The little murderess.

The little murderess.

Postby channe » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:38 am

The Shaw girl hadn't been her friend, per se. Nikki had always been silent and mannerly where Agnieszka had been loud and brash; they'd played together as children, having come from farms a mile or two north of the Dagger, but their wildly different personalities meant that growing up led to growing apart. Nevertheless, the families' and the girls' relationships had never been anything less than perfectly cordial, friendly and neighborly. Agnie had grown to see Nikki as quiet, mousy, insular; she was the last person the chairwoman could possibly imagine as being a cold-blooded murderer.

Apprently, she'd been wrong.

Agnie arrived at the Meetinghouse as the moon was high, Nikki Shaw in tow, her wrists bound and tied to the horse Agnieszka was riding. Brought into the Meetinghouse, the bloodied, shivering prisoner was given tea and a blanket, and locked in a back room (oh, Agnie thought, she really needed to get on the reconstruction of that gaol. And maybe get a Constable on duty at all times at the Dagger. What the hell had Genny been thinking, giving a confessed murderer a horse? Thessholes.)

The first letter she wrote was to the Constables:

Konstabularey,

I arrested Niki Shaw of the Shaw farm north of the Dagger tonight. She confessed to the Murder of her Father, but says that her Father kilt her Mother. Please go to the Shaw farm and investigate while the Scene is still fresh and report back to the Head Constabul and to Me. I will talk with her Here. As there is possibly Magic involved pleas be carful and I will have the Inkwisitor here soon.

Agnieszka River
Defens Cowncil

The second, to pen a letter to Aleksei, and the third, to give it to an errand-boy:

Hello gorjus,

The girl from the Shaw farm said she kilt her Father and said there was Magic involved. Come to the Meeting House when you get up because I know jack shit about Magic and you know a lot.

Agnie.

There are, of course, hearts on the bottom one.

And once that is done, she'd nod to the guard and go into the room where Nikki is, putting her back up to the door, crossing her arms, just staring at the girl for now.
channe

Re: The little murderess.

Postby BetaFlame » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:53 am

Still, he cannot get used to Agnie's form of writing. Aleksei has to take his glasses off and mouth the words slowly to figure what under the Sun his crazy woman means. Once he figures it out he just heaves a little sigh and nods, putting the letter in the strong box with the others he gets from her. He gets a paper and one of his writing sticks and pens a letter back.

Love,

I will be there as soon as possible.

We need to work on your spelling. Maybe after sword practice in the morning?

Aleksei

Just for amusement sake, he drew an equal number of hearts at the bottom of her letter.

Sword. Check. Cloak. Check. Bag of miscellaneous warding materials, also check.

Then he makes his way to the meetinghouse and lets the guards know who he is, and waits for Agnie. He doesn't want to spook the girl anymore than needs to be.
BetaFlame

Postby BrokenDreamer » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:30 am

The pit of her stomach had been emptied before she had even set out on foot for that long, frozen walk to the tavern to turn herself in -- it made the given tea a pleasant warmth on the physical level though it did little to warm her mind. In the cell she sits and waits, her thin body crunched into a corner as she sits upon the floor with blanket wrapped about her. It felt good to rest her head against the cold wall, it helped soothe the coming ache of her brain within her skull as it had begun to throb.

Unlike other prisoners, perhaps, she does not scream her innocence. Does not bang upon the door or cause any sort of ruckus. She simply sits there and does her best to not think. Tries not to fall asleep, though exhaustion is over taking her by this point, because every time she closes her eyes ... she can see them. Can see him. See her fists beating against a man's head with strength that she had no idea she even possessed.

At one point during the waiting, she had fallen asleep ... only to wake up with a cry. A shout that she attempts to muffle by cramming a corner of the blanket into her mouth and clamping down upon it with teeth.
BrokenDreamer

Postby Tolleson » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:45 pm

Genny had traveled with, but in truth, arrived a short while after Agnieszka and her prisoner. A lack of riding prowess sure to blame for the delay and the state of her; pinned up hair jutting out in awkward places where a pin or two had fallen free, a sweat beaded brow, the chewing on her lower lip.

The horse, her barrowed horse, would be tied up, eventually, with something; as she was ordered to ride bareback it proved somewhat difficult. Still, she would be arriving just in time to see the messenger leave with a second, redundant letter to the constabulary echoing a similar report she had sent at least an hour prior. While the contents of the letter were likely guessed, Genny made no attempt to go after the courier.

Better find the girl who had been left in her charge and some warmer place. Folding up Agnie’s coat, Genny would go in and leave it on a nearby chair; somewhere that would not be forgotten, and then make her way back to the cell.

“S-she was in no condition to walk… you… even a prisoner,” perhaps realizing that riding on her own was foolish the last bit is mumbled, because inevitably it's Agnie's call. Still, no more foolish than Genny attempting to ride with young murderess, all things considered.

“I was… Rhaena asked that I-I... I take her to the Rememdium,” a brief and upset glare is shot to Agnie as she attempts to pass and sit near the cell. To gently take the young woman’s hand in her own if she can, inspect the bloodied limbs, the bits of bone jutting out, the blistered and icy extremities.
Tolleson

Postby channe » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:11 am

"We've got someone coming," she says to Genny, and her voice attempts to hold some warmth -- and she'll say this, outside, before she opens the door to the little room. "And I don't have to explain myself to you, an' I don't have to let you be here. In fact, I should tell you to skedaddle yourself back to your pies, but --" she pauses. This is Nikki, after all, someone very much like Agnie and Genny might have been. A friend, of sorts. "This is Myrken Wood. You know things aren't often what they seem. She mentioned something that could be magical; this could be anything." The last is hissed, but not unkind; isn't it a logical thing to say, in Glenn Burnie's recovering Myrken Wood? She pauses after this, finally taking a breath. "Let's say you'd done something awful. You have a horse. A horse of your own. You're riding with someone whose skill with horses may not be completely up to par. Me? The temptation to screw off wi' the horse an' never come back would be too damn much. An' Rhaena is my best friend, and a wonderful person, but what she ain't is in authority with a case like this."

And with that, she indicates the door. "Aleksei should be here by now. If you're going to be here, anyway... g'wan in, be nice to her." Good cop. "Try to find out why she did it." Apparently, Genny has been drafted.

And with that, she's off to the front door to let Aleksei in.
channe

Postby BetaFlame » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:14 am

Aleksei is never very good at being overly formal, but this is Agnie and she is working so.. he tries. His lips do curl up in a smile and he just shakes his head at her, "You do find some odd trouble, my dear."

He steps inside and lowers his bag of supplies to the ground. Carefully, there is glass in it after all. His cloak comes off and is hung from a peg, followed by his sword belt. He doesn't look at her and just shrugs a little, "Its an interview. I have no need for a weapon with the girl. I assume that since you aren't hurt, she is somewhat compliant? Well, fill me in, love." He pulls that odd little book he carries from the inside of the hanging cloak, along with a writing stick and sits down to take notes on what Agnie tells him. "Details. Details are very important here. Everything you saw, noticed.. what she said. Give me as much as you remember."

And when she starts talking, he starts writing.
BetaFlame

Postby BrokenDreamer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:24 am

While others discuss the fate of the girl within the cell...

Within the cell, she remains a huddled ball of a mess. She can only dimly hear the voices speaking on the topic of herself, low murmurs through a heavy wood door that make no sense. Maybe, if she pressed her ear against the door, she would catch more of what they said -- but she was beyond caring. She has already confessed and relinquished to what ever fate they may design for her.

ooc:
You guys can honestly keep going until you go into the room with her, I don't have much else to add till then.
BrokenDreamer

Postby Tolleson » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:51 am

'Back to her pies.' If Agnie hadn't let her pass just then and shown some measure of warmth in her voice, Genny might well have had a few words to follow the hot glance she shot. But it was a fleeting look, more pressing matters at hand and all.

It wasn't the first and certainly would be the last time someone showed little respect for the Junior Inquistor. Granted much of her post involved talking with people and research rather than grand exploits and magic. To Agnie's reprimand and claim that Rhaena didn't have the authority she simply shook her head, the anger and fuel to argue depleted by the poor girl's state.

"No, she... she may not be the authority. But your... the brash actions you take... she is injured and you might lose your only living witness... guilty or not to the murder she claims..."

Genny had already begun to gather whatever might be available for making a bandage or two.

"You... she... she is frightened and came willingly," this came out almost a whisper, speaking to herself due to Agnie leaving. She knelt down to begin her work; certainly not responding to the last of Agnie's requests, if not down right ignoring her.

To the injured little murderess her attentions turned. "We'll... we'll get this sorted. I.. I'll just patch you up. I-I-If that's alright?" If she could, she'd hold the girls hand and with the contact, rather than enter her mind dig around for information, possibly even cause more pain; she'd simply send a gentle wave of comforting thoughts her way. A small dose of calm, even if it was only for the minute or two Genny could sustain the mental exertion.

Though she had already been getting information out of the girl, with her own, and in her opinion, much kinder methods. Agnie would leave and Aleksei arrive, their talking barely audible as Genny tried to take care of the quivering bundle in the cell. She only shook her head upon hearing them, her report had already included the details - details which Agnie couldn't know, having not actually been there where the girl confessed to Rhaena, and the entire Dagger for that matter.
Tolleson

Return to Myrken Wood Meetinghouse