Three Inquests, Two Letters

Three Inquests, Two Letters

Postby Rance » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:05 am

It was not on Inquisitory stock, but on a thinner piece of parchment from Darkenhold.

Ariane,

Last night we spoke, it was imperfect and unclear.

Let me be clear because to be clear is to be true--

The changing of minds is unacceptable.

If my mind has been tuched by some one else, if it has been Swaint, and if this is truly unacceptable, you must recognize that I am simultaneaisley cam kom comp compremised and aware that I am compremised; this is a very fragile and fritening state and what it necessitates is both a friend and a Marshall. And in this I am asking you not to trust me but to trust those I would trust with my very insignificant life. You are among these.

I do not want violence or blood, but I also want things to be righted, and things are to be known. And if I do not have your help then surely I will ruin this too as I ruin so many other things

We speak of this only that what I ask will be done, that I may trust those I care for most to gather knowledge for me because I cannot be trusted to do it my own.

Else you are a bane to my Proctor’s teachings, where one must speak even if one fears to speak, where the voice of people is as loud as those who lead them. Else you are not a Marshall and care so less for your people and more for the comfort of your Governor despite his foulness and lies; else you are a Civil Constabol.

I have offered REASONIBLE inquests: Mister Catch and Noura to inquire the truth from Mna. Tolleson, that we may agree on a proper future course; you and I to approach Agnieszka, that she may see the fruits of MEDDLING and discover if she knew, that we may agree on a proper future course; Cherny, with proper protection, to inquire about Glenn Burnie’s truths or untruth.

And only when the facts are known will a future course be set.

They ought have your blessing. Else this thing may be done with blood, for with you this may remain reasonable, but without you? Things fall apart in my hands Ariane, you know this well.

Please.

Glour'eya

Another letter was attached beneath the first, written too in Gloria Wynsee's hand. A transcription. A favor for a friend, accompanied by a drawing of a fat, black, bat-winged tick labelled HRIMFAX.

I am sorry I would not tell Hrimfax such things he would kick me in the knees and in the belly and it would be earned. I am tired of no-one listening, they listen but they DO NOT CARE.

I try to listen very good but the Wormwoman took my fixing away and Glenn is busy Redrawing Maps of People and I am tired that such listening is more important than my sayings. I am sorry. And sorry. And sorry I made all your Silver spill out. And I am sorry for what I did to get This Box,

can you please take This Box from me, I am scared of it, I am a Knight but not a very good Guard and it Sings to me but I won't open it. I WON'T.
Rance
Co-Founder

Re: Three Inquests, Two Letters

Postby Carnath-Emory » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:01 pm

Glour'eya

The changing of minds is unacceptable.

Should there come a futur day upon which you find yourself unsure of my opinion on this, you need simply unfold this letter and read it a second time.
Writing words upon paper is better I think for keeping reicords than for cunversation.

I thank you for your trust, whatever its details. I had not in the slitest expected it.

Know this;

. That if I do not judge you compromised. This may be an error although I think it unlikly, for I find your behayvor not much changed from those days
before the Governor's speech.

. That I do not judge you a danger ekcepting in those ways that were true of you months ago. This is not an error.

Fear is at once a Proctor and a villain.

It wishes to defour you. It will command you if it can. But that which it teches can seldom be lernt elsewhere.
Question its instructions. Breath slowly until you feel that you command yourself.

Your inquests;

. You do best not to command Catch to the Rememmdeyom. He fears and dispises that place it will not go well with him if he is forced to it. Best you have
Catch and Noura wait until Inquisitor Tolleson is suffishuntly recovered that she need tarry there no longer.

. I intend of course to join you in your visit upon the Chairwoman.

. On cuncluding this letter I journey to the Governor's office. Should those cunclusions I return with proof insuffishunt I welcome Cherny of course to do as
he pleases, with such protection as he and I feel is necessary.

Ariane

Threats are best wielded by those who understand the art.

Carnath-Emory

Re: Three Inquests, Two Letters

Postby Carnath-Emory » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:09 pm

A Letter For Catch

Which you will kindly read allowd for his sake.

I would like to listen to these things. Of fixing, of maps. Of whatever other thing you would want to speak.
I am sorry that there has not latly been more time for this.

That box is not a punnishment and it is not a berdun which you must carry or guard.
If you wish to be rid of it this will be done. But if you are wiling we shall open it together some day and then you
will see that inside there are only small pley things chosen just for you.

Ariane

Carnath-Emory

Return to Myrken Wood Meetinghouse