Predatory Vengeance...

Predatory Vengeance...

Postby Lucian » Tue May 06, 2003 11:39 am

"What be your name, kind sir?"

The soft voice of the seemingly elderly beggar asked, half-hidden away in the solace of a dark shadow on the side of a warehouse in the rougher parts of Myrken Town. The same beggar, that was asking for coins, and disenchanting the vampire "myth" when Alexi Rose was scheduled to have her meeting regarding the Orphanage.

"Private Edgar Bradigan, of the Order of Straka. Why do you ask, old-timer?"

Came the response of the guardsman, on patrol on the bad side of town. He had given the old beggar a few coins from the satchel on his side, prior to being asked his name. Edgar was a good man, loved his wife and had a new baby on the way, very soon. He was new to the guard, and perhaps a little overzealous to help the misfortunate.

"I like to know the names ... of all my victims."

The response of the beggar rang out, through the unsually chilled Spring evening. The face of the beggar looked up from the darkened shadow, right towards the guard standing in front of him. Fangs were bared, and the hint of a smile was shown on the gaping mouth of Lucian.

"Victim? What? No, please!"

Came the cry from the guard, as Lucian leaped forward from the wall, and with a quick flick of the wrist, plunged the blade of a misericorde right into the gut of poor Edgar. Immediately, the guardsman's eyes bolted open wide,while blood began to trail from his mouth, and down his chin.

Staggering backwards a bit, Lucian keeping the man up with a quick arm around his waist, the man sputtered to speak, but the blood that was collecting in his throat and mouth wouldn't allow any words to come forth. Depper, the blade was shoved into the man's stomach, and finally twisted. At that moment, bared fangs were plunged into the man's chest, directly within his breast, and through it to his heart.

Blood rushed within the mouth of Lucian as he supped deeply upon the now rapidly-dying guard, Edgar Bradigan. Being held up with the lithe arm of Lucian behind his back, the only thing the departing man could do was sag forward, his shoulders hunching forward as he fell into Lucian.

But Lucian did not let him slip into death. No, not just yet. Withdrawing the blade, he moved backwards, withdrawing his arm from around Edgar's back, and letting him fall down to his knees in front of Lucian. He struggled for breath, looking up towards the Cainite with a scared, glassy scare.

In the mean time, Lucian was licking the blood from off the triangled shaped blade of his misericorde, ichor leaking out from his mouth, and on either sides of his lips and jaw. And there he chuckled, in a mocking way, much like he had Quincy so many times. Much like he had to Kanashia, after he burned his house to the ground. Shaking his head down towards the man, Lucian merely smiled. His head stopped shaking for a moment, allowing his head to now tilt on his neck while he regarded Edgar.

He thought for a second or two, and then he dealt the final blow. A quick punch to the side of the man's face with a tiger claw-laden fist. The spikes of the knuckles shattering the bones on the side of his face, and tearing out large pieces of skin, causing horrifying gashes. Edgar's kneeling form fell forward, face first into the cobblestone street, as Lucian's laughter echoed throughout the once-silent street next to the warehouse.

A snap of his fingers, and from the darkness, two ghouls came forth, holding a large box that resembled a casket. These two ghouls were twins, looking precisely alike, as if they had been molded that way. They were too perfect looking, even for twin brothers, and their unnatural grace had made them come towards Lucian quickly. With a nod of his head, the ghouls picked up the corpse, and held him up right. Lucian's still tilted head regarded the body once more, before a bright idea came to him.

The magus had planned to send the corpse to Kanashia, but something more diabolic took him. With a grin, his neck craned, straightening his head. Tearing open the man's tunic now, Lucian carved his name deep into the flesh of the corpse, right under the bite marks to the man's breast. Glassy eyes of death watched the vampire while he took precise care to sign his name in an elegant style of penmanship, so Alexander would know that it was indeed certified.

But the sorceror did not stop there. His plan would be more dastardly. Reaching his wrist towards his lips, Lucian bit down deep into his own flesh. Then, as the blood began to trickle down his arm, Lucian brought it forth towards Edgar's lips. Pushing the corpse's head backwards with the same arm, he tilted his neck, so the blood from the wrist would fall down into his throat.

The embrace. But Lucian was not doing this to create a new childe. No, he was doing this to further the mental games that he had been playing with the Captain for weeks now. This was sure to anger the captain, if he would survive the attack from the rabid neonate that would surely try and murder whoever was first to open the coffin.

Pulling his arm away, only allowing the corpse to have a little taste of his blood, Lucian nodded towards the two ghouls, who quickly propped up the corpse of the soon-to-be vampire and tossed him down into the casket. Quickly, the lid was closed, and the latch sealed with a pad lock. Lucian simply smiled, for by the time this wooden coffin was opened, the neonate would be awake, and in a frenzy, wanting blood. He would try to attack the headquarters of the Order from the inside.

Punctuating the wooden box, Lucian stabbed downwards into the lid with the misericorde. Perhaps Kanashia would know it was his weapon, but either way, with the blood from his wrist, he allowed it to trickle onto the top of the box while reciting a few phrases into the night.

Luckily, this was the bad part of town, and not many walked the streets this night. After a few moments of bleeding on the lid, he traced a sigil onto the top of the casket with his own blood. This rune would keep the box from being opened from the inside. Only someone on the outside could open the box, now. This would help to keep the frenzied vampire on the inside, until some unfortunate fool opened it. Surely this creature would be easily dispatched, for it was an untrained, raving lunatic of a neonate.

With a chuckle, and more of his blood, Lucian wrote the name "Captain Kanashia" upon the box, right above the rune marking in the center of the lid. Then with a nod of his head, he spoke towards the twin ghouls.

"Precisely one hour before dawn, you are to deliver this casket to the front gates of the Barracks of the Order of Straka. They will find it, upon reveille .. do not fail me."

The blood-bonded twin ghouls nodded towards their master, but neither spoke a word. Instead, they each grabbed a side of the casket, and raised it with little effort. Quietly, they slipped back into the darkness of an alley as Lucian looked up towards the stars with a wry smile upon his face.

"I hope you enjoy my present, Alexander my friend. The stakes have just gotten higher .. cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war..."

And down the same foggy alley his ghouls had departed into earlier, Lucian moved down. His body was silhouetted in the light of the moon and the fog of the alley briefly before he vanished completely into the long night, a soft whistled tune echoing behind him.....
Blood is black in the moonlight -
When I pierced the heart of my bethrothed.

Her undead gaze bringing ire upon me.

I held her head aloft to my grim gods.

And ever I am thwarted by the dark.

Bal-Sagoth - Thwarted by the Dark (Blade of the Vampyre Hunter)
Lucian

Postby Darren » Wed May 07, 2003 6:07 am

At the gated entrance of Myrken's barracks, four guards stood around the casket with the blood-titled 'casket', the box meant for the Captain. As it clearly said.

The white-haired Captain was now standing over the box, having been summoned to see it early in the morning, the sun still a few minutes from peaking over the line of trees and mountains. A gesture to the box.

"Any idea what's the inside?"

"Possibly a body."

"A body?"

"Maybe. Who knows."

"Then open it," Alexander interjected, and he leaned now to crack open the seal of the wooden box. To his surprise, there came a screaching figure leaping at his face, hands clawing towards the mortal Captain.

"Oh, ****!" cried a guard, as the sound of metal hissing from their leather sheathes. Alexander, as well, drew both his weapons. His cheek was swelling from a thin, small slice that had hit him from the nails of the ravenous, frenzied youngling.

Quickly, swords went to immediately impaling and slicing at the bloody, freshly 'dead' body. It wouldn't take long before the five of them had ended the threat. Still, the body was not mutilated to the point it could not be unrecognizable, and the family would be informed of the fate.

The marks on the box were clear to Captain Kanashia. Those were the doings of Lucian's weapon. Retaliation at it's worst. A life lost. A sigh from Alexander. He knew more than ever, now, that Lucian would have to be disposed of. Quickly.
I refuse to believe this is as good as it gets.
Darren

Return to Myrkentown