A Midnight Walk

A Midnight Walk

Postby Galacia Tarin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:46 am

The sky was clear, no moon, and strangely, no stars. There was a hilltop, sweetgrass blowing in a warm autumn night's breeze. Only the hilltop was visible, the lands surrounding it blended into the pitch black night. On that hill stood a woman.

She was ethereal in her beauty. Dark ringlets of silken hair tumbled free around her form. She held in one slender hand a lantern. The light bathed her in a rich amber glow against the darkness. It reflected in her wide eyes, as vast and dark as the sky above her. In that light, if one looked closely, they would see the intricate rust-colored patterns that snaked and wove across every inch of her exposed flesh. Dim, these marks, but quite visible in this place. At the edges of her hairline were translucent glittering scales. An exquisite gown of black silk sheathed her impossibly tall figure as her free hand reached out toward the dreamer, ebon talons catching the light and gleaming.

"You asked that I wear something more appropriate when next we met, Glenn Burnie. I hope you find this more to your liking."
Galacia Tarin

Re: A Midnight Walk

Postby Glenn » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Glenn Burnie knew a thing or two about dreaming. First and foremost, he knew that he no longer dreamed. He hadn't dreamed once since returning from Underdark. That he was here, in and of itself, was reason to smile a hungry smile. Yes, she was an ethereal beauty. Yes she was actually dressed for the meeting. He'd get to all that in a moment. Priorities.

He pulled at his collar. You could tell a lot from a tattoo, especially when it was made in so definitive a shape, when it served as a touchstone. Tonight, however, it was rather like reading chicken entrails. He could do it but it took a few seconds to come up with a theory or two about just what it all meant. "Oh, you're a clever little doxy, aren't you?" This under his breath. Alright, then. He stepped forward and his clothes became all the nicer, though perhaps not for Galacia's benefit. They were a bit too lightly shaded for her, he imagined. Quite the finely made suit, though. Strangely, it seemed to give his skin a slightly darker complexion through the contrast.

"Skulls and black polished stone. The skulls are the base, the bones of your victims the frame, and the stone from the very maw of a volcano, but it shines just so that you can see your reflection ever so clearly. Or perhaps it is a rock fallen from the sky. The effect is the same either way." It was hardly a greeting and the look on his face was hardly kind. Amused, though. "I picture you trying on one dress after the next like a giddy noble girl with a ever too doting widower of a father, practicing that exacting smolder you're wearing into your dread mirror. Only an hour or two. What's that to an immortal being? The blink of an eye. Still, I appreciate the effort. It's reassuring to know you share so many traits with two women so close to my heart." Alessandra and Sarayan. There was such a fine line, wasn't there?

Finally, he'd give her a smile, one that was just a little more gracious. "You've had a few days, no? Tell me what you've learned of Glenn Burnie."
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Galacia Tarin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:16 am

She was amused by his words, as she often was. Had he truly thought such grand and dark things part of what she was? She was, for the most part, just a woman here. The glittering scales that framed her face might belie that a bit, but otherwise, just a woman.

"Oh Glenn, do you think me a school girl? A pretty dim thing getting ready for her first real time with a boy? I have no grand and frightening mirror, simple silver and glass like the rest of you. And if you think I put more than a moments thought into how you see me here, you have thought far too much about it. Far more than I, to be sure."

As he posed his real question, she smiled as she turned to make her way down the hilltop into the darkness below.

"What have I learned about Glenn Burnie? Well, that was a far easier task than I had hoped. There seem to be two schools of thought on you, Governor. But it seems the same with all politicians. Your people either love you and see you for the savior you believe yourself to be, or they fear and hate you. Your people have no real knowledge of who you are, other than what you have done for them, or for Myrken. Perhaps I simply have not spoken to the right people as of yet."

The lantern went with her, and if he wished to not be left standing alone in a very strange place, in the darkness, he would follow. Her steps were long and slow, as she waited for the place of dreaming that held them to show them new places, new visions, new directions.

"I came here to hear what you have to say, Governor. Here where no one else will hear us. Where no one is left to tell the tale true when it is finished. You spoke of being allies, friends. Tell me then why this would benefit me. And perhaps, more importantly, why it would benefit you?"
Galacia Tarin

Postby Glenn » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:13 am

Laughter, broad, true. He seemed strange in this dreamscape, younger in some ways, older in others, and the light was wrong somehow. It may have been his suit, of course, the contrast, but there was something about his skin that was just darker than it ought to be, but only when you saw it out of the corner of your eyes. "Oh come now, you're the one with such high claims. Killed this one, bound that, sired children with the third, or was it all at once. You, boundlessly talented being of destruction, you, what with all that multi-tasking. Regardless, high, high claims. Now you say that you're just a sweet girl, no different from myself or anyone else? Well, that would be terribly disappointing. 'Oh Glenn," she says, humble and demure. 'Pish and posh. My mirror is just like any other.' Perhaps we should have met at a barn dance instead. I imagine hay and the smell of manure would go lovely with your hair when you have it just.. so." A tiny point as if to indicate the specific portion he means.

"Oh, you asked people. How.. mundane." And a scrunching of his nose at at that. "Did you ask anyone interesting, at least? Jirai? Lamai? Roschen? Vanidor? Dearest Agnieskza?" A little shrug. "I can't imagine you just stumbled around the market, or even better, don't tell me you walked into the Dagger and ran a poll. You'll have learned that I tip well and that I bleed even better."

He followed, though at his own pace. For some strange reason the dark did not seem to frighten him overmuch. No witnesses? Ha. That was a very interesting question, wasn't it? "It's easy to see why you're here, Galacia, but now, just for you, I will admit a weakness in my own knowledge." He bow to her backside, whether she realized it or not. A polite, formal thing. "I'm not sure just what you want, what would please you. Are you trapped by your own nature, a being of chaos and entropy, destruction. If that's the case, we'll see about fixing that, you and I. Do you wish for power? If so, Myrken? Really? You can't do better what with all of your wisdom and experience? Or you just bored? If so, that's your own fault, I imagine. Bromn is little but a bore. That too is something we can rectify. It's quite simple, Galacia. Tell me what you need and tell me what you want, and we'll just see about what you'll get, won't we?"
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Galacia Tarin » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:03 pm

She would turn on heel to face him, the smile on her lips could almost be described as childlike. If she'd worn her hair in pigtails the illusion would have been almost ghastly. There was a low throaty chuckle that only served to make the smile seem that much more out of place. His words seemed to wash over her, and away, like a forgotten wave at lowest tide.

"I am not trapped Glenn Burnie, but you do speak a truth among all the meaningless drivel that escapes those lips. I am..."

And she was turned again headed down the path toward whatever might lay waiting in the darkness. Would it be a memory of his, or someone else's?

"..bored. You see, Myrken used to be a fun little town. What with the Cultists and the Baie and the never ending supply of ridiculous emotions from Bromn and that Emory woman. Always someone...wanting. Always someone...dreaming. Of things they could never have, people they could never have. Money and what they might do with it. Power and who they could hurt with it. That is the problem with Your Myrken, Governor. It's boring."

"Too many people who already believe that they have everything that they want. Too many people who sleep with no lamps burning, for they no longer fear what lays in the darkness beyond. It is one thing to tell a child of the monster that waits if they don't do their chores. It is another thing all together to believe you have seen it from the corner of your eye. Tell me, Glenn. What do your people believe in now?"
Galacia Tarin

Postby Glenn » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:57 pm

They make a pair. There's something youthful about Burnie here, younger than he looked in the waking world, closer to twenty than twenty-five, perhaps. It was a slight thing, but it showed. It turned that forcefulness into something playful. Quite a pair.

"Oh Galacia, you ridiculous strumpet." A tsk, a raise of his finger as he followed behind her. "The words are coming from my mouth, yes, but given the fact you seem to insist on walking ahead of me, the effect is such that yours all emanate from your ass." One second to let that set in before continuing. "What a simple, delicate rose you are, Galacia. It's so quaint. Tee and hee." He tilted his head, not that she can see it. "People are only interesting when they suffer, when they have nothing. Oh pooh! It is only the writhing of pain and want that floats my (un-sinkable anyway considering my equally ridiculous bosom) boat."

Burnie didn't spit but it was tempting. They were guests here and the hostess very much did not like spitting. "What a small-minded view of the world, exactly what I could break you of Galacia. There's so much more out there. Think about it, if it's not too much effort; I know you are walking after all. People who had nothing and suddenly find themselves with something want more than those who never had anything at all. Once they get a taste of it, it means nothing will satisfy them other than more. It's an easy fall, starting from a lack of want and ending with a want for more."

He was upon her now, a dualist's gait; one, two, three, to her ear, his voice soft but reverberating with a strength that she should have in dreams, not he. "Boring is doing the same thing over and over, terrorizing the same people, shouting 'boo' just because you can. You want to know what Glenn Burnie's Myrken believes in, Gallie? It believes in more. Try to hold your oozing, scattered mind together long enough to let that think in."
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Galacia Tarin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:59 pm

"You really are a silly human, aren't you? I think you've used perhaps six words to call me a whore. You say this like it is an insult and even if it were that I would care."

His closeness is curious to her, it seemed obvious there was no fear in him, at least not of her. That meant, generally, one of two things. Either he was as mad as they said he was, or there was far more to him then he let on. Perhaps both.

"Glenn, precious, you need something from me. You would not be trying to strike some sort of friendship otherwise. Why do you not just ask it of me? Why play these coy little human games, all the while accusing me of the same? Speak what it is you want. And that bloody friendship rot is not the answer, and you know it. "

She is turning then, her long strides ceasing. If he continued his gait he might run right into her. She would fix him with that cold black stare, somehow still full of fire and intensity even in the depths of it's darkness.

"At least with the Baie he would have had me by the throat by now. Altias would have been pleading for mercy or slashing at me with his ridiculous little sword. Ariane would have threatened a thousand deaths and then tried the same. You. You stand there with you words and your thoughts and still there is nothing. You poke at me like a child with a new playground friend. Testing your limits. Testing my boundaries. My needs are simple, Governor. Every human who ever breathes can provide them for me. My wants are an entirely different thing."

One slender hand, coiled with rust colored tattoos and glittering at the wrist with translucent scales, would reach out to brush back the hair above his ear.

"Perhaps you just want someone to believe that you are what you believe yourself to be. Gods know that Myrken's faith is shaken. Maybe your own is as well."
Galacia Tarin

Postby Glenn » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:23 pm

Well, she managed to stop Glenn Burnie in his tracks, at least. That was... well, it really wasn't much of an accomplishment for a being like her. "For someone so insufferably ancient and powerful, you're terribly impatient. I think you're not just annoyingly human but characteristically a human male. No wonder you had Bromn drooling over you. Or just drooling." There was a slight pause as he let her move that piece of hair.

Then his eyes would narrow and his tone would darken. He would outright groan. "You're one of them, aren't you? Yet another one. In lascivious overbearing dreamwitch years, you're what? Fifteen? Sixteen? Of course you're proud of waggling your curves this way and that. Catching some tedious self-involved, pompous fish like the Baie and Vraal. You're the young, sparkling trophy bride of evil. You look good in black and on some monster's arm. I'm sure your mother is terribly proud.

"I thought you were supposed to be different." Where had she been leading him? Ultimately it didn't matter. The young Governor had such training in dreams. In most cases, that wouldn't matter, not with her, but she had picked this particular dream to encounter him and here, more than anywhere else, he had power. The skies were darkening. The ground itself was starting to shift."I thought you were supposed to play the long game. I thought you were supposed to have vision. You're just a silly little slave to needs and desires, searching for an end to tedium in all the most cliched and asinine ways. A beast. Jutting your tail out aimlessly, when you are truly in need of purpose." His voice was a near hiss. "That's fine, though. I have purpose enough for both of us, and vision enough for the whole damned world."

The baie would have choked her? Well, no, there'd be none of that. She'd have to settle instead for two things in quick succession. His hand, his open hand, crashing mercilessly across her cheek, with all the speed that a student of Ariane Emory might possess, and a crystal column rising up to encase her, to make a statue of her, as the landscape continued to alter around them. A marble road rose up as far as the eye could see. Crystal columns, of which she would be one, towered on top of it. They were in the midst of a perfect city full of beautiful immaculate buildings, full of orderly people of an enhanced age, a perfect city with its one black dot, one dot that could only be seen out of the corner of one's eye if one knew where to look; a city with crystal pillars to lead up to a second level in the clouds. Like nothing mankind had ever wrought.

Even so, there was something off, something wrong, a pulsing, a pounding in he back of one's chest, something inhuman, something Wrong. This was something that should not be, filled with beings who were not longer human as they were, The sacrifice was too large. The atrocities too immense. The end result a twitching, festering thing. They were not more than human in power, but in presence, something wrong in the mix, too much, as if all of them were just waiting to explode out of their skin and bones, a humanity that should never be, that could never be, emotions too vivid, thoughts too intense, passions that consumed. Humanity unleashed like never before.

Burnie's voice boomed as intense and full of emotion as any of them, as all of them. "Any child can knock down a tower. Any imbecile can destroy. Can follow your squalid little nature to endless boredom and repetition. This is my dream," spoke the Governor that did not dream. "My purpose. To make something that has never been, something that must be. That all of you infernal godly beings look at and say can never be. To break the chains that bind us all." How much of it was symbolic? In a dream it was ever so hard to tell. "You poor aimless thing. My purpose is big enough for us both." Without further warning he attempted to focus his intense will, backed by the power of the dreamer connected to him, wholly upon her, to bind her to this vision, to recreate her in its image. "If you but thought upon it for a moment, you would want nothing more in this world than to share my purpose; to experience the sensations it shall bring forth into the world; Galacia," his voice forceful, even commanding. "you want nothing more than for all to share my dream."
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Galacia Tarin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:47 pm

From within the pillar his vision is shown to her. How much of it is a reality in his mind and how much is a gauche show of power is not terribly clear. It did not really matter, he had finally tipped his hand, even if it was just a little bit. If even a fraction of this was truth to him, this was progress.

There is a languid motion within the crystal and it simply parts like water. She steps free of the horrifyingly beautiful thing, a slow smile forming on her lips. There is a sound that slips from her that is the sound of a mother chastising her child. The gentle clicking of the tongue which usually comes with the wagging of a finger. The glitter in her gaze is that of amusement, not anger, not fear.

"Well well. Now we have a place to start, Glenn Burnie. This..." A fluid sweep of her arm to indicate the very depth of the illusion. "...this is what you dream of? Forgive me, you do not dream, is that right? Is this your Vision then? It is grand, this I will not deny, but what is its purpose? Once you have created this place, these beings? What then? I am inclined to be curious of your thoughts on this Governor."

The smile on her lips changed, ever so slightly, and her hand moved not to strike out at him, not to push him away, but to draw him closer. Her intent to curl her arm through his.

"Show me this place, Glenn. Show me your perfect place, so that I might understand it. Show me what it is that will bring an end to my hunger and my search. I need to understand, you see. I need to know that I can trust this vision, your vision. I need to know that this will not end with us at each others throats, with one bleeding out to feed the other. You speak of change, of want. Of more. Make me understand it. Make me understand you."
Galacia Tarin

Postby Glenn » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:00 am

It's the clicking of her tongue that gives rise to disappointment, minor disappointment. For a few moments, the idea of having her as an obedient, transformed thrall was terribly appealing. "A shame. I would have treated you as a beloved pet. You would have fed on all the glory and misery you could handle. I'm not sure what that would have done for your figure, but these are the sacrifices we make for those we care for." Burnie made such sacrifices everyday for the people of Myrken after all.

Still, her arm fell into his and he laughed, outright laughed, youthful glee upon his face. "Give, give, give. Show me, you say. I've given you so much already though. It's all before you. That's the problem with a voyeur. You watch so much that you're not able to properly extrapolate. I would have helped you with that. Now, it'll be harder of course." Something in his tone changed as he used his free hand to reach a lone, solitary finger out towards that black dot in the distance. It became closer and closer, the skittering sound of a thousand spiders advancing, though to the eye it was just a dot, growing larger and larger, a hole, a maw in his utopia. "You wish to understand me? Know this first, I much prefer telling to showing." And then all went black.

His voice chimed through the darkness. "Can't you imagine it? Humanity without fear. You spoke as if it was blasphemy. As if it was boring. A waste of your time. The scope though. Think. Ambitions grow. Spirits rise. Emotions reverberate. Everything will mean more. Rises more meteoric. Falls more tragic by far. They may not fear you and your ilk any longer, but that does not mean you will not revel in them as you never could have before. You'll never have to settle for Bromn again" Finally as light began to appear once more, his voice lowered. "Unless of course you truly are a hapless slave to your nature."

Cavernous walls lit by glowing fungus. That selfsame sound of skittering in the distance, barely perceptible, often fading only to reoccur only when you thought it was finally gone, finally over. Underdark in all of its horror and beauty, except for it wasn't at all. The center of the compact chamber contained a darling little table. Doilies. Lace. The wafting scent of tea. Peppermint. Something else. Adorably shaped cookies. It was not the cruel parody that was a drow tea party. It was far more the real thing. "Hm." Burnie mumbled, the sound of someone who opened a door in full certainty only to find its contents disquieting.

Then he looked at her and outright gasped. The clothes placed upon her by the dreamscape were as much a prison as the crystal pillar had been, somehow more so. Layers upon layers of pink ruffles and delicate fabrics. The work of a thousand years and a thousand laborers. Something that had never existed in the real world, as unreal as Burnie's future vision in its own way. A hoop of the strongest, finest materials. Linework in the most elaborate patterns. And pink, so pink, ever so pink. The hat upon her head matched in every way down to the ridiculously large feather. No princess had ever worn something so remarkable and sumptuous. Even the imagination of the finest seamstress, of the finest teller of fables could not envision such a thing. No costume could be more confining. No iron maiden could be more beautiful and lavish. Much as Burnie's will tried to force her to conform to his every whim before, an equally powerful and far more single-minded presence was coaxing her now to become what she was dressed as. Burnie had power here, but he was not supreme. No, here in this particular dream, in her particular dream, a third presence else was, and she was such a power unto herself.

Gasping turned to gaping even as he slumped down into one of the two dainty chairs before them. An elbow went down upon the table and his face fell impishly, childish, exasperated down upon his open, outstretched hand. Speechlessness only lasted a few seconds, but for him that was a small lifetime. "This was not my intent." His tone was actually apologetic. He was dressed as ever, perhaps with a few more ruffles here and there, a poet's shirt instead of a governor's. "I do think, however, that you have roused the attention of our hostess." Oh look. Two chairs had become Three. How lovely. Glenn Burnie clenched his eyes shut as if fighting off the onset of a migraine.
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Jirai » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:05 am

Two chairs had become three. Two people had become three - if, indeed, they had not been three all along. This dream was neither Glenn Burnie's nor Galacia Dreamwitch's, after all, even if the dreamer had remained quiet until now. Now, though, the two were joined by a woman clad every bit as elegantly as Galacia now was, though Rhaena seemed to have chosen bronze and green tones for her own gown. Really, the two women were striking in both similarities and differences, even without the gowns. Galacia's scaling was more subtle than Rhaena's own, bronze hued scales edging the young woman's face. A face that smiled oh-so-prettily at Glenn, first, and then Galacia. Quite lovely indeed, though one might notice that her gaze never drifted past the immediate pleasantness of the table to the darkness beyond. Since Glenn was already sitting, she gestured gracefully towards a second chair for the other woman.

"Would you care for some tea?" She offered.
Jirai
Op

Postby Galacia Tarin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:40 am

An Apology? Now that was unexpected.

To find some glimpses of Glenn in how he defined the Dreaming had been her intent. The first vision was very much his own, or at least what he believed he wanted in that moment. The second began as such, but it rather radically changed as they moved deeper. The darkness, the exact flavor of it, had been important. Somewhere, just before the climax, he had lost control. Not complete control, as some aspect where still very visible, almost tangible. However, the tea party it self seemed to...disappoint.

The dress. Yes, that dress. Under normal circumstance she would have been furious. It was clear that whomever created this atrocity had some how done so with no malicious intent. This gown was meant to be a gift, of sorts. Certainly it began as some sort of mockery from Glenn Burnie. Meant to hobble, shame and degrade. But whoever it was that had demanded control in that final moment truly wanted her to be beautiful. Their definition of the word, surely, but beautiful none the less. And so when the third showed herself, Galacia smiled ever so politely, and seated herself at the table like any fine lady would. She and Glenn would have words about this dress, and so much more, another time. With a gracious tilt of her head toward their hostess, that ridiculous feather nearly dipping to touch the table, she smiled. A very human smile.

The woman before her bore scales similar to her own. Another slight surprise, though one could present in the Dreaming as they wished, so it did not tell too much. It was still...curious. Slender hands would fold neatly and be placed delicately in her lap.

"Oh yes, please, that would be lovely. I am Galacia." She nearly went on to name her full title, at least the one that seemed to bring terror to humans when she spoke it, but she did not. Not here, and not now. This was a moment of discovery. "And you are?"
Galacia Tarin

Postby Glenn » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:52 am

It had been a brilliant use of power, really, Galacia reaching him like this. Glenn Burnie had not dreamed since his incident in Underdark. There were hints, pieces, specks of such things since Catch did.. whatever he did in the basement of the Dagger a year before, since Rhaena was transformed into who she was now, but no more than that. He could not assault dreams. He could not be assaulted in his own. His link with the begowned mentalist, however? That was constant, forever. Were a powerful dreamwitch to enter her dream, she may well reach him, and so she did. But look at the danger Galacia exposed herself to?

Look at this.

Propriety. Rigidity of morals and societal norms. Perfect and proper. Everything in its place and everything utterly defined. This was Rhaena's world. This was Rhaena's dream. This was her very reality. Aristocratic grace and behavioral conformity. Did Galacia feel the tug? Had she ever felt anything like this before? Glenn knew it well, but he had room to move that she may not. His shirt had changed slightly. His clothes had initially been tempered to please the Olwak woman, but he had a certain flexibility. She, however, was in the most succulent trap that the world had ever seen. Intent didn't matter, not in the face of such stifling properness.

Glenn, however.. Glenn could move. He was a man who understood nuance, such small, meaningful nuance. "Hello, dearest beloved. May I say that you beam with pulchritude tonight?" Apologetic again, this time to Rhaena, for he had not been able to get her seat for her. He'd already been slumped and leaning, posture poor when she arrived. Now, though, now he would dare to go even farther than mere bad posture. The air was thick, scented with that peppermint, sweet but utterly stifling. Heavy. Repressive, as different from Burnie's Golden Myrken as could be. There the emotions were obvious and intense, larger than life. Here they were confined and so deeply, thoroughly focused. There, the cresting wave of an ocean of human glory would thrash and drown out all other sounds. Here? Here the unexpected sound of a dropping pin could send shockwaves down one's spine.

So he leaned towards his bethrothed, creeping past societal barriers, past layer and layer of unseen, immaterial lace that was to separate males and females here at this tea party, in this world that was not a world at all. Pressure rose, built, the air rippling, as he moved in ever closer still. The Governor and his woman would be unscathed, but as a captive witness, the ripples would hit Galacia one after the next; Galacia, who knew such liberation, who knew such sensation, who used the flesh of others like a young woman placing her dolls in all too carnal positions.

Youthful Glenn would lean in and brush his lips against Rhaena's, a momentary flash, the tiniest thing, the world's most insubstantial kiss, but in this environment of propriety and high culture, it was sacrosanct, profane, the height of risque daring. The ripples of pressure and force, an inner pounding of empty space, not of what could be done but what would NOT be done, this sensation that had been building for so small a thing, so slight an act of affection: sensation that might utterly destroy a lesser being, would now rush at Galacia, clad in her dress like an elaborate doll herself.

Of course she was bored. When one was so much a libertine as her, excess itself would lose it's meaning. Thus, in the aftermath of that tiniest kiss to Rhaena, Burnie would retreat, turning his head slightly to Galacia winking at her, if there was, after all, anything left of who she had been, if it had not all been washed away. Such a small world she lived in, Galacia Tarin-Vraal. There was so much more for her to learn.
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Galacia Tarin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:05 pm

Oh yes, she could feel it. She could feel what Glenn Burnie felt. How he felt the thickness of societal norm and proper manners. How he believed that this was the place where there was a place for everything and everything in its place. How he thought this dress, its form and function was some sort of prison, some sort of torture and how he delighted in it. She also felt the intention of that simple kiss. This was not a kiss placed out of love, or even lust, no this was a kiss placed for effect. Now was it the effect that it would have on Rhaena what he was expecting it to be? That was the real question.

It hit her like a hammer to the skull, the small moment in time that in the real world would have been even less than the blinking of an eye. The wave of emotion that rolled off Rhaena was almost physical in nature. However, Galacia believed that Glenn had expected something different. He had expected the other woman to be mortified at this little impropriety. The emotion that came at her was anything but.

For a few seconds Galacia was stunned by the utter glee felt by the other woman. She was deliriously happy at that momentary contact. It wrapped around her like a sheet around a dead body. It was positively stifling in its completeness. A deep, deep breath. And she rose from the table.

The pink dress fell away in tatters. Bits of lace and silk turning to ash as they fluttered toward the floor. In its place was the dress she had entered the Dreaming in. She was herself, and quite whole. Quite sated, in fact. There was a nod of her head to Burnie, in response to that wink, before she settled back onto the offered chair.

Yes, this other was very powerful, as was Burnie in his own right, but if they thought for a moment she would have placed herself in a completely unknown situation they were in fact quite in error. She had often faced others of power in the Dreaming, these two were likely no different. What use to trap her here? What would it gain either of them. Burnie wished to turn her to his will. This much was apparent. It could happen. However, for the moment, what interested her was this new creature and what she brought...to the table, as it were.
Galacia Tarin

Postby Jirai » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:35 pm

There is peppermint tea, then, in the finely painted pot, poured into three delicate little flowered cups with precise, perfect motions. Propriety. That was it, exactly. The rigidity could be confining. It could also be supporting. "A pleasure to meet you, Galacia, I'm sure." The woman murmured. "I am Rhaena Olwak."

For Glenn Burnie, though, there was a smile. A smile that might properly be hidden behind a veil, but the woman wore none, not here, and more frequently not in the waking world either. Oh, the young woman's emotions are no secret, not here, not anywhere really. Certainly not to Glenn Burnie, who shared her mind, and not to Galacia, for the woman's own abilities and even if not for that, for Rhaena's own. The small leak of her emotions was easily overlooked in the waking world most of the time, but here, as with Genny, it was more obvious. For a long moment, she is oblivious to Galacia, so focused is she on Glenn. When next she looks back at the woman, the lovely dress is gone and, were she less in control she might have pouted. She did not, though.

What did Rhaena bring to the table? It was an interesting question, was it not? The reason they were all here is for the link she and the Governor shared. Through that, she could simply add her power to his, reinforcing his will. But this very table they sat at spoke to more than that.

The young woman took a sip of her tea. And she smiled, ever so brightly, at Galacia Tarin-Vraal.
Jirai
Op

Next

Return to Myrken Wood Meetinghouse