Worse Things Than Hell.

Worse Things Than Hell.

Postby Saraphael » Tue May 15, 2007 4:01 am

It is okay to take what you need, if you truly need it, Michael.

Michael. There was a delicious irony in the name of the young man whose envious eyes cast themselves upon the same woman time and again. Michael Hart was a hunter, just like his father -- before the poor man had gotten himself killed. He liked to be in the thick of trouble, and he liked pretty women.

It was little wonder that Ivory had caught his eye, then. While his memory skirted around her existance, his body had remembered the warmth of her touch, and the teasing promise that the next woman he desired would desire him in return.

It made it easier when Malinda had gone to the edge of town. Malinda Fairbanks was a pretty girl, as pretty girls in Myrken went. With blond hair of honeyed wheat and pretty blue eyes of the sky, she was slightly vain in her beauty. Michael Hart never would have a chance.

If he hadn't taken one.

The hunter had covered the mouth of a delicious, budding woman and dragged her farther into the woods that he loved so much. He had grabbed slight wrists, and all of his physical fury was spent forcefully into the body of a girl.

Above the struggling pair, a creature of fair beauty and lavender tints sat, watching with amused intrigue. Nothing was said, even as the hunter's knife was 'remembered', even as the struggling cries of a girl were silenced with a burble of blood from her throat. Nothing at all, as a bloody hunter staggered away from the scene to go clean himself up.

Mine..
Saraphael

Postby Tebrin » Tue May 15, 2007 4:09 am

Olive-skinned Tybalt loved these woods as well. They were home. They were shelter. They were familiar. The woman's presence lingering therein did not go un-noticed by the esoteric young man, and he found himself following, unbidden, the silent beckoning of the lavender-haired young beauty.

And it was onto this scene, equally unbidden, that he stumbled in its last moments. He watched, helplessly far removed from the doomed young girl as scarlet vitae spilled, and a promising young life was snuffed in a blanket of wet crimson. The features of the hunter were taken in by murky blue depths, held in clear remembrance by young, adept mind.

But they were not the ones who had drawn him here.

His attention turned to the one hidden in the tree, the one who could -not- hide from him, for all of her best efforts. Thin lips twitched into an uncertain grimace, before slipping back to the crime - the lingering taint of sin thrust upon mortality by young Cain so long ago.

Pleasantly-accented, lilting words slipped forth from the young man's lips, a note of bemused curiosity tinting their syllables as he approached the perished woman.

"Oh, what have you gone and tricked these poor fools into this time?"
Tebrin

Postby Saraphael » Tue May 15, 2007 4:14 am

"Tricked?"

The delicate creature carefully lowered herself out of the branches that supported her weight. The cooling body of a vain girl was barely given a second glance as bare feet stepped through bloodied ground to reach the side of the olive-skinned magi.

"There was no trickery, Tybalt," Ivory murmured, though she finally glanced behind her to the girl that lay dead in the grass. "There was desire."

The curving of her lips was a sly thing, as was the cut of plum eyes that returned their vision to that of the taller man before her. "He wanted her. And more. Oh so much more."

The female paused, then added quite thoughtfully. "I wonder who he'll go after next."
Saraphael

Postby Tebrin » Tue May 15, 2007 4:19 am

He shook his head in apparent disapproval - though it clashed with the amused smirk that curled upon his lips. Right arm reached to snake about the woman's slender waist and draw her against his side. He would have made some effort to tend to the body - but he had no desire to implicate himself in this particular crime by inadvertantly leaving some trace upon the form.

Irises darkened to nearly black, jaw clenching tightly before he tore his gaze from the poor, victimized female - and his back upon the scene entirely. "For the record, I despise rape." What he had done to the last rapist he had confronted on behalf of his victim had been... gruesome, to say the least.

"So, let me get this straight..." he began, in carefully neutral tones, as piercing gaze settled upon the eyes of the pale young thing he held so near.

"You turned a lustful young man into a murdering rapist?"
Tebrin

Postby Saraphael » Tue May 15, 2007 4:25 am

"Prove it."

Ivory's smile was somewhat serene as she looked up at him. What had he expected to deal with? Oh, but true, she had mostly shown him the beauty that once existed. This wickedness was yet unseen.

Michael was a delightful triumph. Moreso because she knew his mind.

"He is a hunter, bereft of his father after the plague," the young woman began even as she leaned her head to rest on his chest. "He is alone, and unsure of how to proceed."

So, she had told him. Society's demand for protocol? Nonsense. If he wished a pretty girl, all he had to do was what he desired.

"The killing was his own idea," Ivory purred softly, even as she lifted up on tiptoes to look over his shoulder at the gruesome scene. "I hope that wasn't one of yours. A little too self-centered for your type, I thought."
Saraphael

Postby Tebrin » Tue May 15, 2007 4:33 am

A brief rush of breath as he snorted in response to her explanation. Fingertips twined into silken strands of lavender as gaze returned to the murder. What struck him most about the scene was ... well, how little it struck him. He felt little sorrow for the girl's death - only for her assault, but even that was scarcely his business. After all... they had shown far less concern for him when he needed them most.

I hope You're watching this... these are the men You created, and the creatures You abandoned.

Shaking that particular internal dialogue from his mind, pupils contract as he focuses once more upon the lifeless frame of the pretty young girl. A brief shake of the head to the left and right - one of his? No... no, he had never seen this one before.

"She is not mine... though you should know as well as I - the selfish are the most pliant. Still, remarkable that you drove a man to murder without even intending."

A moment's hesitation, and then the sudden spreading of a wry smirk into a full grin - a handsome gesture, really, cheeks dimpling and teeth perfect, for that is what convinced young, naive men and women that a man was trustworthy, was it not? - "Such desperate men can prove quite useful, however..."
Tebrin

Postby Saraphael » Tue May 15, 2007 4:38 am

This was the same female that cried in the Broken Dagger that he had struck her. Now, she easily curled into his embrace. "It is about time you complimented me. Hmph. My first work that's grown into something useful, and you chastise me on my methods."

But she was teasing, even as she twisted out of his grasp to start away from the grisley scene. It would be found soon enough, and she did not wish to be there when it was. The two of them standing and talking near a brutilized corpse simply looked bad.

"What have you been doing today?" Ivory asked softly over her shoulder, even as she allowed the grass and leaves of the forest floor to remove the blood from her bare feet. "Anything so noteworthy?"
Saraphael

Postby Tebrin » Tue May 15, 2007 4:58 am

Indeed. Somehow, it simply gave the wrong impression when one spoke carelessly, ignoring a corpse some ten feet from them. For some illogical reason, they might just assume they had something to do with the crime. It was unfair and unjust, but somehow they would just reach that conclusion. Feet fell into stride behind her, one soft leather boot in front of the other, eyes taking a moment to wander her frame - from the top of lavender curls to the soles of bloodied feet.

It was like he had told Aeryn: if he had the chance, he'd have hit her too.

"It is not your methods that disturb me - I simply find rape rather distasteful, as far as severe crimes go." He corrected her, smile broadening ever so slightly. Pace quickens so that he may catch up to her long-legged stride and fall into step beside her. Dark-skinned hand finds its way back to her shoulder almost unconsciously, where it rests comfortably upon that firm curve.

"I delivered some literature to young Rhaena ... for her perusal and proper education, of course... and paid a visit to a pair of young sisters whose tormentor I... did away with on request. I cannot say I've done anything quite so spectacular as drive a man to kill."

Voice dropped a decibel, took on a tone of innuendo, gaze sliding to the side to regard her from the corners of dark blue eyes - which seemed, in the shifting light, to gradually lighten from their near-pitch hues. "Of course, I don't have the resources you do."
Tebrin

Postby Saraphael » Tue May 15, 2007 5:09 am

"Technically, I did not tell him to do anything. It was his own imagination that came up with the ways and means of that little crime," Ivory grinned up at him as he finally caught up with her. Her arm shifted behind him so that a hand could steady itself on the small of his back.

While listening to the day's events, she could only tilt her head and listen to what was not being said. He was somewhat amused -- and awed -- by her ability to cause this kind of chaos. That pleased her, and Ivory smiled darkly.

"You do now," she corrected impishly. Oh, true. It wasn't his own talents that he could use for that end, but..

"I do suppose I will be needing to make a visit to the Captain soon, won't I? I have had .. other things on my mind."
Icon from http://sythearts.deviantart.com/
Saraphael

Postby Tebrin » Tue May 15, 2007 5:27 am

"I suppose, when you look at it that way, I -do- have the resources..." He agreed with her assessment, dimpled smile fading as she turns her discussion to a slightly more business-liike avenue. "Yes. The sooner the better. Rhaena will do just fine for our purposes in any event, and I've a suspicion that he will not allow his command to be as easily manipulated as we would like."

His free hand brushed a branch from their path as they proceeded through the forest, speaking casually to each other as if nothing had occured, as if nothing were amiss. Fingertips lazily drift across the wisp of cloth that covers her shoulder, before trailing down the pronounced curve of her shoulderblade in idle affection.

"Agnieszka has been relatively scarce. Should make things far easier on you."
Tebrin

Postby Saraphael » Tue May 15, 2007 5:33 am

"Hm. He may be a difficult one, but I do so enjoy a challenge," Ivory murmured thoughtfully to herself. Her mouth quirked at the mention of the young peasant. "Her scarcity could be helpful or not, depending on the reason. If she has been holed up in his rooms, it may be more difficult."

It would be a pity to have to be rid of such an angsty creature. There was a lot of potential there to be twisted. Perhaps not as much as Aeryn, however. Ivory was still musing over the ease in which he told her to buy a knife and defend herself.

Pity that he was still mortal. They could have a lot of fun with such an amoral ally.

"It may take more effort than it did with Michael," Ivory positively beamed at the irony of the name. "Are you positive you will be able to handle that, all things considered?"

Especially after the night before. Especially now. He was so beautiful. Her head lowered to his shoulder.
Saraphael

Postby Tebrin » Tue May 15, 2007 6:00 am

"If that is the case..." He fell silent, frowned darkly. What to do about Agnieszka? Tybalt had been so fond of her - and she had proven so thoroughly..... human. So traitorous. So untrustworthy. So two-faced. She might yet have a chance to redeem herself - and she was the perfect toy, as well. It would be a Hell of a shame.

"Avoid physical confrontation if you can." If she could. With Kaczamarek, physical confrontation was almost a given. "Maybe I can distract her with Rhaena. It will be worth a try, regardless."

His scowl deepened as she questioned him - her concern, her affection, her adulation were all touching. But they reminded him of just how little he -cared- for this particular tactic, all of a sudden. Hand settled upon her hip and squeezed, to gently reassure, a stoic nod her first response from the olive magi.

"...Yes. Tybalt can deal with it, and I know what must be done. Besides... I know with whom Saraphael's heart lies. Just do not make recreation of it." As long as it was business, he could tolerate it.
Tebrin

Postby Saraphael » Tue May 15, 2007 6:25 am

"I always avoid physical confrontations, if I can. Though it might be amusing to simper when I stab her, and declare that it was Aeryn that suggested I buy the knife in the first place."

Deviously wicked. Ivory delighted in the image for a few moments, even as she smirked slightly at the possessive hold of the magi -- or the spirit within. Probably both. "It may just do you better to be rid of her, you know. Your Rhaena will become more vunerable, and my Aeryn will have one less distraction."

Still, that was his decision, not hers. She was hardly going to fret over his attachment to potential work; she would be quite irate, after all, if he decided to be rid of her rampaging murderer. Michael certainly had the potential for that.

"I make recreation of you. Speaking of, are you still refusing to pay for my wine?"
Saraphael

Postby Tebrin » Tue May 15, 2007 6:58 am

"...Michael," he finally uttered after a pregnant pause, a snicker mixed with the disyllabic murmur.

"Yes, well, I don't want to be rid of her. She's a friend, yet." We'd see how long that lasted, however, if she continued the way she had been. Maybe it was in Agnie's best interest to have been unavailable...

"Rhaena is coming along just perfectly without resorting to that - she recently found out that her long-lost lover is alive and sleeping around, there is no shortage of emotional trauma there to exploit, have no fear... As for Aeryn, I thought you -liked- the challenge, hmm?"

He lightly pinched at soft, creamy skin before allowing hand to wander the graceful inward curve of her waist, and finally settle upon her left bicep. "And I -demand- you make recreation of me. It's a unique arrangement that way. And I don't see as how you need -my- money to pay for your wine. You've enough of your own, and enough of every other hot-blooded male in the place."
Tebrin

Postby Saraphael » Tue May 15, 2007 7:05 am

"A friend."

Ivory paused to look at him suspiciously. Making friends was not exactly the best course of action. Especially with a human. Yet, there wasn't a hint of jealousy, even as a hand swatted at his taken liberties. Pinching. Hmph.

"I thought the girl's lover was dead," she retorted, going back to business. Friends. Honestly. "Though faking his death to be rid of her is perfectly devious. Something I would have thought up, actually. Maybe we should be trying to recruit him."

As for the wine? "I like it when you pay for my wine," Ivory purred softly, choosing that particular moment to press up to him again. It was torment; how dare he suggest she could get just anyone to pay for her liquor? "It makes me happy." And so it seemed, though the grin that split her face was far more wicked than it was estatic.
Saraphael

Next

Return to Myrkentown