Pedagogy

Pedagogy

Postby Glenn » Sat May 04, 2013 3:08 am

Ariane,

You will forgive me. Moreover, you shall realize that I will not make a habit of this or look at you as a personal resource in this matter. The situation of which I write you and the request I am about to make is a singular thing. I understand the chance for precedent as much as anyone, but when it is you and when it is me, I defy it wholeheartedly. You have my assurance.

There is a boy, a Myrken boy. He is a clever lad, a lad very much on his own with only our fair province to nurture him. I do not wish for you to take him in; he has found lodging and a profession of his own and wears such accomplishments with pride. I do not wish you to teach him to use a blade; I am seeing to his knowledge of basic self defense through other quarters. What you would have to teach him would be far more than he would need and would, in fact, distract him what I feel he needs the most. When violence becomes an option, other options are so often left behind. We know this better than anyone.

He is a boy who cares deeply, who feels deeply. He is a boy thoroughly susceptible to the very worst of what humanity has to offer. I would have you provide him with something better, with something more, with a framework. As I understand it, you are slow to ease into the true act of teaching. I think, then, his presence by your side, a few hours a week, as you work through the moral problems he encounters or may encounter, would be quite good for both of you. Power and consequence, intention and lines to be crossed, or not to be. He has such will and such drive when it comes to his friends, when it comes to his home, but he knows not yet the weight of his actions with so heavy a heart. I would have him learn it from you before life teaches it to him in the worst possible ways.

His name is Cherny. You will hear from him soon.

Glenn
Glenn
Co-Founder

Return to Myrken Wood Meetinghouse