind her there was some talk and trained ears would catch a few key details, her head turning towards the pair and the woman that was trying to escape the scene. "What happened to her Miss? I need to know everything. Did you find her here naked or was something else amiss? She's walking as if she's never walked before, which means that perhaps she hasn't, which could mean a great number of things, or that there is something else wrong with her that is stopping her from walking. Anything that either of you know can help me with her healing."
Dulcie

Postby Greets » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:58 pm

The naked woman watches Blake sign impassively with no indication of understanding. She begins to shiver, sitting as she is in the hay and dirt. Sliding her feet close, she wraps her arms around her knees. She watches the healer impassively as she approaches and drapes the cloak about her shoulders. Heh, replacement fur… she thinks to herself as she begins to warm up. When the seamstress speaks, she perks up and her full attention falls squarely on the filthy woman. She struggles to her feet careful to keep hold of the cloak, this time a little less awkward. A smile brightens her plain features. Finally, words I recognize!

“Par'le do Fira. Abbok k'a oba, Glour'eya."

Greets takes a few tottering steps towards the filthy seamstress then stops. Completely ignoring the healer again, she reaches out to touch Gloria.

“Da’lo?” She asks and points at the ground.
Greets

Postby Rance » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:08 pm

Contact was made. The fingers, she feared, would have been violent -- clawing for her, trying to rend her as anvil-sized paws might -- but when their skin touched, the seamstress's natural reflex was to cover the other girl's hand with hers, to ease, to offer some manner of comfort.

Gloria turned her head to Janessa, and said, "I do not know, wellsmith. I came to deliver something. I have a fear of horses, and thought that I might combat it by being curious of them. And when I came in, there was a thing that had been hurt. Bloodied." Her other hand, gloved, drenched in mud, motioned to the cloak-draped woman. "A -- A cha'har," she said, word in another tongue replaced for its Standard phrase. "A beast with fire-colored hair and charcoal stripes. She came for me, vicious, and I was very afraid. But Messa Caplin intervened, and I was grateful. We brought her in here when she was unconscious, and then this. You see?"

The young seamstress with the staccato words offered Janessa enough of a smile to show the gap in her bottom row of teeth, then said: "Blake may tell you more -- I was incensed with fear, a stupid girl, but he is far more logical about these things."

Then, squatting there in a ruined dress and mud-drenched underskirts, she motioned the once-cha'har closer to her, as if offering an arm of warmth. "Arl a do g'szarrg Myrken Wood. Myrken Wood," she said again, speaking the name slowly, deliberately to the once-tiger. "'Emso nar'da Gloria, harrek hu'at s'yaret el or'oop."

For all the good progress she had made being a fine Myrkener the past weeks, being a good Jerno seemed far more important. It was as permanent as ink, a history as pungent as her tarsweat.

Turning to Blake, to Janessa, the seamstress asked: "Where will she stay? She should be out of these stables. If she speaks my tongue, then these horses will not make her feel any more welcome."
Rance
Co-Founder

Postby Greets » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:23 am

Greets allows Gloria to take her hand and seems to ponder things while the seamstress continues to talk. Cha’har…I have heard that word before too. She lets her attention wander, looking at her surroundings. These individuals seem to be made of different stuff than the last. They are not hurting just to hurt. Perhaps they are good. The Mother seems to think they are. She is rarely wrong. Put trust in The Mother. She snaps back to the here and now as Gloria moves again.

Greets makes no further movements, but listens while Gloria continues to speak. Myrken Wood. I will see more of this place. When the seamstress asks her not to eat her she smiles. “Nar'da Gloria. Gloria klei mah’alar peg’zh ig.” Your mother was woefully lax in teaching you good manners. Your filth would bring a carrion hunter to earn a quick meal. This thought she kept to herself. No need to ruffle fur any more.

“Ju’elor?” She asks pointing to Blake and the healer.
Greets

PreviousNext

Return to The Stables