A Belated message

A Belated message

Postby Sherazade » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:47 am

It had taken her awhile to even reach out to contact the governor... for once finding out why she was in myrken she had taken to hunting her quarry before the trail could cool and yet there was nothing... no sign of the murderer of children......

A sigh pushed past lips of pale blush tinted fawn and she picked up her quill dipped it in the ink... she would wait no longer for Treadwell to make introductions she must make herself known to the governor before she had to return to her estates... for in this way she may make some arrangement for Taeran.

Governor Helstone,
Forgive the forwardness of this missive but my attempts to arrange a formal introduction through an aquaintance we share have not come to fruitition. I am a hunter of things most would prefer to believe but myth, fragments of legends and yes even the fevered birthings of deranged minds. I was drawn here to myrken by fragmented dreams that offered little clue as to their purpose and yet i felt compelled to return to this place i once visited over a year earlier.

Forgive me i begin to ramble in an attempt to order my thoughts. my purpose in this missive is to arrange a meeting ... certain conversations with deziens of myrken have led to but a single conclusion on what has been taking myrkens children and i beleive i am more than qualified to take care of this problem. However since the trail is currently cold for which i am both thankful and yet and worried i believe we should meet... you see i shall soon have to return to my estates and you should know for whom to send should it return and begin preying on the most innocent among us again.

At your earliest convience.
A. Demarshay
It was signed with an elegant flourish and curious seal a pentagram set into a wooden spike.

fine sand was scattered over the parchment to dry it before it was lifted and those grains shaken free. Rolling the parchment she tied it with a black ribbon and moved to the door of the rom she was renting at the neliquele estate

"Take this to the governor and make certain he knows where to send the reply"

She pressed several coins into the messangers hand and then retreated to her room she should rest now for soon the night would come and she would continue a hunt that had so far proven fruitless
Words of wisdom for life

Sleep i forget what that is *laughs*
Sherazade

Postby channe » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:07 am

Mr. Demarshay,

You may come see me on Tuesday night at seven in the evening. Announce yourself at the front. I assume this is a serious inquiry; if you are playing, you will be summarily ejected from the Meetinghouse.

C. Helstone
Governor of Myrken Wood.
channe

Amused

Postby Sherazade » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:54 am

Laughter spilled from Alexis's lips as she read the governors response upon returning from another nights fruitless hunting. "Mr DeMarshay" more laughter followed as she shook her head "well that will teach me to make myself clearer and use my title" Note was then placed on her bedside table and she stretched out on the bed intent on getting a few hours sleep.

Evening was starting to stain the sky sunset staining the blue sky in a profusion of blush and firey hues, when Alexis finally awoke and rose from the bed. It took her only moments to make herself ready for the coming meeting and then she was moving out the door. Stable was reached and she saddled the horse she had arranged to borrow, surprisingly there had even been a sidesaddle available, and it was with some amusement she used this for it had been awhile since she had ridden as "a true lady" her grandfather often put it that way.

Right on time she would be drawing the horse to a stop outside the meeting house, and dismounting with grace that had not gone rusty for such things.
"you did well boy thank you" she spoke softly to the well behaved stallion as she wrapped his riens around a hitching post.. perhaps she would buy the beast from charliegh after all, it would be better than travelling home in a carriage.

Hands tugged at her long coat arranged the collar more neatly and she swept her hat from her head. Rich loam waves were neatly coiled upon her head only a few tendrils escaping to brush her cheek and the slope of her neck... it made her look softer more approachable and it was in this state she approached the meetinghouse door .
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

Postby channe » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:25 pm

That is one bored-looking guard.

"Name and business?"

He straightens only when Alexis comes close, and eyes her with a measure of suspicion.
channe

Postby Sherazade » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:26 pm

Hat was held easily within her gloved grip as she eyed the gaurd, a slight cant of her head had her face illuminated by what light was availible , chocolate depths untroubled. "Alexis DeMarshay I have an appointment with the governor, if you could inform him I am here or let me pass.." She smiled "I would be most grateful" There was nothing threatening in her manner... no visible weapons upon her person, she was just a harmless woman with an appointment to keep. Well on this occassion at least.
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

Postby channe » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:38 pm

"Sure," he says, something in the name sparking an interest; he pushes the door open for Alexis, and inside is a thrumming mob of scribes and workers, the center of which is Coriolanus Helstone -- resplendent in dark blue edged with gold, a clear, expensive-looking tie-tac holding his neckscarf in place. And, in place, of course, is everything else about him: his hair, his sleeves. He hasn't lost his sartorial fastidiousness, to be sure.

"Miss Alexis Demarshay," announces the guard; he looks up, blinks, and any surprise he has upon A. Demarshay being a woman is swept aside, as he stands, indicates a chair. "What can I do for you, Miss Demarshay?"

Straight to business, then.
channe

Postby Sherazade » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:01 am

Some might have wished for court dress when being faced with Man dressed so resplendantly but not this lady, she carried herself with enough poise for her simple but well tailored garb, to be the most splendid of dresses, as she stepped past the gaurd upon being announced. Also noted was how quickly any surprise was banished... this was a man of intelligence, as she had heard, not like some governors she had dealt with in the past, it was going to require quick adjustment in phrasing.

A gloved hand was offered as she stepped forward "I came to discuss whats been harming myrken's innocent" She could have said children but that was not always advisiable with others present... one could not be sure after all what was shared with the scribes.
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

Postby channe » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:59 am

"Myrken's innocen -- ah," he says, clasping the woman's hand. It's not good to shake a woman's hand, in Collingford; a delicate hold-and-drop is, on the other hand, most efficacious. "I presume you are referring to the -- horrendous killings of --" he shakes his head. "Please, you may discuss what you like; tea? Sit down, and speak your piece."
channe

Postby Sherazade » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:45 am

Hand rested lightly within his grasp and in truth she was pleased he did not like many try and brush a kiss across her knuckles... such gallant gestures gave rise to painful memories. Lashes fell for just a moment veiling the shadows that flickered through her gaze at her thoughts sudden turn and she brought her thoughts back to the business at hand.

"Tea would be appreciated". Fingers of her left hand flexed for the ache was threatening to build. She settled herself into the indicated seat and would wait for him to seat himself before beggining to speak.

"horrendous yes despite the lack of wounds on some of the victims" right hand lifted fingers dragging a loose curl away from her face and tucking it behind her ear. "I Believe the thing responsible for such heinous acts to be a vampire" She let the words hang in the air between them half expecting the reaction she'd gotten last time she had uttered such words... to be told she was out of her mind insane... even
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

Postby channe » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:01 pm

Out-of-her-mind-insane; strange. Idiotic.

Helstone, however, just looks bored. A signal for tea, and the elegant gentleman is templing his fingers. "... I was hoping you wouldn't say that. The possibility has been mentioned, and this just confirms it for me. A vampire? A number of vampires? A while ago we had a group in the area, but I was sure they'd retreated. What can you tell me about how this might have changed?"
channe

Careful Steps

Postby Sherazade » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:10 pm

Now she had to tread carefully for she walked a thin line at times between not enough information and too much.. and here if she gave too much she might just anger the prince and that was a bad idea since he knew exactly who she was....However she soon began to lay out what she knew... well what she believed.

"I believe it to be one creature... one trying to discredit another but I have no proof that it is the one I suspect... just instinct since i have hunted such creatures for over a decade now..." Over a decade it was a long time to survive doing any such thing and considering she still had cheeks that were fairly much unlined by age, she would have started young. fingers on her left hand now were starting to curl intoa claw and it would seem to be agaisnt her will for when she glanced towards it there was a flash of annoyance across her features and she forced them to straighten
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

Postby channe » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:51 pm

He nods, one more time.

"Miss Demarshay -- I am not handling this matter personally, as much as I would like to. Sadly, I cannot. You could have me tell the man who is -- Cinnabar Calomel, the High Constable at the Myrkentown Constabulary. Tell him I sent you; this, sadly, sounds exactly like something that was going on a few months ago. I thought we'd be able to fix this."

He leans forward.

"Maybe you can help."
channe

A sigh....

Postby Sherazade » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:04 pm

A sigh left her lips she had hoped to end this here and attend to other matters but his words were better than nothing.
"I will make certain to contact him in the next few days then... I've some other matters to tend to in the meantime"
She would lean forward as well a rich loam tress tumbling from its place and laying against her cheek, brushing the collar of her coat.
"I'm sure i can help...." A moments pause was taken "thank you for your time Governor" she would smile and start to rise then "you've been far more pleasant to deal with than some" Hat would then be replaced upon her head and coat rearranged a brief glimpse of a long bladed silver dagger seen , before she would incline her head in farewell and be turning for the door.
Words of wisdom for life

Sherazade

Return to Myrken Wood Meetinghouse