Letters by Lantern-Light

Letters by Lantern-Light

Postby Rance » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Sitting in the front of the stables, a motionless sentinel in the night, the Crawl Moon had forgotten that a seamstress was even there. The chilly steel of Noura's knife sat lodged in her boot, its handle a bulge beneath the folds of her skirt. Her tin lantern flickered nearby, as, with a four-fingered hand, she scraped little notes on leaflets of Darkenhold paper.

Come morning, there were three folded missives laying just within the stable, slid in like secrets under the stable doors.

Noura,

I know that you are sad because of the wolve and because I let it go, I hope you are not angry at me too much. I know it was not the little thing you wanted but I thought maybe it would be a fine kindness to extend it, it was very scarred of me and also I was very scarred of it. You have not got anything to be sorry for, it will be very good at taking care of itself.

Also sometimes it is very easy to get lonely, I know that my skin is not the same, but when you sleep in the loft with Cherny and Son and I do not it is very hard not to think I am missing a great deal of fun or laughter or I do not even know, but I cannot stay there, I do not like the rats I see all of those torn-up body parts and those deers pieces when I close my eyes,

I cannot always stay with Mister Catch he is not always affible about it and also he is sometimes implackible so maybe you could stay with me sometimes? I have got books and also a very strong lamp when I lite all three tapors in it, if you are imajintive at night you can hold your hands like so over it and make skorpeons or elemfints on the ceiling and that is sometimes more amusing to do with a friend. Or maybe you may sit outside with me at night like now to make sure nobody gets in the stables at my friends.

Do you remember what I said about my hands? about holding them and nobody does it? That would be nice,

Your friend,
Glour'eya

Son,

I know that you got that wolf because Noura had thought it would be a baby, I think she was feeling very responsable about saving Cherny but needing to kill a thing and that is a struggle a conflict which must be very confusing. Anyway, please be carful about her heart and also yours, I do not know much about hearts but I do know much about my friends, of which you are one.

Also I have got many fears in my mind, we ought to talk about things I have seen, regarding your boots and some other such maters, I imagine you will get angry but we may do the things with my eyes again where I look at you and I will say it is alright Son.

Your friend,
Glour'eya

Cherny,

I have not got very much that I can say other than there is no thing worst in this world than argueing, I know that you feel very fulner vulnorible but you have said something about promisses I can't keep, but I can, I will be as powerful as a double-human if I must to make sure you are well, or even three times of a person, for I have not got too many things I do well at all except be very glad you are my brother. That is some thing which I believe I do with adamants and vigur.

I am not stupid and nither are Son and Noura, it is just a mess like you said. Anyway you ought to be having sweet dreams and I will do everything to keep you well.

Your sister,
Glour'eya
Rance
Co-Founder

Return to The Stables