Task I: Eleventh-Hour Defection

Re: Task I: Eleventh-Hour Defection

Postby Guppy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:06 am

The creature was sprawled in his comfortable chair and if It was startled, It gave no indication. "Back when you used to be fearsome," she remarked, idly, only the vaguest of hint of mirth in her voice. Insult or jest? One couldn't tell with this woman. She seemed wholly comfortable in her seat and made no move to rise at his entrance.

His comment about her housecalls made her lips quirk upwards in a smile, though it was more passive than perhaps expected. "How would you know my habits, darling? We've only just begun to work with one another," she remarked, examining her nails. "I have spoken with your Councillor Berdini. Charming man. Your position as my favorite may be threatened," she warned, snuggling back into the chair. Making herself at home. "He gave me a name as well." Could a man such as Giuseppe feel jealousy? Would he bother to feel it for her? She couldn't be certain.
Guppy

Postby Glenn » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:14 am

"Oh?" Droll, quiet. He smiled though it was very much despite himself. "I'm still fearsome. I know where all the bodies are hidden. That makes me much scarier to anyone with enough imagination." She baited him and he baited her back.

Then she tried another tactic altogether, making him jealous. "Next time, Megera, go find Altias Bromn and possess him. Then you might get a real reaction from the magician. You're a bit too shapely as you are now. Kind words but not nearly enough leers. How do you know a boy is fond of you if he does not politely leer, yes?"
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Guppy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:33 am

"Yes, but you hide your teeth now," she accused. The two of them baited one another, threatened. Flirted - at least in her case. "Maybe my imagination is somewhat lacking lately. Myrken is so tamed by your Lady's hand. All the predators are fat and happy. Well fed," she remarked, dropping heels upon the floor and leaning forward towards him.

"Ah, he likes them somewhat more stocky, does he?," mused to herself. "There were leers, but perhaps they were false." A pause, something occurring to her. "You never leer either," she retorted, sullen for a moment. "Politely or not."

She slumped in her chair again, expression stormy as she thought on the information she had gathered. "I pressed him for his reasons behind his vote. He thought that adhereing to his vote against the Vice-Governor would be useless. He called it a lost cause. I assume that he thought her the lesser of evils, especially taking Treadwell into consideration." Her dislike for the rotund man was not well-hidden. "He says that River is wont to go chasing after other things, once she gets bored. He remains loyal to your Lady, for better or worse," she assured, her expression bored.

"Does that satisfy you?"
Guppy

Postby Glenn » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:20 am

"I've spent years hiding my teeth," and here there was a little smile a subdued thing. It was a sort of dull impulsiveness when he was with her. He could simply go along with however he felt and not overthink things. He could be natural, because really, why not? She was dangerous but it was the sort of danger that did not immediately lurk. There were more pressing things. She was almost an escape from them, just like all of his others. "At least you cay never say that my leers are false, then, yes?" the two comments combined into a third, and now he actually looked at her. "I have a file on you, you see? What do you know about me?" There had been a glint of recognition not that long ago but it was only that. She had never acted as one who knew him would. "What do you truly know save for what you wish to believe?"

That was that and business was business and he had to feign a bit of disappointment when it came to Berdini. "At least tell me that you were able to rough him up a bit. He deserves it and more." The man in white scoffed slightly. "That sounds like him trying to pull the wool over your eyes, yes? You at least jab your finger into the eye of those who do that?"
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Guppy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:08 am

"Where is the fun in that?," she questioned, her words both impatient and dismissive. There was certainly a measure of comfort in her own stance around him. They may have played games with one another, but they were enjoyable games. Their habit of barbed words and circular conversations were hardly any sort of threat at all. Two creatures reveling in the kinship between them, even if they could not escape their natures altogether. "False leers might be preferable to absent ones," she complained, a pouting expression leveled at him that was a strange thing to see etched upon her face. Unnatural. A mockery of humanity, as if she did not quite understand it. "Ooh, a file? On me. I'm flattered. What does it say, then? Devilishly good looking, a joy to converse with?," asked lightly, unsung laughter in her voice. "I suspect there is hardly anything of value within it, honestly. We are, after all, mostly strangers. Neither one of us letting guard down enough to expose our fleshy underbelly. Not trusting our teeth or claws," she drawled, with a smile. "Perhaps I only know you because you are much like myself. Opportunistic and unabashed. Perhaps we've met before. I suppose I will just have to leave you wanting, dear."

He was unsatisfied with the intelligence she'd managed to get from the Councilor. "He seemed truthful enough, though lying comes naturally to politicians," her shrug was unapologetic. "I warned him that his words may not bring you solace. I warned that I might have to return to his very pleasant company," she admitted, her smile almost eager. "We shared a drink and pleasant conversation, I'm afraid. Sorry to disappoint." She considered him. "If I did that, you would be blind many a time over, I suspect."
Guppy

Postby Glenn » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:24 am

"That would be a new one, yes? I have been a, how do we say it," said with an affectation in his voice, for while sometimes he did grasp at words, this was one he had plenty of time in the past to consider, "a wraith, feeding on stories, Never blind though. Burnt," with a little wince to go along with the word. "with an axe lodged in my side, once, but no, never blind. Do not get ideas, Megera. If I am blind, i shall never ever leer at you."

They spoke of Berdini though. "I would kill him if I could, him more than any other in Myrken, but i am leashed just enough to," a little pause, a wave of his hand. "Well, if I could kill anyone, I could think of someone else. It would mean my death though, which, so far as I can tell, is one of the largest, ah, deterrents, there are. I could make this all right, you know. One slash of a blade. I could end all this," he had become maudlin now. It was one thing to talk about death, but to talk about your own? "but it would be the end of me. Sometimes I wonder."
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Guppy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:05 am

He mentioned that he had been burned and she smiled wide. "You know my penchant for flame, don't you? It is lovely. Cleansing," she remarked, voice light. Awed. He threatened never to leer at her if he were blind and her laughter was a bright spot in their dark subterfuge. "Well, you might leer slightly to the left, it is true," playfully remarked.

There was a rude noise as he mentioned killing Berdini. "Would you? He hardly seemed worth the effort, Giuseppe," she chided. Not knowing the Councilor as he did of course meant that she was at a disadvantage, however. She did not know what he could do. He spoke of his death and she gave him a sharp look. Pushing herself from her chair, she attempted to lean upon his desk near the man. Arms came back, palms to curl around the wooden surface as she watched him. "What troubles you?," she asked, as gently as she could muster.
Guppy

Postby Glenn » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:55 am

Penchant for flame. Lovely. It was as if they had two different conversations, and some of that was his own withdrawn nature with her. Some of it, though, was that she was going to say what she was going to say whether or not if made sense in the confines of what they were talking about. Then, though, it was the matter of leering. "You see, Megera, it is like this, yes? This body, while you decorate it nicely enough, is not you. I understand this more than most. Were I to leer at you, I would be leering at some poor hapless girl who hangs on a knight's arm and dances in gowns. How am I suppose to leer at something which is more of an, ah, let us say, idea?"

What troubled him? What did not these days. She was an escape and not something he would look towards for this. No, she would be busied enough by his question.
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Guppy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:09 pm

The creature's shoulders lift in a shrug, unconcerned. "All the same. It is me now," she admitted, carelessly. "I am here and not likely to go elsewhere. My former body has been rotting for quite some time. I doubt that you'd find it any more enticing," she drawled, teasing. A glance down along her frame, considering it with critical eye. "You don't enjoy this form? The Knight finds it pleasant enough," she remarked. Though, she paused, considered. "I presume. He has never made one move towards the girl," she admitted.

Lips quirked in amusement, watching the dark one as she leaned upon his fancy desk. "An idea, a personality. Well, that is the important part. In Lady Burnie's Myrken, that can be changed so readily, it is good to cherish it."

He did not remark on what troubled him and her expression was pensive as she watched him, never missing that he neglected to tell her anything of importance.
Guppy

Postby Glenn » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:26 am

"Am I the knight?" It was almost said with annoyance. He'd avoided Elliot Gahald almost completely over the last few months. The Lady Marshall had her charms (an understatement, but he was good at such things), but there was no reason to deal with the knight. He was Rhaena Olwak's light. Giuseppe was her darkness. And so it seemed that It here was his.

She leaned upon his desk, probably mussing papers this way and that, and he was glad she wasn't the other demoness he knew. She would leave residue. Unpleasant. It was, in her own way, pleasant enough. "Ah, Megera, know this." He reached out despite himself. He tapped at her nose. "No one is changing your idea. I have a say on this, yes? So long as I have a say, you are protected. Do not think of me as a knight, but a patron supporting an artist, you see?"
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Guppy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:41 am

The creature noted a soft spot, a weakness that brought him ire. "Thankfully not," she remarked, voice casual as she watched him with those darkened eyes. "She is fetching enough, though," stated while turning this way and that to gaze over the form she resided within.

Backside was leaned against the desk, long legs crossed, arms across her chest. She watched him, nose scrunching when he tapped at it. Her expression was amused, eyes half-lidded to match her casual stance. "I would never think of you as a knight. A patron of the artist sounds so formal," she complained, shrewd gaze upon him. "I thought we were far friendlier than that."
Guppy

Postby Glenn » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:02 am

"More fetching. It's something in the cheeks though," The man in white smiled. Both of them were now playing with each other's vanity, with each other's sense of self. It was a game, one of many, but the stakes were so nebulous. He was a man who had no idea what he wanted with the creature before him. Amusement. Escape. Sensation. It was a strange arrangement between the two of them, one full of promise but with so little action. "The creases and lines left behind. It does not match you. It speaks of deception. Honestly, it reminds me a bit of a teahouse girl." A subject he had known well enough during his time in Myrken, he and Berdini both.

It was back to them, though, not just her, not just him but whatever arrangement was between the both. "I don't know, Megera. You tell me. What are we? I rather like being a patron. It feels like I am bringing something unique and wonderful to the world."
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Guppy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:59 am

The creature peered askance at him from her position on his desk as he explained. He found Noura's pretty little form ill-fitting. For a moment, she pursed lips to hollow out her cheeks as he mentioned the creases. The solemn expression eased into another lazy smile and she leaned towards him. Dark demon eyes watched him with true affection. "It does feel much too small sometimes. So trivial. Vulnerable." She wondered if the force of her spirit was not well-confined. "Maybe you can choose another for me, someday," she offered him that honor, though she did not appear to be in a hurry to leave the waifish young woman. It was her turn to attempt to tap his nose, now. "You really must stop comparing me to whores, darling." There did not appear to be any anger in her voice, despite the gentle rebuke.

She pushed off of the desk and approached his side. "Why, Giuseppe, we are friends," she informed him, though it was said with enough mirth that it wasn't clear if she were serious or not. If he did not seek to stop her, she would lean in to press cool, cautious lips upon the skin of his cheek. She would linger for longer than was warranted, lips parting briefly to press the tip of her tongue there. She smelled of ash, her touch like electricity against nerve endings. She leaned away again, though did not drift far. The creature was a tactile being - at least when it came to the High Inquisitor. "I am certainly unique. I'm not sure that many would qualify me as wonderful, however," she mused to herself, those eyes searching him.
Guppy

Postby Glenn » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:36 am

"We could solve a good number of problems if we found the right body." Rhaena Olwak's for instance. A possession there would be lovely. Would solve all of this. He could keep getting his 'medicine' and ... an insane ghost would rule Myrken. Perhaps that was out. She continued to speak. "Shame, I know this lovely Teahouse girl with a bosom about, ah, this big, no? No?" He smiled, though and that was a little rare. This was nothing staged. "I think I, ah, what is it, liken, yes? I think that I liken everyone to teahouse girls. It is the only thing I have in common with our resident monster, Catch."

He let her advance, he let her have her little kiss, her way. He did not object. He did not draw back. Nor did he draw in. She watched him. He watched her. "See, that is because you do not appreciate art. So few do. For a time, it was stories that I was bound to, stories that I needed to live. If you look back at all I'd asked you then, all I'd done before, you'd see that. Now? Now I can appreciate many different sorts of beauty, and what is beauty but art, yes? I can even appreciate yours."
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Guppy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:40 am

"They would all feel like a deception. Wrong creases and lines. I would never get my leer from you," the creature laughed. As if that was all that mattered. Her eyes almost glowed as they watched him, lips curled in gentle manner. His answering, genuine smile as he spoke about the teahouse girl almost startled her. It changed the look in her eyes to something far hungrier. Perhaps that was the reason why she kissed the skin of his cheek. Perhaps that was the reason her tongue darted out to taste him.

"I must admit to not understanding the siren's call of the girls in the teahouse. Other than the desperation and lies wafting from them like perfume. I suppose I could see the merit in that," she admitted. "I think that I would like to hurt one, someday. To see those false emotions melt into real fear, real pain." She whispered, she purred this into his ear before she managed to draw away and gaze at him anew. Her rule would have been filled with terror and flame. The corners of her lips lifted. "Or maybe I will satisfy myself with you, darling." As if his emotions were just as false, as if he was hiding himself from her, as well. Perhaps that is why she liked to be tactile with him, wanting to inspire something. Anything. Desire, anger, affection. She was oft left wanting.

He spoke of art and she nodded. "I've had no use for it, true enough." He spoke of beauty, of art. "False beauty, false art."

She rose and reclaimed her seat, plopping down and peering at him with fingers steepled before her lips. Her eyes danced at him. "Now, then. You mentioned a reward."
Guppy

PreviousNext

Return to Myrken Wood Meetinghouse