To one Councilor; to all Councilors.

To one Councilor; to all Councilors.

Postby channe » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:52 pm

A letter run by messenger-boy to a particular elven residence.

Mr. Goldenhair,

That was no gift.

Please meet me at your earliest convenience. If you saw what I think you saw, you no doubt have questions. I urge you to hear me out; I no longer have tolerance for Councilors who make uninformed decisions.

Sincerely,
Helstone

---

To His Honour Aston Jylan Aldred, Councilor of Defence and Civil Security; to His Honour Rondeau Spier, Councilor of Commerce and Trade; to His Honour Aloisius Treadwell, Councilor of Administrative Sanctions, and to His Honour Vanidor Goldenhair, Councilor of Agriculture. Also, to Captain Aeryn Karolinger of the Brotherhood of Janeiro:

Councilor Treadwell has called a meeting -- and some of you gentlemen, I imagine, have not yet been introduced. It is far past time.

We have matters to discuss, and a public to take care of.

Sincerely,
Coriolanus Helstone
Governor of Myrken Wood

---

And, posted to the missing tailor's shop door:

Roschen.
Come see me.
It would really be in your best interest.

--H

No real signature; just the Governor's seal.

(OOC: poll forthcoming on good meeting dates.)
channe

Two replies!

Postby Vanidor » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:20 pm

To: Coriolanus Helstone, Governor of Myrken Wood, ect
From: Vanidor Goldenhair, Alor of Myrkesdardazoira, Myrken Wood Councilor of Agriculture, Defender of the Hart, ect

Governor there are many things we need to speak about of course, such as what course thou wouldst wish me do with the onset of spring and the harvest. However, as I do see it, that would not be the reason that thou didst send this missive to me. If it is my knownledge of the Drow that is sought, so be it, I will gladly dispense upon thee my knownledge.

And we can both decide upon when to have this next meeting, yes? It has been some time since the last, and that did go on for quite some time with nothing actually happening.

Vanidor Goldenhair.

-------------------------------------------

The next letter came from the Barracks almost as swiftly as it came, as if the man was -waiting- for such a thing to come his way. It was without preamble or any such thing, as such it was simply an agreement that it was time for such a thing to transpire.

Helstone! It's about fucking time we did have another meeting. There is the matter of funds that need to be transferred into the Brotherhood's coffers as we did no recieve our pay for the last month. Ah! But no matter. Do let me know when, and I will arrange for guards to shield the place against what mortal foe we can.

Worry not. I will be there as well, I do no plan to make any excursion into the wilderness with my soldiers again for a short while.

Aeryn Karolinger, Captain.

One should always be drunk. That's all that matters... But with what? With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you chose. But get drunk. - Charles Baudelaire

Vanidor

Postby channe » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:42 pm

The man just doesn't stop writing letters, it seems.

---

Mr. Goldenhair,

The spring will be fairly kind to us, I trust. I grew up in the city, and have very little practical experience regarding the cultivation of crops; however, we have a pressing, pressing need for this season to be excellent on all counts after the few years of famine that have occurred. What you wish to do to help, then, is up to you; I might advise you to get in contact with Ariel O'Cynen or the Merryfields, as they seem to be centers of the agricultural community, and see what kind of assistance they need to make this happen. We cannot afford another bad year.

It is not knowledge of the drow so much as an assurance on your part that I work only for the advancement of Myrken Wood. If I have that kind of assurance from you, we can go straight to larger matters.

Sincerely,
Coriolanus Helstone

---

Lord Aldred,

Can you please check into the matter of late Brotherhood pay? Karolinger says the compensation for January is overdue, and it is important that we keep up on the contract. Consult with Treadwell, of course, if you need to.

We'll meet soon. My regards to your lady wife and family.

Sincerely,
Coriolanus Helstone

---

Captain Karolinger,

I wasn't aware you hadn't been paid. I apologize. Grant me a little patience this time to remedy that; with a new Council, we're still ironing out the kinks.

My thanks again for all that you do.

Sincerely,
Coriolanus Helstone.
channe

Postby Kylerryth » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:00 am

Falan Isham Huntington, the young ward of the Lord of Aldred, and his two guards -- Adlem and Hubert -- would have quite the ride today. For there were messages to be delivered, one to the Governor and one to the Captain of the Brotherhood. Falan and his guards were given heavy wool cloaks to fend off the cold, of course -- despite the sun being out, the wind still had the freezing bite of the North.

First they went by the Governor's office.

To His Honour Coriolanus Helstone, the Governor of Myrken Wood:

Verily, it is past time; I should like to meet my fellow Councilors. Simply inform me of the precise date and time we shall meet and I will be there. Too, I have a matter I wish to discuss; but I will reserve it for the hearing.

Consider also the matter of the Brotherhood's coffers resolved, Governor.

Ever at your service,
[indent]Aston J. Aldred
Lord of Aldred, Councilor of Defence & Civil Security[/indent]

Then, on to the barracks, where they requested a brief audience with the Captain.

To the Captain of the Brotherhood of Janeiro, Aeryn Karolinger:

Hail to you, Captain, and to your men! While we have not yet met, I assure you we will be introduced at the upcoming hearing.

As the new Councilor of Defence and Civil Security -- but more importantly, as a citizen of Myrken Wood -- I was grieved indeed to hear from the Governor about the Brotherhood's coffers being lacking in sufficient monies. I apologize for the oversight on my behalf, though I would be more inclined to call it ignorance -- verily, I was not aware of the state of affairs, and was told by the Governor I will be informed of a great deal, and soon rather than late. It shall not happen again.

However, to assuage any feelings and with the hope that it will be an amount sufficient enough to provide for the Brotherhood, I have ordered the following to be delivered from my personal coffers to the barracks under guard and care of two hundred of my best men:

• [i]250,000 shillings, for the upkeep of the barracks and its men -- food, clothing, and equipment especially;
  • and an additional 500,000 shillings, to recompense for previous lack of pay and to establish a foundation for the coming months.

I believe this will be enough for now, Captain, but do inform me with all haste should the Brotherhood require emergency funds. Unfortunately this sort of charity on my behalf may be limited, as I do have estates and a family of my own to care for; but I will speak with Councilor Treadwell and see to it that the Brotherhood is never again without.

Ever at your service,
[indent]Aston J. Aldred
Lord of Aldred, Councilor of Defence & Civil Security[/indent][/i]

Soon after the Captain read the letter, a number of covered carts and horsemen clad in the blue-and-gold of Aldred would arrive at the barracks' gates bearing exactly what the Councilor said they would: money; and a lot of it.
I'll either find a way or make one.
Kylerryth

Return to Myrken Wood Meetinghouse