Forewarned is -

Forewarned is -

Postby Carnath-Emory » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:51 am

Glenn Burnie

A thing intends to visit you. It wears the apeeruns of a man, you wil know better from its eyes which are green but also unatrle and from other aspekts of its being. The name which we know for it is Killerith.

This evening it aproached me upon the tavern steps to request that I delifer this warning to you, understand it was not a request. The Killerith is capable of compelling action and reaction. it menshuns mentions a knowledge of the Koschei dreams, in particular the most recent involving fire. I haf spoken with Koschei this is very much not him wearing a different look. Nearbye was Catch who on realizing the Killerith's presense approached with haste. What folowed then I do not know as I was

eksept that in the mist of it he gave such a cry, whether with pleasure or hurt I cannot guess. Following the Killerith's depashure he seemed tired but in good spirits although he was as silvered as I, his Mortimer goat did not fare so well although it lives and that this is due to the Killerith or to Catch I do not know.

The Killerith has in the past healed Bromn of grave wounds, effecting some transformation of his apeeruns cawsing a similerity between their look. On that okation placing a sword through its stomach amused it mightily. This was not its only intuferense with Bromn in whom it perhaps takes some interest as such things offen do, it also prefented his use of an artyfact for which Elspeth's seals were later designed as it is not fit to be used as Bromn or anyone might.

There should be fyls which you might read. It has in the past been encountered by

Bromn off course,
posibly Bromn As Oculari,
Calomel I think, he is at least aware of its eksistans,
and several Rememdium staff.

Shud it approach it may be best not to look too long into its eyes, which are not mezmerizing but opresive as is its nature in whole, or to look too long upon its face at all. Despite the afect it wrought upon Bromn its interest is almost certin to be not your body but your mind. It has never raised a hand to harm me but its presense leaves me ill and other things, the whole nature of its afect upon Catch I do not know and could not yet ask but that clearly he responded to its nearness.

Alexi River is to run this to you as I cannot presently ride. He
He does not haf a horse, you understand Hrimfax would haf been highly unsuited, in any case he cannot ride?
Alexi assures that he wil prove faster than the child which was the only other choice and that this remains unopened until it reaches your hand.

- Ariane

Accepted.
Carnath-Emory

Re: Forewarned is -

Postby BetaFlame » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:06 am

And this is the letter that was delivered late last night by a winded Aleksei River, knocking on the door of the Governor's house.
BetaFlame

Postby Glenn » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:30 am

Aleksei was well tipped.

The letter, however, was a more peculiar thing by far, which really was saying something, wasn't it? Glenn was never particularly strong in languages. All scholars had their weak points. That was his. He could read "Agnieszka" better than almost anyone in Myrken but "Ariane" was an entirely new beast for him. In their years of association there had been very, very few letters. There had been no need for much of that with daily training. They were in each other's company so often.

His response, when finally written, would be sent to Darkenhold.

Ariane,

It is important to me that you feel respected. You know a note like this, from you, to me, was never my intent or my hope. Therefore, it is important to me that you feel and are respected, that the situation, though far from ideal, is instead made to be positive, for yourself, for myself, for our home.

But.

You know to whom you write. You say 'This powerful being (whom we have never spoken of before) threatened me to give you this message.' You say 'This powerful being shall visit you soon.' You say 'It compels action and reaction.' You say 'Do not look into its eyes for too long.'

In a normal situation, I would react to this being with a stare (far too long), sharp words, and sharp steel. And then when he has flayed me with dread magic, I would get up and do it again, this time with much cheating.

For two things I will avoid that, this time. One is that the request and warning comes from you, so early into this, whatever it is. The second is that the dreams are particularly offensive and if It may help us combat them, or even understand the being behind them (which is the same thing, after all), then I will not sacrifice that lightly.

I'm not promising not to stab him if it comes to that, though.

A badge is attached. You may decide upon a uniform yourself. Files will be sent soon to Siris, who will likely be annoyed with me for the sending, but she'll sift through them and organize what you need and what you don't. There's a lot going on and I won't have you in the dark. If I want to keep someone in the dark, Agnieszka is excellent at stabbing blindly. That was a joke.

Glenn

If Dulcie finds out I gave him the goat, then I'll have something significant to worry about.
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Carnath-Emory » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:42 am

The swordswoman's response does not arrive until well into the morning. The sheer stretch of distance between Darkenhold and Myrkentown intervenes; so do the tasks to which she addresses herself each morning, and in any case, the very nature of this exchange inevitably complicates. What is it, to sit at this bench and to write these words; to write any words at all? It is cold work: the application of ink to paper as a slipshod means to span one sort of distance or another, wrist-deep in wrongness and with no means to remedy that at all.

In other words, it is far from unfamiliar.

Glenn Burnie

Do not mistake me.

What I have written is neither a command nor a request. Nor do I intend to suggest that you ought to meet this thing with anything less than the best of your self.

Understand: it is likely that you are uniquely suited to this situation.

The Killerith would have this described as a warning. I consider it an advisement.

- Ariane
Carnath-Emory

Return to Myrken Wood Meetinghouse