Bad Influences, booze, and possibly fire.

Bad Influences, booze, and possibly fire.

Postby Pantha » Tue May 14, 2013 8:30 am

It isn't really hard to find Elliot, and while there were rumors of the boy haunting the tea houses, he figured his best bet was looking for the boy at the Dagger. He is well into a drunken buzz (and isn't that a rare thing for the fae to actually be visibly intoxicated) when he spies Elliot walking the road from town to the inn. He catches up quickly to the boy, slipping his arm inside his with a grin. “Just the boy I was looking for! I need your help with something...” He bites his lower lip and tries to hide his excitement as the other hand shoves a nearly empty bottle of brandy into Elliot's chest.
Pantha

Re: Bad Influences, booze, and possibly fire.

Postby Glenn » Tue May 14, 2013 8:40 am

Rumors about Elliot Brown; wasn't that nice. Some of it was Cat's fault, but only some of it. The seven girlfriends or whatever was the urchin's fault. Other things, less so. Tea houses? That was something new, not that he knew that Zilliah had heard that. in truth, his plans to befriend Petronela Kaczmarek had gone horribly, one of the biggest failures of the last year. Ah well, not everyone appreciated the boy's clumsy charm.

Zilliah, on the other hand, did. Or he hated it. One or the other. Elliot was glad that the bottle was mostly empty. He didn't have a ton of use for the stuff. Still, it was offered and he'd sip of it. "I kind of like young man, more. Or man. Man is good." Elliot grinned. "I'll accept teenager for a little while longer. You may be my fairy, Zill, but I'm sure not your boy." A clap to move the subject along, that being a tricky thing given the bottle. "That doesn't mean I'm not the man for the job, though. What do you need?" The flighty fae was a friend, despite it all, and if he'd come to Elliot for help, it had to be important.
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Pantha » Tue May 14, 2013 8:46 am

The bottle is given to Elliot more so that he can produce the carefully folded deed to his new home from his pocket. He tugs Elliot by the arm back towards town, not really caring if the boy wanted to drink the rest of the brandy or not. “I want to burn it down.” All the talk about man this and man that and you're my fairy! He shakes his head, “I guess I do not -need- your help, but I thought you might enjoy helping me.” He lets go of the -young man- as soon as he is moving in the right direction. There is mischief in the fae's eyes, a look that hasn't been there since he last roamed Myrken at night with Alton. “Maybe Niall would want to join us. I hear she enjoys a good roaring fire.”
Pantha

Postby Glenn » Tue May 14, 2013 8:58 am

It all happens so quick. Zilliah was a whirlwind. First the bottle and then the deed and then he wanted to burn it down! And then he was walking away and mentioning Niall. "I'm.." Elliot laughed, because it was a lot all at once. "If you really want to burn it down, I can help, and probably make sure that it doesn't spread too much, because we're not setting the WHOLE TOWN on fire, ok?" Even though he didn't live there anymore now that he was at Darkenhold. "And I think we leave Niall out of it. She'd want to make the fire too big." Part of him very much wanted to invite Whelp, though. It was all he could do to fight back that strange impulse. Elliot's falling in beside him now. "I have to know though! Why did you buy a house just to burn it down?"
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Pantha » Tue May 14, 2013 9:13 am

He was a ball of excited, drunken energy and he if glad he has someone willing to share in his debauchery. The chance to invite one of Elliot's little girl friends to the party is shrugged off, his mood unaffected. “Fuck Glenn Burnie.” There is a wicked sneer at Elliot and he slows down his pace so he can take Elliot's arm in his as if the young rogue was some sort of gentleman. “I have not fully paid for it, yet. I left runes inscribes on the bars. Glenn Burnie is going to get a burnt down property and a desk full of blood in the morning.”
Pantha

Postby Glenn » Tue May 14, 2013 9:19 am

There were some things which ought never be. One of the first and foremost was Elliot Brown being the voice of reason. "Hey, um.. Remember that talk we had the other night, where you were so content, right? And I was worried about you, okay?" There was some semblance of honest concern in his voice. "and you were just so damn happy with those flowers about Snowy and Zi and you gave me one, and I asked about how it was affecting you. You know, all that stuff."

He was beside him now. "I'm happy to burn something down (though I think the school is a better choice, but we don't own that). I mean, I am. But are you sure you want to get on his bad side right now? I mean the .." Then he paused, paused and shrugged and smiled. "You know, I've barely seen Snowy out at all, and Zi moves on from one subject to the next real quick. I'm sure Burnie doesn't even KNOW about them, right? He doesn't know everything. So there's nothing to worry about."
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Pantha » Tue May 14, 2013 9:26 am

“He intends this house as a place where he can use my family as leverage against me. I am to be watched here. I am going to take them both home; Snowy does not wish to live in a house and be indebted to a Mind Witch. Now do not spoil my mood.” Elliot is given a playful shove to the side and he chuckles. “I cannot let him keep the gold. He told me he used to last gold of mine that came into his possession to build a labyrinth.”
Pantha

Postby Glenn » Tue May 14, 2013 1:15 pm

"Course, Zill. I won't spoil your mood," Elliot smiled easy enough. This was the sort of trouble he could get behind. He needed to unleash lately. There was a growing darkness inside of him lately whether it be due to Whelp or Niall or Pantha or whatever else. It was there and this would be perfect. He'd let off some steam with quite a bit of smoke and stick it in the establishment's eye at the same time, while helping out a friend and bonding with the fae.

There was just one thing. One little tiny thing that was bothering him. A tiny, itsy bits thing. Nothing really, but still, he had to voice it. "Snowy seemed to really want to make it here, though. She really wants Zi surrounded by other people. Friends. You're sure they'll be okay with leaving?" It was an innocent question with a tone that the fae ought to appreciate, really. A caring tone. Too caring a tone for Elliot Brown, too interested a tone for the rogue who seemed to care for so few in such fickle ways. Investment. "I didn't even think you'd convinced her to move in with you yet." Just when and how had Elliot Brown gotten so invested to ask questions so pointed and accurate about things he shouldn't now about at all?
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Pantha » Wed May 15, 2013 4:26 am

Some part of him just wanted the entire town to burn down, to devastate the city so that the humans would have to flee and he could be alone with his woods again. That was a foolish dream and previous disasters over the centuries have proven that humans are far more tenacious than most give them credit for and somehow they have always rebuilt. He stops just outside the city gates when the tone of Elliot’s voice changes and he speaks of things he shouldn’t know. He frowns and turns to boy, taking him gently by the shoulder, “I do not care if she wants it or not. This is not the Myrken she grew up in; things were different then. I had business in town, I was the governor’s lover and there was very little to worry about. No one wanted to hurt me, there were no mentalist running the schools; she was safe.” From everyone but him apparently. “She is naive and the things she wants for my child will kill her, or worse. If she does not come with me, then her fate is her own.”
Pantha

Postby Glenn » Wed May 15, 2013 5:16 am

Elliot had an animal cleverness. Was it ironic that Zilliah just called humans vermin and yet the boy before him, the one he went to now could, at times, express a sort of pack mentality. Everything he'd said so far was something he could guess at, though, something that he could work out. Even Elliot could be insightful now and again. The boy was coming from a caring place, whether the fae cared about that or not. Everything so far fit, even if clumsily. His tone shifted again, and suddenly everything changed. "She's not the girl she was then." Confusion, affection, exasperation, shyness, admiration, resentment, maybe even a little fear. Maybe even something else. It was a flurry of emotion all at once. "She knows what she wants and.. and.. she knows it so well that the truth doesn't matter to her."

He paused for a moment. He had to. These were big thoughts and Elliot wasn't up to voicing them, wasn't up to finding the words. "It's just.. I think she's going to get what she wants, Zill. I don't think you can stop it, ok? I'm not even sure I could." and in the rogue's mind, THAT was saying something. "It's going to happen and what you can do is shield them from the consequences best you can, right? I'll help with that if you want. I will." Elliot would try to put a hand on Zilliah's shoulder, much as he had done with the teenager.
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Pantha » Wed May 15, 2013 5:27 am

He listens to Elliot as he tries to talk the fae out of his self destructive path. She isn’t the same girl, Zill, she isn’t. He already knows this; the girl he had loved would have listened to him, would have let him protect her from things that go bump in the night. His expression darkens as he begins to make sense of what the boy is saying. “You went to her.” The touch to his shoulder sets him off and he shoves Elliot away with renewed rage. “Fuck you too, Elliot.” He spits in the boy’s direction and takes off running towards town and the house waiting to burn to the ground. He would do it alone then.
Pantha

Postby Glenn » Wed May 15, 2013 5:46 am

Once upon a time Elliot Brown tackled Zilliah in order to lower the chances of some nasty thing or another happening. It was, perhaps, the wrong thing to do. The fae would have been fine. There had been other ways to deal with the situation. The end result was Zilliah destroying his Yule gift and the two hadn't ever been quite so close again. The eye was exorcised soon after. Elliot never took his ring off for Zill again anyway. Now whatever common ground they might have had was shaky and most of their conversations were about why they should even be conversing with each other in the first place.

There was, then, some hesitation in the teenager now to simply tackle the fae. Run beside him? Shout after him? No hesitation there. "It was right after I talked to you!" The shove gave Zilliah a headstart, but Elliot Brown was a fast little human. He was trained to be fast and honed by running away from Constables and whatever else he might have alienated or irritated. "I was worried about you, even after we talked! I wanted to make sure she wouldn't wrong you!" How was he to know that he was about to walk into the most deadly traps of the most dangerous of creatures: a very desperate mother who had lost so much and would do anything not to lose more. Elliot never had a chance. "Of course I went to her. I'm your friend. That's what friends do! They look after each other!"
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Pantha » Wed May 15, 2013 6:18 am

The frustration building inside the fae was about to boil over and poor Elliot just could not leave him alone and spare himself the wrath taking over the fae’s mind. It felt as if the world was against him and even Elliot was trying to guide him into better choices. Right now, in this moment, he wants nothing more than to do every terrible thing he could to show them all that they cannot force him into being a good citizen. “She wronged me when she left me and there is nothing that can be done to mend that. She let my son be killed and at this rate, so will my daughter. You think you know what is best? FINE. You lot can have them, prove me wrong.” And Elliot would find the fae a very hard target to catch should he give chase through town.
Pantha

Postby Glenn » Wed May 15, 2013 7:36 am

Zilliah ran. Elliot gave chase. The fae was inhuman, had powers Elliot could not begin to match, but the boy was uniquely suited for such a chase. He knew the town. He knew its pathways and alleys. He knew the shortest way between two points, and he was the most stubborn creature within dozens of miles. This was his natural habitat, his place of power as much as anywhere. Zilliah lived in a god damn tree.

"You're hearing what you want to hear, Zill!" A burst of words and then the fae would gain distance again and Elliot would have to leap and swing and crawl to get in close enough to say anything else. "Or what you're afraid to! I went to her beca..." And again, the sheer act of shouting caused him to slow, but he was more determined than ever. The fae may well think he'd lost the boy for good but then, suddenly, he'd drop down a building behind him. "I went to her because of how she left you! I went to her to protect you! I was on.." your side, Elliot would have said but the opportunity was lost, and here some hesitation would enter in once more. He HAD been on Zilliah's side. Whose side was he on now?

"I don't know what's best!" He had made it up to a rooftop. The fae had been lost to him. All he could do was shout and hope the creature might double back. "I just told you what I thought she'd do!" He sat down upon that rooftop, exhausted. He laid, much as he had on the floor of Snowy's room just a night or two before. When he spoke, it was soft; his yelling was over. "Damn it, Zilliah. You have to work with her. You have to. It's the only way it'll work."
Glenn
Co-Founder

Postby Pantha » Wed May 15, 2013 7:54 am

There is nothing unnatural about the fae’s speed; he is simply light weight, well toned, and can see in the dark alleys he weaves through as he runs blindly towards the house. Elliot puts up a good chase and he can hear the boy’s voice carrying through the night after him, only enraging him more. Elliot gives up chase but the fae does not stop. Within minutes he is on the property, scaling the wooden fence to run towards the building. There is a lantern on the porch burning low as the oil begins to run dry in it. Inside the house, the walls, floors, any bit of furniture was all soaked in the alcohol he had bought earlier. He picks it up, open the front door with the key, and hefts it into the middle of the room where he has a pile of brandy soaked rags. It lights up like a pile of sun baked hay, illuminating the night as the fire roar throughout the building. Soon enough, Elliot would see the flames and the smoke from his vantage point. The fae doesn’t linger long at the scene of the crime and rushes towards the woods where he can watch from the treetops.
Pantha

Next

Return to Myrkentown