Acquisition of Materials

Acquisition of Materials

Postby Rance » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:40 am

There was no lack of correspondence from the girl; hers was a world, after all, that was made more organized by the function of letters. Letters gave her control, a sense of purpose.

Dear Marshall Emory,

First and formost, I believe it is necessary to inform you of a humor: the other day whilst I was learning the very basics with my corderstaff (it cost six shillengs and is sturdy like I am), Proctor Duquesne sought to show me some of his skills, he made a grand display of showing off, and proceeded to nearly knock his own head off with it. Only his shoulder and his pride suffered and I tried my very best not to laugh

too hard into my sleeve.

But of more pressing business:

While I am in dett to you for a great many kindnesses, includeing but not limited to my upcoming lodgeging at Darkenhold, I woult wish to ask for the forwarding of some several hundred similarly-cut squares of parchment to me, I know that the supplies at Darkenhold are abundint, but also recognise that paper, reed, and pulp is not cheap and must be replenisht,

I am of meagre means, you see, and I will be thankful for whatever amount you might spare to me, and will return the money to you through my earnings over time if this please you,

sincerely yours,
Glour'eya Wynsee
Rance
Co-Founder

Re: Acquisition of Materials

Postby Carnath-Emory » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:03 pm

Glour'eya

As this untooward event seems highly improbable I shall be certun to question the Proctor upon
the matter. Perhaps for several hours. To be sure that no detail whatsoever goes unmentioned.

Such a quantity of parchment is simply had but not immediately so. I am told you may expect a
delivery no less than three days from now.

- Ariane

How unfortunate it is that the fine rhetor will receive a letter so brief, and in such a state. Not crumpled beyond
repair, at least, and not entirely illegible, if one's willing to forgive the crookedness of its lines, the unevenness
of the hand, but really. It's as if the writer had spat her tea across fully half of the thing.
Carnath-Emory

Return to Myrken Wood Meetinghouse