Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Postby Guppy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:47 pm

Dark One,

Thought I would check in on you. I have heard a great many things about you and the position in which you find yourself as of late. I am certain that you do not expect it to be very flattering information. You aren't that dimwitted. Those in town may march to the beat of Rhaena's drum, but the tavern is a different place.

The company that I keep these days is far from my preference. Too noble for my tastes. They find me useful for the moment, which is a change. Whelp is learning to dance with that fool boy in the mornings. He also teaches her reading and writing, much to my dismay. I enjoyed sending letters on her behalf when she had no idea of the content. It's the little things, you know.

They warn me about you. They vow that you will betray me. That Rhaena will steal the girl and I will be adrift once more. Or worse. I am disappointed to say that I can see the truth of it. Her power is much too tempting for you, pet. I can not say that I don't understand that desire.

Still, I don't have to trust you in order to find you entertaining. One of us will betray the other. Won't it be exciting to see which of us wins?

Yours, X
Guppy

Re: Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Postby Glenn » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:59 pm

Bella,

They. They. They. You say this 'they.' Who are they to know anything at all? Letters are impersonal. Leverage is everything. Power is fleeting. They are fools. If I betray you, it will be for me, not her. I would expect no less from you. If you need worry about anything, worry about the boy actually falling for her. He has a good heart even if it is an artificial one and your body cleans up nicely. Proximity is the basis of every relationship, yes? If you want to talk, do it in person. If you want to threaten me, do it from a few inches away.

Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Guppy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:18 pm

Dark One,

How can a girl say no to that, hm? I will be in touch.

Yours, X
Guppy

Postby Guppy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:01 am

It could see the intelligence of Giuseppe's words. Keep enemies close and all that. What It could not see was if Giuseppe numbered among enemies or friends, in this case. Perhaps that was why the creature found him so enchanting. Frankly, It did not know whether she wanted to lick the marrow from his corpse or lock together with him - claws and teeth in back and shoulder, respectively. Perhaps a little of both. So infrequently did It find others It thought may be equals. It was undecided about the man. Eyes closed and It remembered fire and chaos and It purred. They snapped open to the vellum that lay upon the desk beside the irritating pet of the whelp. The mouse was in hiding, peeking out at the monster from the nest made of felt and cloth, feathers and bones. In a moment of irritation, It closed the cage door with relish and set aside the letter for Gloria - to be delivered later - and began another after easing the wildling into a restful state within her mind.

It was time to change the state of play. Time to play both sides until It figured out which was the winning one. It made efforts to please both, so that It could shift with ease, when the time came. Like all long-living creatures, It was a selfish sort. Others were so fragile, so quick to succumb to death. Why bother with concerning Itself about their feelings, their lives? Niall has such promise, but It felt the girl had been shackled with grief about Elliot. Useless for the moment. It had to make sure that It did not fall. Not again. It was the only thing that mattered. And, for the moment, the whelp. With a smile, the quill was taken up and she scribed.

Dearest,
I have taken time to think on your words. I am beginning to find the wisdom in working with your Lady. The childish rebellion against her is fraying at the edges. They are like lost lambs. Weakening in your attempts to undermine. You are clever, darling, but I am certain that you know that. As I have informed you, Olwak has not seen any reason to work with me. I can not seek employ unless you speak with her. She can only see the girl held captive by a monster. I request your counsel in this, as one familiar. I know you do not favor the written word, so we may speak at your convenience.

Do not leave me waiting long.

- Yours, X
Guppy

Postby Glenn » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:02 am

Megera,

It is past time (or is it passed time. letters. pfah) that we speak once more. I see your other self on her knight's arm growing stronger. She waxes. You wane. A tragedy. Meet me at the lake after their lessons. Dress accordingly so that I know it is you. I shall bring the wine.

Giuseppe
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Guppy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:55 pm

Giuseppe,
It took quite some time, but I do believe that I have successfully arranged for the boy's downfall. Cherny slayed Niall, though it was out of love for his Knight. Semantics.

You're Welcome.

Love, Your Megera

The letter was found in the Rememdium and delivered by a confused nurse.
Guppy

Postby Glenn » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:13 am

Genny had left an hour ago, two hours ago? Longer perhaps. There was too much going on and he had meant to travel to Darkenhold. If her attempt to pick up the knight went poorly, he almost didn't want to know. This note, however, now in front of him, was holding him in place. When he laughed it was a bitter thing. It was a lingering act of villainy and desperation from a half-life he no longer desired or needed.

That didn't mean it wasn't interesting. That didn't mean it wasn't fascinating. That she had a hand in this, however, spoke wonders for her efficiency. He always wondered if she could back up anything she said.

A small dropper was removed from a drawer. Burnie was obsessive about keeping every document. Giuseppe, however, knew the value of secrecy. Liquid fell upon the letter and a moment later, it was naught but ash and dust.
Glenn
Co-Founder

Return to Myrken Wood Meetinghouse