For the Governor's Attention.

For the Governor's Attention.

Postby Cinnabar » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:35 am

Delivered to the interim Meetinghouse on Haberdashers' Row comes a straightforward missive. A single sheet of good-quality paper, carefully folded to form its own envelope and sealed with a blob of common candlewax bearing a single thumbprint. Marked for the Governor's attention in an elegant hand which matches the lines of flowing copperplate within.

Governor Helstone,

Though I am a relative newcomer to Myrken Wood, I cannot help but observe that all is not well in Myrkentown. I have heard many accounts of worrisome happenings from various of the townsfolk, and have encountered the tragic aftermath of one such event myself, not two days ago.

I hope that you do not think it too forward of me, but I would humbly request a meeting between us - at a time and location convenient to you, as your duties and obligations permit - in order that we may discuss any assistance I might be able to offer in this matter.

I can be contacted at the estate of Tempestro Starr (the large house behind the smithy), and look forward to your reply.

Your servant

Cinnabar Calomel
Cinnabar

Postby Carnath-Emory » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:00 am

In a moment of exceedingly ugly coincidence, it is accompanied by a second. Of lesser quality, sadly, and penned with far less lovely a hand, but Myrken's Governor must have learned to expect such crudeness by now. In any case, it reads quite simply:

[indent]Governor,

We speak at your nearest opportunity on the matter of Hrimfahks, furthermore I am given word and warning that is best suited for your ears.

Ariane Emory

[/INDENT]
Carnath-Emory

Postby channe » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:10 am

Two letters sent back -- not with all haste, of course, but promptly enough -- folded nicely, set in real envelopes and sealed with the Governor's seal:

Mr. Calomel,

Yes, sir, I will hear you, especially as I am aware of Tempestro Starr and his previous assistance rendered to Myrken Wood in its time of need.

I will put you on the list for expected guests at the Meetinghouse this evening and the next few; more than that I cannot promise until we meet. I am a busy man, sir, perhaps because of some of the things you mentioned in your letter, and I say that not to put you off -- but be prepared to make your case succinctly so we may proceed directly to solutions.

Sincerely,
Coriolanus Helstone
Governor, Myrken Wood

Miss Carnath-Emory,

I do hope the beast is not ill; while we have stablemen well-versed in equine illness, Hrimfax needs -- as you will agree -- a different kind of veterinarian, one that I am not sure Myrken Wood can provide.

We have not always agreed with everything in the past, Miss Carnath-Emory, but I know you do not bring your warnings lightly. Be assured your words will recieve not a light hearing but one with all due consideration. Please come see me as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Coriolanus Helstone
Governor.
channe

Return to Myrken Wood Meetinghouse