The Man in White; The Thing in Noura

The Man in White; The Thing in Noura

Postby Rance » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:37 am

The letter had been passed through all its necessary exercises: the words were scraped by quill and not charcoal; the sentences had been dashed with sand to dry them in haste; finally, a dollop of candlewax bearing a crestless depression kept the folds in line.

THE MAN WITH WHITE CLOTHES read its address.

It was fortunate that the written word, when applied so basely, could not convey the fright roiling through the veins of the writer.

I shoult like to meet with you. We are not friends. I am afraid of you. But frite does not dictate against a need for truth espesially in reguards to a Storyteller,

I woult like to speak to you, I will bring my knife, I am bad at stabbing, and I shoult wish we discuse many things Black Man, but I woult prefer to feel safe in doing so

Yours,
Gloria Wynsee

When that letter was couried, she wrote another. Her hand did not shake as much with this one. She delivered it as she had others over the past few days: she slipped it underneath the door to Noura's room at the Broken Dagger.

Pek'oret,

If you think I am afraid, you are right, if you think I am frighted, you are right, but if you think I am weak, you are wrong, if you think I flownder, you are wrong,

I await word from The Man in White that I may reseave audience with him and per Noura's suggestion, for I trust her very grately even though we may not always agree, I will allow you to be present if you may find a way,

but not Noura, there must be clear seperations drawn between YOU and HER for her place at Elliot's side to retain its importants,

I am fifteen, I am stupid, but I do not hide in holes,

yours,
Gloria Wynsee
Rance
Co-Founder

Re: The Man in White; The Thing in Noura

Postby Glenn » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:56 am

Wynsee,

If you want to feel safe, bring your Catch.

If you actually want to talk, bring yourself.

Come to the Inquisitory. I like my chair. It would look terrible in red.

Still, you are uniquely foolish.

Giuseppe

Oh, and your time is running low.

Even I cannot help she who does not want to be helped.
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Guppy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:13 am

Little Birdy,
You are quite honestly the most foolish person I've met. Still, I wish you luck in dealing with him. Try not to get yourself killed.

I will attend if he wishes it to be so. I have no reason to be in attendance otherwise.

Watch your back. I hope that your boldness is rewarded most favorably.

- X
Guppy

Postby Rance » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:32 am

...your time is running low.

Part of her -- the fragment that cared about seams and Soodsies, singing and stitches -- wished he had not returned a letter at all, or that he would deny her. But his response came with haste, and she scribbled a quick retort for fear her boldness would leak too quickly out of her.
Black Man,

I do not need your help, I will not accept your help, for Hso’cholq covered in blood cannot benefit anyone,

Within the next day, and then I will come, and then we will talk,

yours,
Gloria Wynsee

And lastly, to the pek'oret, a response jotted on the back of its delivered note:
Foolish or not, I am no insect like you, I shoult only hope you protect Noura when the time comes that you must
Rance
Co-Founder

Postby Glenn » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:07 am

Wynsee,

It does not make you clever to put foreign words that no one else knows into your letters. Be clever in the ways you are clever, not that. Unless that was your plan, to make me try to say that word out loud and hurt my throat. If that is the case, know that I was not fooled.

-G
Glenn
Co-Founder

Return to Myrken Wood Meetinghouse