If It Might Please a Marshall

If It Might Please a Marshall

Postby Rance » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:33 pm

A very proper envelope stuffed with stern parchment. The papers were smeared with little fingerprints of black sweat, an evidence that required no seal to signify its sender; yet, the wax was there, a droplet from a candle pressed in with a young girl's makeshift seal of Darkenhold.

Marshall Emory,

This past week I was involfed in a very shameful practice, nameley the condemning of a woman by verdict in court, and while I was braught forward to testifie against her,

I was driven, by what I felt was unfareness toward the accused, to stand and speak on her behalf, for I shoult wish no woman brought before the mercy of a court be treated unfairly, even if I wisht she might die.

I have come to beleave that the governor's lady Rhaena Olwak is engaging in practises outside the reasonable means of the law and has manipulated others to do her bidding, you see I have rid myself of her sigil as not to be associated with her, also I have just today resigned from her tutelage,

I was a fool once in her little playroom court and shoult not wish to be again, I would request we speak at your convenience for I trust you very greatly,

your friend,
Glour'eya Wynsee
Rance
Co-Founder

Re: If It Might Please a Marshall

Postby Carnath-Emory » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:24 am

Glour'eya

With my thanks for your trust.

Come immediately.

- Ariane

Carnath-Emory

Postby Rance » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Following a conversation in the common room in the Broken Dagger, a letter is delivered forthwith.
There is nowone I trust more to stop my brain from being a Jernoan thing,

and I trust that despite the nature of our conversasion that you enjoyed your ale. you see, i could not remain long because my guts could not handle it, it hurts to say such things about Mna. Olwak but I am also a creature of truth and while i may ofen-times be very foolish i cannot abide a betrayer, lier, fool-maker as she has shown herself to be,

I will be writing Msa. Wodermore Miller shortly to advise him of the matter as you and I know it to be, that perhaps Cherny may be saved from experiensing upset at her hands as I have,

Also, I implore you to please ask around regarding Elliot Brown, what we did not speak of but that is very essential to understanding this situation: he has taken an armor and now speaks with a very proper tongue, an admyrable change were it not for

ONE, a sum of money charitably offered to his family and heralded by a letter from Mna. Olwak (I have spokken to his family in person, they are pleasant, bigatted, and common and praclaim he has been gone with his LADY for many years), and they have now taken to liveing in the Fletcher manor which they so recently bought from under its owners because of this abundence of coin, and

TWO, his presence as Mna. Olwak's guard at the trial abomination, where upon sending of the Storyteller to GOLBIN I spit upon his face,

both of which may be attriboted to ONE a sum of money provided unreasonably for his loyalty or TWO perhaps manipulation by Mna. Olwak in a matter of the mind, you see

The second half of the letter was impatiently scribbled in her sloppy Standard on the back of the first page.
It has come down to Mna. Olwak taking liberties where she ougt not take them, and yet how should children be trusted to her well-being if we cannot trust her to go through propper channels for something as simple as the trial of a known murderer

I will accept your lodging in Darkenhold, for I have recently removed myself from the BROKEN DAGGER as I cannot reliably make money selling bags or seamwork, there is not a want for a seamstress in a town where people are made blind to bad stitches because of pretty fabric, also I cannot be thankful enough for your patience and lack of judgement reguarding my knife, and also i might like to have those ONE OR TWO lessons which we have prefiously discused,

I fear in speaking strongly against a governor's lady maybe I will one day need them,

Again please allow me to accompany you in confronting Mna. Olwak if and when you choose I will not be held up like her fool again and wish her to know I do not hide behind the swords of others, whatever dear friends their wielders may be to me,

sincerely yours,
Glour'eya Wynsee
Rance
Co-Founder

Postby Carnath-Emory » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:37 am

Glour'eya

There is to be no confrontation.

The Governor is expected to return within days. He is Governor, the sera Olwuk is his wife, these concerns will be made his and this
mater will be resulved, I trust, by his hand. I haf no reason to believe that he would have the ends which you haf witnesed acumplished
by such means as you haf seen practised.

As to the rest this is not a conversation fit for words upon a page, we speak of these things when you are come for your lesson. It is well that
you haf this weapon but this too of which we wil speak.

Come promptly.
Keep your self well, upon your way.

- Ariane

Carnath-Emory

Postby Rance » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:58 am

I should hope resolved by his HAND and not by his tongue,

But Ariane this does not change the matters even if they are resolved, she must be held accountible for matters done wrongly. Yes? I do not like this GOLBIN, last night I have had a dream about it not like my other dream, and the ground was hot with fire and you could step from one end of the city to the other on bodies of the dead. It is an awful place and I shoult wish it does not exist at all

Woult that I have come over the whole see by slaveship only to step foot in Jernoah again? I have escaped that place and do not wish it reborn here

sometimes in Jernoah there are children whose lifes are so fully of simplicity and wonder for living that they must be made an example of, the Brothers and Sisters fill them to the brim with sins and blasphemies like tightly-corked bottles and loose them on the world, as exiles they grow old and die and when they die the sins of fifty thousand Jernos leak from their body to stain and curse the foreign soil for miles around,

GOLBIN sounds like this type of place. I am sick to think of it.

I look forward to our next talk. I am glad for friends.

yours,
Glour'eya Wynsee
Rance
Co-Founder

Return to Myrken Wood Meetinghouse