A Silent Arrival

A Silent Arrival

Postby Jirai » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:42 pm

The letters were not delivered immediately. No, the spent a certain amount of time in the possession of the messenger, while the messenger laboriously puzzled through as many words as was possible. Some of the larger ones (conclusively? What on earth was that?), were a loss, but the messenger was able to get an idea of what each note was about.

Of course, it might not have been the right idea.

~*~

The letter for Councilor Treadwell simply appeared on the man's desk one morning, the Meetinghouse having long since ceased to be a problem for the messenger.

Councilor Treadwell

I do not expect you to trust that I am once again my self. Instead I offer you an invitation: meet me at the address below, one hour after sunrise two days from now. There you will see what the Militia is prepared to do in Myrken's defense. Once you have seen your fill we will speak of whatever you wish, and it will include my intentions for Myrken's immediate future.

Our time is short. We will act swiftly and conclusively. Be prompt.

- Ariane.

[Beneath, an address which he might not immediately recognise, located as it is in one of Myrken's poorest districts.]
Jirai
Op

Re: A Silent Arrival

Postby Treadwell » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:13 pm

The message wouldn't spend long on the desk in question--merely the length of time that it took for Councilor Treadwell to finish throwing together something for breakfast in the Meetinghouse kitchen. Thus, over a meal, he would read, frowning, mmphing gruffily between bites.

The note would be tucked into an inside pocket of his robe, well out of anyone else's reach.

Alice, the children, Langley, and Elizia will be sent out of town tomorrow morning, sent to safety with the Tubbians in Colmouth, in a coach driven by the family butler and pulled by Arnold the horse.

It seems that the Councilor would have a meeting to visit in a couple of evenings.
"Looks like a table to me. Do you think it could hold up someone as bulbous as Treadwell?" -- Dr. Brennan, Myrken Wood Rememdium Edificium
Treadwell

Return to Myrken Wood Meetinghouse